United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 11:24 AM
dunk

The budget and spending constraints are strangling the club. Can see all of the recent managers presenting lists of transfer targets, the board contacting options 1-6 or 7 or something daft, being quoted the price and who else is interested, comparing it with what they have budgeted to spend and moving on to the next one, until finding a player the club isn't against selling that nobody else is actively negotiating for and then our clowns negotiating their way out of a deal due to wanting to spread the payments over 16 years.. eventually leading to them having to pay way over the odds on players nobody wanted on the selling clubs terms.

They need to spend this entire season identifying 5-6 players to be bought in Jan/July and beginning the task of getting the deals done come what may, then also identifying the next 10 potential signings for the following 2/3 windows and even starting to make contact now.

It's not ever going to happen with the current owners. Can honestly see a situation in which Pogba and 1 or 3 others leave next summer and the quality dips even further

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Another issue would be any player with ambition wanting to come here.

Call me a city fan (and most will ) but why would anyone who wants to win stuff join united, seriously. We are so far away from competing that it would be three or four top players to take a huge gamble in their career to come here.

£#%&!ing shocked that DDG re signed poor bastard wont win another thing before he hangs up his gloves.

Sad but true!
Some players will see joining city as the "easy option" - imagine the kudos you could get as one of the people who revived United's fortunes?

So no, that's not it - or certainly not on its own. At least as much down to how abysmally run we are IMO.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If I was a top player I wouldn't be even entertaining the idea of going to Utd no matter how much they offered or what they promised in terms of future signings
Well then you wouldn’t be what I’d consider a top player then. Probably best we swerve the type of person you’re suggesting altogether.

Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with the biggest following and magnificent history. We happen to be on our arse at the moment, but for someone with true ambition, what better place to go and moment to do it if you dream of becoming a true legend?

The money don’t suck either...

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well then you wouldn’t be what I’d consider a top player then. Probably best we swerve the type of person you’re suggesting altogether.

Man Utd are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with the biggest following and magnificent history. We happen to be on our arse at the moment, but for someone with true ambition, what better place to go and moment to do it if you dream of becoming a true legend?

Think you forget the type of players that are around nowadays. They are all about quick easy winning and brand, in the main. Very few leaders or legends in the modern game

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:16 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Think you forget the type of players that are around nowadays. They are all about quick easy winning and brand, in the main. Very few leaders or legends in the modern game
Also we are currently in a similar predicament to Liverpool in the 90s. Some young players coming through now will not see us as the dominant force in English football we once were. And it’s all our own fault.

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:20 PM
ScarFace

We need new owners who flush out the entire club. We're rotten.

Hopefully ww3 happens soon and levels the place.

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:25 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
We need new owners who flush out the entire club. We're rotten.

Hopefully ww3 happens soon and levels the place.
All jokes aside I think new owners is the only option.

Unread 23-09-2019, 07:35 PM
saayfooty

Buying players is often over emphasized.

The way we play is £#%&!ed up. That is more important to fix than buying players.

We need players in every position IMO. The dire areas are central midfield and the right wing.

Is Ole getting the best out of the players he has/had? Not at the moment. That's down to him. He can change it. Hopefully he does.

Also, he wanted to sell/release players without replacing them which was unwise. The board aren't as stringent as people believe.

We were linked with McGinn and Longstaff. Their teams wanted £50 mil lol Would people have approved of those signings?

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:29 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Give the £#%&! over
Yes we are one of the biggest clubs in the world but so are a bunch of other clubs all who could offer a much better chance of being successful as a team and improving as a player

Utd is a graveyard for players at the moment because we don’t have a clue what we are doing
I’m sure a player would be excited about being part of a resurgent Utd like what’s happened at Liverpool but you have to see signs of that happening
We need to show signs of progress on the pitch before we start becoming a really attractive proposition again

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Give the £#%&! over
Yes we are one of the biggest clubs in the world but so are a bunch of other clubs all who could offer a much better chance of being successful as a team and improving as a player

Utd is a graveyard for players at the moment because we don’t have a clue what we are doing
I’m sure a player would be excited about being part of a resurgent Utd like what’s happened at Liverpool but you have to see signs of that happening
We need to show signs of progress on the pitch before we start becoming a really attractive proposition again
So they should probably dodge Real Madrid and Bayern as well then.

I get that we're shit right now, but this self hatred from our support is £#%&!ing pathetic tbh. Who needs an ABU when we have you lot?

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I get that we're shit right now, but this self hatred from our support is £#%&!ing pathetic tbh. Who needs an ABU when we have you lot?
What are you talking about
Bayern have won the last god knows how many German league titles and make easy work of getting to the CL knockout stages
Yeah they’re not what they were and have a shit manager but you’re seriously not comparing they’re situation to the cluster £#%&! we are at the moment

As for Madrid, well they’re Real £#%&!ing Madrid who prior to last season won 3 straight CLs
Come on

It’s nothing to do with self hatred, it’s just the reality of our situation
Since Ole was appointed permanent manager we’ve been in relegation form
A bit different to the situation Real and Bayern find themselves in

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:46 PM
AK14

Quote:

Madrid and Bayern qualify for the champions league every single season and that’s unlikely to change. Sad as it is but that’s important the players these days.

They see CL as the super bowl of the game and I expect signing for United who are in the Europa is a little off putting to these types of players.

It’s maybe why the strategy of signing players from clubs below us is the way to go. There’s quite a few players at Leicester, West Ham etc that’s is fake here tbh.

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:47 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
but he's still at the wheel right

Unread 23-09-2019, 08:56 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
but he's still at the wheel right
Not since Sanchez went...

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:19 PM
utd99

Quote:
What are you talking about
Bayern have won the last god knows how many German league titles and make easy work of getting to the CL knockout stages
Yeah they’re not what they were and have a shit manager but you’re seriously not comparing they’re situation to the cluster £#%&! we are at the moment

As for Madrid, well they’re Real £#%&!ing Madrid who prior to last season won 3 straight CLs
Come on

It’s nothing to do with self hatred, it’s just the reality of our situation
A bit different to the situation Real and Bayern find themselves in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Madrid and Bayern qualify for the champions league every single season and that’s unlikely to change. Sad as it is but that’s important the players these days.

They see CL as the super bowl of the game and I expect signing for United who are in the Europa is a little off putting to these types of players.

It’s maybe why the strategy of signing players from clubs below us is the way to go. There’s quite a few players at Leicester, West Ham etc that’s is fake here tbh.
I guess we're just getting £#%&!ing fed up with so called reds falling over themselves trying to give the most extreme example of how toss we are. We get it, football goes in cycles and we're in a shit one, but to suggest no young players come here because of it is insulting to the £#%&!ing club.

We're still Man Utd, not £#%&!ing Wolves, and any player who is thick enough not to be able to differentiate just because of a few years of bad results probably isn't for us anyway. Every single top club in the world can point to a few years where they were where we are now. Nothing is permanent.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I guess we're just getting £#%&!ing fed up with so called reds falling over themselves trying to give the most extreme example of how toss we are. We get it, football goes in cycles and we're in a shit one, but to suggest no young players come here because of it is insulting to the £#%&!ing club.

We're still Man Utd, not £#%&!ing Wolves, and any player who is thick enough not to be able to differentiate just because of a few years of bad results probably isn't for us anyway. Every single top club in the world can point to a few years where they were where we are now. Nothing is permanent.
Who said young player
I said top players who have options of signing for other big clubs

Not talking about Wan-Bissaka or Harry Maguire’s of this world who would still see it as a great opportunity to sign for Utd

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:28 PM
My Name is Heath

I think we are 2 signings away from a Top 4 challenge.

If we had - not these new signings but their non Mexican equivalents - we'd be top 4.

Daveed the Hair

Juan Bissaka
Malfoy Stooge
Thor
CHILWELL

Garner
The Scottish Player
Pogba

MOURA/SON
Martial
James

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I think we are 2 signings away from a Top 4 challenge.

If we had - not these new signings but their non Mexican equivalents - we'd be top 4.

Daveed the Hair

Juan Bissaka
Malfoy Stooge
Thor
CHILWELL

Garner
The Scottish Player
Pogba

MOURA/SON
Martial
James
Hold on, that can’t be right. No place for the ‘future of the club’ [SIZE="1"]TM?

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Son is probably the most underrated player in world football.

Criminally World class

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Son is probably the most underrated player in world football.

Criminally World class
Very very good player. They can be found it seems.
Closed Thread