United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2017, 06:02 AM
saffers

Default Mou: ‘United had stopped in time. There was no evolution’

See Dunc has posted his much heralded Mou interview from the Sunday Times on his facebook page.

Jose Mourinho has given himself three years to transform a club that had become stuck in the past

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dunca...05388485304504

Do wonder what the LvG fans who hype up their man finishing 5th while Mou finished 6th make of this bit:

Quote:
“The football team I think clearly there was an evolution in other clubs, and that was quite an empty period in this club with no evolution in areas that are important for the football team, and that was the first step to try to bring the football team in the right direction.

“Of course in the first season I was trying to improve [this], but I also felt the club need to feed — at least emotionally — the fans, the self-esteem of the players, the motivation of the people. And you can’t do that without some success. That’s why I fought hard for trophies. And that’s why I prefer a Europa League victory than a third or fourth spot in the championship. Because the best way to accelerate the process is to do the process winning. Because winning gets you smiles, you get better atmosphere, you create better empathy with the people, you can demand more from the people, you can persuade the people to give more. And that was a very successful way of work in the past season, because last season was important, not just to bring the club back to the Champions League, not just by winning something as a very important target, but do that at the time you are improving the structures.

Unread 15-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Red Al

He's right we needed to get some spark that seemed to have gone back in to the team(and club)as they seemed to be a bunch of @#%&!.

Not quite there yet but another 2-3 top players in and we will be

Unread 15-09-2017, 07:25 AM
saffers

Anyone with eyes can see what is going on Red Al. Love Mou

Unread 15-09-2017, 07:28 AM
My Name is Keith

It's fairly simple phycology - takes pressure off the whole club including the manager. Fergie did the same in 1990.

God knows why we still have people banging on about our league position last year when the way to move the club forward was to win stuff and still get champs league.

Unread 15-09-2017, 07:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Sounds like Mou thinks the FA Cup win of '16 was vital to the process. Good lad

Unread 15-09-2017, 07:49 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Must have helped the club's culture move forward - no doubt - a victory for the players who triumphed over adversity. The players rebellion at Christmas time earlier in the year was key. The club knew it was moving on and lo and behold, victory was ours

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:39 AM
Switching Off

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:42 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Lets move on.

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:49 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lets move on.
'Cos it's time to groove on.

Unread 15-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lets move on.

Let's Mou on

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:08 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Must have helped the club's culture move forward - no doubt - a victory for the players who triumphed over adversity. The players rebellion at Christmas time earlier in the year was key. The club knew it was moving on and lo and behold, victory was ours
Dreadful attempt.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:10 AM
saffers

Quote:
I don't think it counts. The manager who won it was disliked by most of the players and most of the fans. Even the way it was won was quite demoralizing(scrappy extra time vs a mediocre palace side) + the news of his sacking leaking during the celebrations post match.

The real positivity began when Mou was announced, then we build on it further with 3 more cups. We are moving on up.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I don't think it counts. The manager who won it was disliked by most of the players and most of the fans. Even the way it was won was quite demoralizing(scrappy extra time vs a mediocre palace side) + the news of his sacking leaking during the celebrations post match.

The real positivity began when Mou was announced, then we build on it further with 3 more cups. We are moving on up.
The League Cup win was pretty scrappy. In fact Soton battered us in general play.

The real question is, if the players don't need a manager to win pots, why are we paying Mou £15m per year to win plastic doubles and sell it as progress while we finish behind Arsenal?

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:25 AM
saffers

Quote:
The League Cup win was pretty scrappy. In fact Soton battered us in general play.

The real question is, if the players don't need a manager to win pots, why are we paying Mou £15m per year to win plastic doubles and sell it as progress while we finish behind Arsenal?
Southampton, not quite Palace + they were rested for 10+ days while we had a europa league game before the cup final iirc. Under LvG we would have lost to them.

Arsenal finished above us, sure. Ask any Arsenal fan (should be easy given you are from London), do they think they had a better season than us? Do they look to the future of their club with optimism? Do they think they will finish above us THIS season?

Cheers pal.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:50 AM
Alex Jones was Right

I find it incredibly disappointing that Ferguson and Charlton both preferred to hand the future of United into the hands of Giggs to suit their own personal interest. And these are the ones who are supposed to have our backs in a club filled with commercial and profiteering £#%&!ers.

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Stickman

Siders when we win the league

Unread 15-09-2017, 09:56 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Siders when we win the league

Doubt that. Siders loves the club. Fact that he resorted to loving someone like LvG shows how much he wanted the club to succeed.

People need to stop attacking the lvg fanboys, only then will they feel comfortable enough to embrace the Mourinho era.

Unread 15-09-2017, 11:03 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Great stuff from the boss.

Decent from Mourinho too.

Unread 15-09-2017, 11:07 AM
lindelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Agreed.

They only won the FA Cup because they all knew Jose was on the way.

Quote:

Tedious shite.

I bet you're a right laugh at parties.

Unread 15-09-2017, 11:26 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindelof
Agreed.

They only won the FA Cup because they all knew Jose was on the way.

Tedious shite.

I bet you're a right laugh at parties.
Have started to notice that you're one of the good eggs on here. Repped btw.

Yep - everyone knew lvg was toast pre cup final. As much as he endlessly bangs on about it, it wasnt his victory imo.
Closed Thread