United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 18-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Two glaring examples of how a state education results in underdeveloped critical thinking skills.
Imagine going school with them two.....

Unread 18-09-2019, 09:23 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Great fillum.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Imagine going school with them two.....
Oh no, just imagine not accepting and believing things just because you've been programmed too, it must be terrible that........

Last edited by TripDownMiseryLane; 18-09-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Unread 18-09-2019, 09:46 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
You shouldn't have to, state schools should be good enough that you don't have to pay more for schooling. It also keeps the class divisions in the country going by separating kids by wealth.
But is it right that parents aren't allowed to pay for their kids education if they want to?

Unread 18-09-2019, 10:01 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
What's wrong with giving your children the best education if you can afford it ?
Youíve changed your tune

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=18

Unread 18-09-2019, 10:10 PM
jem

there's a lot of ignorant people talking balls on this thread.

if you don't like c***s from eton (anyone who went to eton), don't vote for them.

Unread 19-09-2019, 08:35 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
True. But the tribe will turn a blind eye to the hypocrisy of their own while moaning about tory public schoolboys.

Labour are just the shit posh people.
You know you're in a tribe too don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
But is it right that parents aren't allowed to pay for their kids education if they want to?
For something as fundamental as education, there should be no system where by you can pay to get a better outcome. You'er happy to condemn thousands of children to an immediate detriment to their future prospects because their parents didn't have any money, no matter what the potential those children have. It is detrimental not just to the children but also to the country itself. Having the people in charge of everything all come from the same sort of background is a terrible way to tun any kind of organisation, never mind a whole bloody country.

Unread 19-09-2019, 09:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Your link doesn't support what you're trying to say.

Please try again...

Unread 19-09-2019, 02:47 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Did you go to one?
Did he f***. He was born a c***.

Unread 19-09-2019, 03:49 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Did he f***. He was born a c***.
I wasnít

I became a c*** in May 1979 when thatcher got elected

Itís her fault

Unread 19-09-2019, 06:31 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I wasnít

I became a c*** in May 1979 when thatcher got elected

Itís her fault
That aside, I see no problem with private schools. Itís public schools and that side of it that I have a problem with. A lot of schools run assisted places schemes for parents that choose to make that sacrifice for their kids rather than it being a status symbol.