United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Great signing. There’s no down side. We need a tougher experienced decent hard as £#%&! midfielder. He’s all that. Our team is currently soft as shit. Our midfield is currently shit and soft as shit. Double shit.

Get him £#%&!ing signed.

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:34 AM
Joe Biden

He's not the best signing of the window he's the best signing post Fergie. Everything we need and more. He must be installed as captain on arrival.

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
He's not the best signing of the window he's the best signing post Fergie. Everything we need and more. He must be installed as captain on arrival.

Concur. Fully expect he will be this side of christmas

ragnorak

My giddiness is cresting and I feel alive again, this could be a real pivot moment for the next couple of years.

Trousers are officially down here, scarf shot imminent?

AK14

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:39 AM
Bunker Buster

Goodbye is always the hardest word ..

Captain Cass

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:40 AM
AK14

Saying his goodbyes?…

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:41 AM
Drexl

poo. I saw a tidy little private jet zip over our gaff this morning and convinced myself he was on it

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:43 AM
windy waffles

Clearing his locker.

Unread 19-08-2022, 10:45 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Saying his goodbyes?…
Chaining himself to the goalposts.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Surely Fred is redundant if he comes in. He’s the one sitting deep and collecting the ball like a @#%&! off the backline. Slot Casimero in that role. Eriksen next to him being all fluffy and delightful. Bruno ahead of them rattling things into the top corner/stands.

Sorted. McFred out the team.

It’s a typical a United plan-free, desperation, overpriced signing …..but at least it’s a good one that actually solves a huge issue in the team. He immediately makes us better 👍

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:09 AM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Surely Fred is redundant if he comes in. He’s the one sitting deep and collecting the ball like a tw*t off the backline. Slot Casimero in that role. Eriksen next to him being all fluffy and delightful. Bruno ahead of them rattling things into the top corner/stands.

Sorted. McFred out the team.

It’s a typical a United plan-free, desperation, overpriced signing …..but at least it’s a good one that actually solves a huge issue in the team. He immediately makes us better 👍
Fred and casemiro is brazils midfield.

Is will be them two an A nother.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:10 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Eriksen. A top midfield on paper...

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:13 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

I know. I just don’t want it to be.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:19 AM
marlo

Quote:

exactly.

fred is the most mobile of our midfielders so we play him at the CDM.

for Brazil (currently the no1 ranked team in the world) they both start.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:19 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
busquets is 34 right?

just asking.

also Frankie de Jong may have a nice name but he isn't what we need first in our midfield. I don't think a lot have seen him play.
Busquets is shit now.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:30 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Surely Fred is redundant if he comes in. He’s the one sitting deep and collecting the ball like a tw*t off the backline. Slot Casimero in that role. Eriksen next to him being all fluffy and delightful. Bruno ahead of them rattling things into the top corner/stands.
No, that would be mental. When have Utd ever set up with 5 No 10s / forwards even during peak times of having Tevez/Rooney/Berba/Ronaldo-that-can-walk at the club Will be Casemiro + Fred. Personally would like to see Eriksen left then instead of Rashford, Bruno in front, Sancho right .. whoever is left at the club at CF

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
No, that would be mental. When have Utd ever set up with 5 No 10s / forwards even during peak times of having Tevez/Rooney/Berba/Ronaldo-that-can-walk at the club Will be Casemiro + Fred. Personally would like to see Eriksen left then instead of Rashford, Bruno in front, Sancho right .. whoever is left at the club at CF
I wouldn’t play Eriksen as a ten.

Unread 19-08-2022, 11:33 AM
Ethers

Not sure it’s that relevant who starts for Brazil, because we’re not Brazil.

Pogba starts for France, but couldn’t nail down a place in our midfield. I’m sure he’ll give Cas and Fred a go, but I hardly think he’s gone out specifically to buy Fred’s international midfield partner. It’s a nice little bonus that they’ve got experience together, and certainly could work. I’m not sure Fred offers enough going forward though.