United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:29 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
One of the rare opportunities I get to assert my 'head of the house' position these days. A shriek, a screech, the ear piercing scream of my name and I know it's time for me to spring into action, show my manliness and go to whatever room of the house to remove the spider from the midst. "Let me through, I fear no UK based spider" is the attitude, as I march in, grab the beast and thrown it over the fence down the bottom of the garden.

Heard a bloke on the telly say that you should put them in a jar and drive them AT LEAST a mile away from your house, and release them into a hedge. The mental.
probably a good excuse to go to the pub tbf

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
One of the rare opportunities I get to assert my 'head of the house' position these days. A shriek, a screech, the ear piercing scream of my name and I know it's time for me to spring into action, show my manliness and go to whatever room of the house to remove the spider from the midst. "Let me through, I fear no UK based spider" is the attitude, as I march in, grab the beast and thrown it over the fence down the bottom of the garden.

Heard a bloke on the telly say that you should put them in a jar and drive them AT LEAST a mile away from your house, and release them into a hedge. The mental.

He's right, if you simply put them at the end of your garden the little buggers will be back inside your house before you are... have you seen how fast they can run...?

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Canít they go in the garage? Iím not going outside gathering spiders and bringing them in like some nut case.
Hopefully yes.

Iím just saying donít put them outside if you can help it.

Itís getting too cold now.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:34 AM
believe

Havenít seen one in years, think the geckos are top of that tree here.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:35 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Hopefully yes.

Iím just saying donít put them outside if you can help it.

Itís getting too cold now.
they go in the garden or they are vacuumed. up to them.

Unread 20-09-2019, 09:37 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He's right, if you simply put them at the end of your garden the little buggers will be back inside your house before you are... have you seen how fast they can run...?
That's why I thrown them over the fence. If they want in before the back door closes, they're really gonna have to work for it.

Plus, if they do get in, I get to be of some value to my family again. it's the little things...