United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 09-05-2019, 06:46 AM
waynes ear's

And peas

Unread 09-05-2019, 07:53 AM
messhead

Hope this means they start putting effort into the non-online aspect of Fifa. It's been shit for years now.

Unread 09-05-2019, 08:32 AM
waynes ear's

anyone who thinks a football game needs a story mode needs a kick in the brain

Unread 09-05-2019, 08:34 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
anyone who thinks a football game needs a story mode needs a kick in the brain
Don't even get me started on that shit. Just a career mode where I don't end up in a title race with f***ing Everton or burnley will do.

Unread 09-05-2019, 09:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Don't even get me started on that shit. Just a career mode where I don't end up in a title race with f***ing Everton or burnley will do.

First year I've not bought FIFA since about 12/13 I reckon. Just utterly sick of the rubber band AI on legendary.

I still end up winning the vast majority of games, but just wish they'd find a way to make the game 'harder' than a championship level defender running Ronaldo off the ball or whatever

Was going to get PES but someone on here said it's the same?

Bring back ISS 64 ffs

Unread 09-05-2019, 10:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead

Gave up on FIFA a couple of years ago. PES, while far from without flaw, is a much more fulfilling game to play.

Unread 09-05-2019, 10:17 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

First year I've not bought FIFA since about 12/13 I reckon. Just utterly sick of the rubber band AI on legendary.

I still end up winning the vast majority of games, but just wish they'd find a way to make the game 'harder' than a championship level defender running Ronaldo off the ball or whatever

Was going to get PES but someone on here said it's the same?

Bring back ISS 64 ffs
I have a friend who's big into coding, programming and the like and he reckons it would be a simple fix in regards to FIFA. Every team has a default formation that the AI will then fit players into, but sometimes a players preferred position will not perfectly match anything in said formation; so if Barca are set up as a 4-2-3-1 the wingers will be LM/RM instead of LW/RW . So the AI, in its infinite wisdom, will opts to play some random reserve right midfielder rather than Messi simply because his position is listed as RW. But of course EA have been far too busy with ultimate team to bother fixing any of the things that make it a godawful game if you're not into playing scripted online matches against screaming 12 year olds.

Unread 09-05-2019, 10:23 AM
AK14

Pisses me off that you STILL canít edit players to play LW,RW or CM.

Last one I played properly had Martial as LM but canít change it to LW?

Unread 09-05-2019, 10:29 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Pisses me off that you STILL canít edit players to play LW,RW or CM.

Last one I played properly had Martial as LM but canít change it to LW?
Sounds about right. I remember playing us during a Dortmund career and we were starting Ashley Young in a CL quarter final.

Have heard good things about PES, but always been a bit put off by the downloading teams thing. Not sure how it works but might give it a look, I miss playing football games.

Unread 09-05-2019, 05:10 PM
red in cumbria

Thread title did get my hopes up a bit tbh.