United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Sancho is a unique case imo.

This is a kid who has total self belief and awareness. He told Pep to f*** off and went out to a new country because it was best for his development rather than hang around, win a few medals but only play 4/5/6/7 times.

It might be he'd relish the challenge of lifting the club back to where it belongs. Following the lineage of great wingers, great number 7s.

Maybe I'm stuck in sentiment but I still think United is still an attraction for the best. People cite Liverpool in the 90s but the game was very localised compared to the global glamour now.
Described Pogba there.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Dropping half a billion on the first team squad has given us this lot
Needs to be done properly. Not paying over the odds for shite but paying what’s required for the right players. In one window. 10-12 proper players in 8-10 out.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Dropping half a billion on the first team squad has given us this lot
Under 4 very different managers in 7 years

No wonder we’re left with this mess tbf.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Needs to be done properly. Not paying over the odds for shite but paying what’s required for the right players. In one window. 10-12 proper players in 8-10 out.
You're setting yourself for disappointment.

We only do one transfer at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Under 4 very different managers in 7 years

No wonder we’re left with this mess tbf.
I think we'll look back in a few years at Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood saving us £100m. They are special talents. Elsewhere we'd need to buy but I trust Ole in knowing how to build a team fit in United's image.

For example he's signed James from the championship because he fits a certain style of player and better snap him up early than wait for someone else to turn him into a 50m player. The lower leagues have thrown up Alli, Maddison, Brooks, Robertson and Harry Maguire in recent times. We missed out on those talents at the time. Maybe this is the plan Ole, Phelan and co want and I support it. Compliment that scouting with good established players around Europe too. It's closer to a winner than our big name brand approach.

Last edited by Buck; 22-09-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:52 PM
dunk

I know, hence the ‘not ever going to happen’ and ‘fold the club’..

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:54 PM
armchair

rice and sancho. at any cost

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Address the midfield and everything else will look better. We've got some excellent talent but the middle of the park is relegation fodder.

Shouldn't take more than £300m

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:59 PM
utd99

Next AGM

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
You're setting yourself for disappointment.

We only do one transfer at a time!

I think we'll look back in a few years at Tuanzebe, Gomes and Greenwood saving us £100m. They are special talents. Elsewhere we'd need to buy but I trust Ole in knowing how to build a team fit in United's image.

For example he's signed James from the championship because he fits a certain style of player and better snap him up early than wait for someone else to turn him into a 50m player. The lower leagues have thrown up Alli, Maddison, Brooks, Robertson and Harry Maguire in recent times. We missed out on those talents at the time. Maybe this is the plan Ole, Phelan and co want and I support it. Compliment that scouting with good established players around Europe too. It's closer to a winner than our big name brand approach.
I’d be all for us looking in the championship for the next Dan James tbh. I just worry that it won’t be marquee enough for Woodward as a long term strategy.

No clue how he’s doing this season but Bowen at Hull was supposed to be a very talented player last season?

I agree that all three of those kids are talented, but the worry is playing them regularly in this side will stunt their growth? We’ve seen it happen in the last few years with Depay, Januzaj and Will Keane and this side is worse than the sides those three played in.

Last edited by AK14; 22-09-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d be all for us looking in the championship for the next Dan James tbh. I just worry that it won’t be marquee enough for Woodward as a long term strategy.

No clue how he’s doing this season but Bowen at Hull was supposed to be a very talented player last season?
Which surely goes against the £90m limit we are being told about, no?