United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:01 PM
MUFC One Love

Default That was one of them 'moments'.

It's been mentioned before that we haven't had any of them this season, late goals etc when you just know that goal will be crucial. Today was the first, and it's £#%&!ing top.

I wonder how Merseyside felt.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:21 PM
sweetleftfoot

It was a Sheffield Wednesday, Steve Bruce moment. Eric at Wembley moment. An ole moment.

It was £#%&!ing great, and the fact it will ruin half of merseysides weekend, and week, makes it all the sweeter.

GET ON THAT YSB!!!

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Fatboy Shrek

That was streets ahead of any other moment this season.

Bolton away and sunderland home were the other decent ones.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Tronics

that was the 'moment'

purely because of the team we had out.

the way we were playing.

our form prior.

bloody hell. to pull that out of the bag?!?!?!

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:25 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
That was streets ahead of any other moment this season.

Bolton away and sunderland home were the other decent ones.
Yep. But being in April todays is amazing. The 'business end' of the season.

I'm buzzing, completely £#%&!ing buzzing. We needed that, that's stopped the downward slope and given us a huge lift. Jesus, what a £#%&!ing goal though, truly world class finish the touch, turn and strike.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:26 PM
dunk

Not had a 'goon' like that for £#%&!ing ages.

Certainly not this season. CL Final maybe, Hargreaves free kick against Arsenal last season.

These moments are what I watch football for, the lack of them is what has made this season a bit of a disappointment so far.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's been mentioned before that we haven't had any of them this season, late goals etc when you just know that goal will be crucial. Today was the first, and it's £#%&!ing top.

I wonder how Merseyside felt.
it felt good

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
magic_cantona

I feel all better about United, our chances, life, the size of my #@&%!....everything.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I feel all better about United, our chances, life, the size of my #@&%!....everything.
£#%&!ing hell, the goal that reaches parts nothing else can reach

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yep, suddenly being on the dole and all the shite of lookin for a job isn't bothering me now.

Can't wait to watch MOTD2 tonight (barely watched MOTD this season) and get the papers in the mornin.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Yep, suddenly being on the dole and all the shite of lookin for a job isn't bothering me now.

Can't wait to watch MOTD2 tonight (barely watched MOTD this season) and get the papers in the mornin.
Me to a 'T' that

GET IN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&!ing hell, the goal that reaches parts nothing else can reach
£#%&!ing right.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Switching Off

Just got back from the pub, that was a special moment, for the team and for the lad. What a turn and what a £#%&!ing finish.

I had to sit through a scouser talking about his sheff wed moment last night, just reminded him that this is our sheff wed moment He's given it up now

What a goal from that lad though, still not over it.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:52 PM
wiganste

I'm that happy, I've spoke to people on the phone today that I haven't for ages.

My favourite Utd goal this season. An absolute stunner

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm that happy, I've spoke to people on the phone today that I haven't for ages.

aye cheers for the call

you cleaned up the dog shit yet?

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

I think people are forgetting (well I am) about how good it was 'cos it was such a late and crucial goal you just think about the joys of us scoring it. But the technique was actually world class. That was the mark of a true predator.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:56 PM
RedMenace

Brilliant goal from the Italian stallion. Haven't had such a goon in so long with the way things have been this season. Fergie will be keeping a tight eye on him to see he doesn't get too carried away either judging by his interview. He'll probably still play in the stiffs during the week if they're playing.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think people are forgetting (well I am) about how good it was 'cos it was such a late and crucial goal you just think about the joys of us scoring it. But the technique was actually world class. That was the mark of a true predator.
Ruud-esque

My dad is convinced that Macheda is a natural scorer in the same mold, been saying it for weeks. Looks like he might have a point.

Unread 05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Brilliant goal from the Italian stallion. Haven't had such a goon in so long with the way things have been this season. Fergie will be keeping a tight eye on him to see he doesn't get too carried away either judging by his interview. He'll probably still play in the stiffs during the week if they're playing.
£#%&! it. Let him get carried away because he may not play another minute this season.

I do have a feeling we'll see a lot of this kid in the years to come. What a £#%&!ing goal, what a finish. He's a £#%&!ing kid ffs. Goal of the season

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:02 PM
RedMenace

Oh I agree ste, it's just Fergie specifically was mentioning that he'd have to not get carried away with the publicity he'll get in the next few days. If it was me I'd be £#%&!ing in the clouds for the next few months. But yeah he's got a great chance of a career here. So does Welbeck.

Unread 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Flowers of Manchester

cant remember the last time I went so mental infront of the tv

When I finally calmed down the game had already kicked off
Closed Thread