United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2012, 02:01 AM
saffers

Default Copa Libertadores 2012

The Angelo Henriquez hype is about to begin, amazing goal in his debut for Universidad in the copa libertadores tonight.

We agreed a deal for him in 2010 - £4m looked steep for a 16 year old, now about to turn 18 and with a rising reputation it looks like our South American scout has delivered something interesting.

Unread 23-02-2012, 02:06 AM
Sparky***

So we've agreed a deal to sign him? So when will he officially become a united player?

Unread 23-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Zorg

They agreed a deal to look at him, not sign him. Apparently they're going over this summer to agree looking terms.

Unread 23-02-2012, 02:34 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So we've agreed a deal to sign him? So when will he officially become a united player?
United agree first option on Chilean striker Henriquez as youngster trains in Manchester

Manchester United have agreed a first option on Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 16.

The Universidad de Chile striker has impressed in the South American Under 17 Championship in Ecuador, and has trained in Manchester.

'Of course it is amazing that a team like Manchester United have taken an interest in me. They are a huge team at a world level and playing for them would be a dream come true,' Henriquez admitted to Triunfo.

'I know that if I want to be a footballer, I have to be very professional and not get caught up in the parties or the gossip columns, besides I don't like that sort of thing.

'For now I am only thinking about my club, making my debut and performing; because Manchester United have told me that I have to start getting experience to make the move to England.'

Scout views:

Quote:
one of the most impressive cfwds of the tournament (u17 south american championship). plays in the middle up front in a 4-3-3 system

possesses great variety of skills, physically/technically. extremely hard working (!), outstanding runner (bursts/20-30 meters), fine touch

right footed but uses left to fine level (shots, passes), smart movement, ok body strength, brain/skill to play effective combinations

maybe lacks a few cms (hard to tell his exact size, i'd guess 178-180 cm), and would probably eventually be used as a second striker

the talk here in ecuador is that manchester united signed an option to buy henriquez already a year ago

don't know regarding eu passport, but unlikely to make much difference. as a top chilean talent, he'll get a work permit (at 18) anyhow

Unread 23-02-2012, 09:17 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They agreed a deal to look at him, not sign him. Apparently they're going over this summer to agree looking terms.

Unread 23-02-2012, 10:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
United agree first option on Chilean striker Henriquez as youngster trains in Manchester

Manchester United have agreed a first option on Chilean striker Angelo Henriquez, 16.

The Universidad de Chile striker has impressed in the South American Under 17 Championship in Ecuador, and has trained in Manchester.

'Of course it is amazing that a team like Manchester United have taken an interest in me. They are a huge team at a world level and playing for them would be a dream come true,' Henriquez admitted to Triunfo.

'I know that if I want to be a footballer, I have to be very professional and not get caught up in the parties or the gossip columns, besides I don't like that sort of thing.

'For now I am only thinking about my club, making my debut and performing; because Manchester United have told me that I have to start getting experience to make the move to England.'

Scout views:
Good to read, tbf.

Quality finish last night, last goal at 1:25

Unread 23-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Ethers

So we've got first option to say we can't afford him? Fantastic news.

Unread 23-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
So we've got first option to say we can't afford him? Fantastic news.
Let's hope he wants to be paid in Doritos!

Unread 23-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

anyway,

Unread 23-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Ethers

Mmmmm, Tropicana

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:35 PM
saffers

2nd goal of Neymar's hattrick last night, mother of god...

Could you imagine if we threw £50m at Santos for him this summer? No neither can I.

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

NEYMAR new great goal (Santos 3x1 Internacional) LIBERTADORES DA AMÉRICA 2012 [14 - 032] - YouTube

Could you imagine if we threw £50m at Santos for him this summer? No neither can I.
what a player

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Withers

Neymar has already signed for Barca hasn't he?

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
think so yes

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:50 PM
rafabio

Quote:

NEYMAR new great goal (Santos 3x1 Internacional) LIBERTADORES DA AMÉRICA 2012 [14 - 032] - YouTube

hahahaha

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Good to read, tbf.

Quality finish last night, last goal at 1:25

Universidad de Chile 5 - Godoy Cruz 1 - Copa Libertadores - YouTube
some £#%&!ing skill there... lovely stuff.

though everytime i see footage like that, i always think of Alan Partridge's World Cup reports.

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Baron

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
think so yes
Neymar & Messi in the same side... can only desperately hope Neymar does a Zlatan & throws his toys out of the pram is sold elsewhere for a third of the initial outlay.

We have half a chance then.

3 years time, Neymar in a Red shirt

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:55 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Neymar & Messi in the same side... can only desperately hope Neymar does a Zlatan & throws his toys out of the pram is sold elsewhere for a third of the initial outlay.

We have half a chance then.

3 years time, Neymar in a Red shirt
i was thinking about that but it wouldn't happen even if we had the money... barcelona and the like are always going to have the upper hand in such circumstances - weather, culture etc. anyway, who needs that @#%&! when we've got forward players of the ilk of Ashley Young and Rooneyo? couldn't see neymar skinning Kevin "battering ram" Davies on a cold and wet wednesday at the reebok. facto.

Unread 08-03-2012, 05:56 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Is this the lad QPR tried to sign?

Unread 08-03-2012, 10:08 PM
saffers

Quote:
Talk of Barca having paid 10m euros or something for a first option and have to pay another 50m to buy him.

Figures are probably off but i'm not sure I buy it anyway.

Chelsea signed him about 14 times in 2010, Madrid last summer.
Closed Thread