United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:11 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch22
i can confidently say we will never finish 2nd again until we get a high level coach and a structure around that prioritises footballing success over commercial success.

although the quality of the league isn't the highest the top 3 teams are so far ahead of the rest unless you have a the above in place (+ £££ for transfers) you have no chance of catching them, plus teams like Leicester, Villa, Wolves, Brighton etc will always take points off you during the season if you're not on your A game.

we are a football club in name only, until that changes we are going nowhere.
Sponsors still bringing in money for the glazers. 11 mill a year fo doing duck all as they live in America not even having to glance at the club

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Southampton played really well tbh .....total lack of respect for them in here..
They did very well. But it could be Southampton, Middlesbrough,Burnley or Villa at the moment. It's the same problems every game. The common denominator is manchester united and their routinely piss poor play at both ends of the pitch. Forwards who can't finish chances and defenders habitually gifting shit goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Sponsors still bringing in money for the glazers. 11 mill a year fo doing duck all as they live in America not even having to glance at the club
Exactly. Stick some nodding head in as chief exec to do your bidding and then just sit there in tampa collecting a fat cheque every year.

who gives a £#%&! where the team finishes, as long as the dividends keep rolling in.

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:16 PM
92ToBury

Why is it we can all see that the midfield is a problem and £#%&! all has been done about it in three consecutive windows?

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Why is it we can all see that the midfield is a problem and £#%&! all has been done about it in three consecutive windows?
It was, starting for Everton today, sat on an assist, pulling strings from deep....

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

We’re a team with a number of big name, big transfer fee and big wages players but we’re a mediocre team
Southampton looked the better team to me and probably should have beaten us in the 2nd half

We’re an absolute mess and it feels now like even if we make correct decisions from this point on it will still take us years to get to the required level to compete for the league
It’s so depressing

There isn’t one player I’d be arsed if they left
We need to adopt a clear footballing identity and bring in coaches and players based off that identity
If that means we have a huge turnover of players this summer then so be it as this needs to be blown up and start from scratch

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:19 PM
shenwen

Quote:
It was, starting for Everton today, sat on an assist, pulling strings from deep....
Bossed the midfield so far. Looks a player

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:24 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s so depressing
Yep

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We’re a team with a number of big name, big transfer fee and big wages players but we’re a mediocre team
Southampton looked the better team to me and probably should have beaten us in the 2nd half

We’re an absolute mess and it feels now like even if we make correct decisions from this point on it will still take us years to get to the required level to compete for the league
It’s so depressing

There isn’t one player I’d be arsed if they left
We need to adopt a clear footballing identity and bring in coaches and players based off that identity
If that means we have a huge turnover of players this summer then so be it as this needs to be blown up and start from scratch
Don't be £#%&!ing stupid. That's for well-run football clubs. The circus formerly known as manchester united football club will just blunder around picking players on 'marketability' and whether they'll play well with sponsors

vital areas of the team will be left completely neglected, we'll continue with our dogshit fullbacks and lumbered with the same tossers picking up enormous wages for playing rubbish

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:30 PM
dunk

Only United could go from having an abundance of attacking options to looking wearily at Elanga, Lingard and Mata for inspiration in a winter transfer window. Incredible that 2 of them are still £#%&!ing here

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:33 PM
Crumps

Years of what having owners and execs that aren't football people. Look what city did raided Barça and put proper football people with connections in positions of power. They had a plan and they executed it perfectly. We've had #@&%! head who £#%&!s over names and nothing more. It was just jobs for the boys on top of that too. Virtually no players have progressed anywhere in 10 years apart from expected spurts because of their age. Ralf is the first appointment that is going remotely the right way but I expect that only happened by pure dumb luck as Chelsea and Milan were courting him. Ole should have gone the day after Liverpool to give him a fighting chance. Instead of the first month with no £#%&!ing training of any note and Xmas fixtures.

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:34 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
nothing will change until we get new owners, nothing.
Liverpool have the same kind of owners.

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Lok

As stupid as it sounds; we're missing Fred. We also look better with Telles.

Ronaldo needs to be dropped. The 37 year old version of him is only good for scoring goals and he can't even do that at the moment. Rashford looks shit again. Elanga isn't the answer and Cavani isn't pulling up trees.

It's too easy to get through the midfield and the defenders crap themselves when teams break at speed against us.

So many changes are needed to this team that it's hard to know where to start. We need a striker, midfielder, full back and centre back of the highest quality and it just isn't going to happen.

It's really hard to see how it gets any better. It is mind blowing that we spent £130m on Wan Bissaka and Maguire, both look so far away from what we need. The club's constantly poor decision making means things are only going to get worse.

I like Ralf but it's clear that he isn't the answer. It's hard to imagine ETH or chubby cheeks improving things much either.

DOOOM

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:39 PM
Crumps

Would have Fred over Pogba every day now.

Unread 12-02-2022, 04:56 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Yep, just had a great half.

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:00 PM
marlo

let’s not even talk about The Scottish Players habit of hiding when our defenders have the ball instead of pulling out at an angle to receive it and move it on.

this is from another game. does it so much every game

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:14 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And Bruno was shocking. Again. Gave the ball away for fun in that 2nd half continually.
Apart from the 3 pin point
Passes to forwards who £#%&!ed up the chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we need to bring in a extra midfielder and sacrifice a forward.

Personally I’d take Ronnie out and put rashford up on his own. With Bruno and sancho as part of a front three.
rashford purely for his pace. nothing else.

Fred, The Scottish Player and pogba in midfield will give us more balance.
Probably the posters greatest post he’s made.

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:34 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Calm. The. Farm.

Ronaldo is a piece of gold in a sea of turds.

They should build the team around getting the ball to someone who can bloody score.

It’s football. You’re not asking footballers to design a Space X rocket.
utter nonsense.

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:50 PM
Hitch22

i dont think The Scottish Player was that bad tbh, its not as if he's not trying he's just not that good and he doesn't pick himself does he? we just need to sign better players so we don't have to rely on him all the time.

Bruno Fernandes was worse imo. i had no idea where he was playing, he was running around pressing players on his own, which put him out of position etc. once his goals and assists dried up he has been shockingly bad, again not his fault, we don't have any better options.

we are crying out for a midfield overhaul. surely we cant go into another season with that lot as the 1st choice options? surely

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
i dont think The Scottish Player was that bad tbh, its not as if he's not trying he's just not that good and he doesn't pick himself does he? we just need to sign better players so we don't have to rely on him all the time.

Bruno Fernandes was worse imo. i had no idea where he was playing, he was running around pressing players on his own, which put him out of position etc. once his goals and assists dried up he has been shockingly bad, again not his fault, we don't have any better options.

we are crying out for a midfield overhaul. surely we cant go into another season with that lot as the 1st choice options? surely
They’ll sign Luka modric and market him along with Pochettino some shit like that. What’s bale doing these days? I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a big contract for little effort

Also “chase” haaland only for him to go somewhere else and then panic buy Calvert Lewin for 60 million . The Manchester United way!

Unread 12-02-2022, 05:56 PM
AK14

Thought Mctom, Bruno and Pogba all played well enough but all play better further up the pitch, We need a proper sitting midfielder.

Problem was the likes of Rashford making the wrong decision over and over again and Ronaldo being an old man. Add in Luke Shaw being a fat lazy bastard, Maguire being shot and Dalot being average and we struggle to kill teams off.

I thought Sancho looked good again.
Closed Thread