Might have to get it if true
Have done with previous partner clubs

Unread 03-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Seriously?

Might have to get it if true
As Goth has pointed out, they have done previously. The classic players are always awesome as well, look and play like their real life counterparts. You have to win them through 'myclub' (or at least you have had to in the past), but they are generally a bit more generous with freebies than Fifa are, especially if you get one of the pre-order editions. Once you win them, you can export them so you can use them in single player as well.

They have made it easier to install option files as well to make the game look licensed, and I know one of the PES Universe patches somehow unlocked all of the classic players and included them in one of their option files. I don't know how they did it, but it was well received considering I don't really play any myclub, so I never unlocked any of the classic players myself other than my freebie (Oliver Kahn if irc). Classic Scholes and Beckham in Master League

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Have done with previous partner clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
As Goth has pointed out, they have done previously. The classic players are always awesome as well, look and play like their real life counterparts. You have to win them through 'myclub' (or at least you have had to in the past), but they are generally a bit more generous with freebies than Fifa are, especially if you get one of the pre-order editions. Once you win them, you can export them so you can use them in single player as well.

They have made it easier to install option files as well to make the game look licensed, and I know one of the PES Universe patches somehow unlocked all of the classic players and included them in one of their option files. I don't know how they did it, but it was well received considering I don't really play any myclub, so I never unlocked any of the classic players myself other than my freebie (Oliver Kahn if irc). Classic Scholes and Beckham in Master League

Iím in!

Edit- Just noticed Jim Beglin is the commentator...

Iím out!

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Iím in!

Edit- Just noticed Jim Beglin is the commentator...

Iím out!
I'm sure the developers use google to translate the Japanese commentary lines into English, and then just make the commentary team read that without letting them correct it so it makes sense. Some of the shit they come out with is just plain bizarre.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
TheFatGoth

BTW, PES 2019 is free on PS plus this month if anyone wants to get some training in

Edit. Actually it's been pulled

Last edited by TheFatGoth; 03-07-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
BTW, PES 2019 is free on PS plus this month if anyone wants to get some training in

Edit. Actually it's been pulled
I read that there had been a backlash by 'gamers' about it being the free game

No idea why, as it seemed like a top choice to be honest. Maybe EA had a word, worried about some of the player base they have been losing being able to pick up their main competitor for free.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM
messhead

Quote:

No idea why, as it seemed like a top choice to be honest. Maybe EA had a word, worried about some of the player base they have been losing being able to pick up their main competitor for free.
That's the problem though, EA aren't losing any of their player base. For every player that moves on the younger generations just keep lapping it up. I'm convinced FIFA is what keeps them going because in recent years they've f***ed up with most of their other franchises.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:24 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Most likely. They're probably behind a lot of the "Man United fans react badly to game trailer" articles making the rounds today as well.

I'm actually amazed PES is still going tbh, because some of EA's practices are absolutely ruthless.

Remember the 90's when there were dozens of footy games.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:27 AM
messhead

Quote:
Most likely. They're probably behind a lot of the "Man United fans react badly to game trailer" articles making the rounds today as well.

I'm actually amazed PES is still going tbh, because some of EA's practices are absolutely ruthless.

Remember the 90's when there were dozens of footy games.
Did anyone ever player David Beckham Soccer? Used to be able to kick the ball up the flank, run up leaving the oppo team behind and cut in for an easy goal. Did that for hours and never got bored.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Did anyone ever player David Beckham Soccer? Used to be able to kick the ball up the flank, run up leaving the oppo team behind and cut in for an easy goal. Did that for hours and never got bored.
Vaguely remember it, don't think I ever played it though, is it the one where he had dead eyes, and was the only player with a scanned face?

This is Football always had potential, it's a shame it died.

Quote:
It's on the rise now as well, making money hand over fist with Myclub and it looks like they are reinvesting it every year with more licenses, fair play.

Crying out for another football game franchise though. Just needs a rich publisher to catch on and realise how much money there is to be made with a good football game with licenses. Or a really indepth edit mode (looking at you 2K).