United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 19-09-2019, 12:09 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 22-09-2019, 08:32 AM
shenwen

Watch the second video first. Old dude and his pal waving bottles and chasing protesters.

Then watch first when the mob turns. Ouch. Never condone violence etc. but that last hit on the head was quality slapstick.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:44 AM
armchair

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:16 PM
shenwen

My first taste of tear gas today
I was only out on my bike ffs.

https://srv-file2.gofile.io/download...0B858CB4B5.MOV

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:20 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

Whatís it like there atm?

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:04 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
Whatís it like there atm?
Todayís a public holiday - 70th anniversary of foundation of China - so been especially mental. See video above. That was me out on the local bike path. Families and kids nearby. Have another of a big battle on a river bridge. Tear gas flying aots.

I think the school kid getting shot will make it a lot worse. Most of the MTR train system has been down all day. Most shopping malls closed today (end of days for HK). I get the feeling that some kind of weekend curfew will be set up soon.

Police have totally lost the plot. I had some goon in armour screaming at me for f*** all. I told him to stop shouting and he told me to f*** my mother. Load sod locals - older folk - out on the streets near me right now yelling at police. No f***s given. In four months the HK police has totally lost legitimacy among residents.

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:07 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post

Not authorised to download video

Unread 01-10-2019, 02:25 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
Not authorised to download video
Yeah, donít know to upload from phone. Basically me on my bike filming some protests and then a volley of tear gas comes firing down a few feet away from me and I shit it and pedal off.

Unread 02-10-2019, 05:57 AM
rubbernecker

TBF if there was a gang beating a lone policeman with iron bars and hammers the whole lot would have been shot if this occurred in the US

It seems that some of these protesters are getting a bit handy with beating up old people ,shops and Metro Stations that disagree with them

Last edited by rubbernecker; 02-10-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Unread 02-10-2019, 08:06 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker View Post
https://twitter.com/ezracheungtoto/s...18900278632448

TBF if there was a gang beating a lone policeman with iron bars and hammers the whole lot would have been shot if this occurred in the US

It seems that some of these protesters are getting a bit handy with beating up old people ,shops and Metro Stations that disagree with them
Except HK isn't the USA, and it wasn't a lone policeman. Apart from that, spot on.

As for the second paragraph, again badly informed opinion. The level of violence between protesters and police/triads/pro-China goons is heavily weighted toward the latter group. Very surprised to see you regurgitating the CCP narrative.

I'm not denying (very) isolated examples of violence from the protester side, but for every example you give me, I'll give you three from the other side. Given the amount of protests over the past four months, the number of people involved, and the aggressive behavior of the police (I saw it first hand yesterday), I would say this is one of the most restrained "violent" protests in history.