United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 14-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Default Half marathon in april - My training has gone shit.

How many people here have ran a half marathon before?

Im doing one in April, April 4th to be exact, and i am absolutely bricking it. I've done f*** all training so far this week, but i've got a 6mile sport relief run on Sunday. The most i've run without stops so far was 4.5 miles last week, at a tempo of about 6mph.

Thats shit training isn't it? Im never gonna be able to do 13 miles in 3 weeks time. Im going to look a prick.

Unread 14-03-2008, 07:54 AM
believe

I did half a marathon once and it was pretty easy. for training i started of with celebrations, a couple a day and within a couple of weeks i could eat half a marathon no problem.

Unread 14-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Oh dear. Pretty early isn't it? I'll forgive you, not sure about any of the other comedy legends on this board though.

Unread 14-03-2008, 07:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Oh dear. Pretty early isn't it? I'll forgive you, not sure about any of the other comedy legends on this board though.
i'm bored

Unread 14-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

Im doing one in April, April 4th to be exact, and i am absolutely bricking it. I've done f*** all training so far this week, but i've got a 6mile sport relief run on Sunday. The most i've run without stops so far was 4.5 miles last week, at a tempo of about 6mph.

Thats shit training isn't it? Im never gonna be able to do 13 miles in 3 weeks time. Im going to look a prick.
Confirmed.

Plenty of half marathons over the Summer though. Get off here and er....do a bit of running is my only "insight" at this stage.

Unread 14-03-2008, 08:07 AM
</forzagarza>

Just f*** it. At most it'll only be for your own personal achievement or charity so is it really worth it?

Unread 14-03-2008, 08:09 AM
johnplayer

Quote:
Im never gonna be able to do 13 miles in 3 weeks
That's 1.6153847 miles a day - you'll piss it

Unread 14-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Yes that is pretty shit. I did a half last March and you should have done about 8/10 miles by now...

Unread 14-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnplayer
That's 1.6153847 miles a day - you'll piss it

Unread 14-03-2008, 10:43 AM
quackhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I did half a marathon once and it was pretty easy. for training i started of with celebrations, a couple a day and within a couple of weeks i could eat half a marathon no problem.
I would laugh but I'm too busy snickering.
Closed Thread