United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:02 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
In 2003, Sports Interactive split with Eidos, the publishers of Championship Manager.[3] Sports Interactive retained the game's database and match engine, producing a new game based on these titled Football Manager.

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'm lost mate. I used to play championship manager for hours back in the 90s.

Used to love watching the games in fast forward text waiting for the flashing GOAL to come up

Won the european cup 4 times with man utd i did

IIRC

The Championship Manager name was bought out by EA, so the original development team continuted releasing games under the Football Manager name.

EA released a few Championship Manager titles but once they realised that they couldn't fool people into thinking a game was good on name alone, they gave up.

Still, I prefer the old days when footy games were plentiful and there was a lot more choice.

EDIT - See Ears' post - Eidos not EA

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM
puressence

Quote:

Used to love watching the games in fast forward text waiting for the flashing GOAL to come up

closest youve ever been to seeing it live

ps ... swos the was the best player manager format

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Buck

Almost a decade old but worth a read. Back when you could complete a season in an hour or two.

http://www.runofplay.com/category/vercelli/

Unread 02-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

loved champ manager mid 90s.

Got one around 1996 or 7 for Christmas. Was buzzing all morning.

Only for my uncle to drop by to wish happy christmas and take the piss out of me and the game.
what a load of shit this stupid game is. pretending to sign players.

He wrote down schmeichel on a piece of paper and handed it to me. Look, you've just signed schmeichel. Of course he misspelled schmeichel. he over reached.

I had the last laugh though as not long after that his wife left him and he lost all access to his children.

Unread 02-11-2018, 02:37 PM
waynes ear's

f*** him

Unread 02-11-2018, 02:57 PM
dragflick

Quote:

That was the best one, closely followed by 01/02. Javier Saviola and Ibrahima Bakayoko

Unread 02-11-2018, 03:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

That was the best one, closely followed by 01/02. Javier Saviola and Ibrahima Bakayoko
Tommy svindel larsson

Unread 02-11-2018, 05:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
lad

Unread 02-11-2018, 06:48 PM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Big Tommy svin larson

Was obsessed with this from cm on a floppy disk. Uwe Rossler was f***in mint on that one.

summer of 97 was a hot one. Some mates were wasting it in fields getting to grips with girls from the year above getting more than fingers and there I was setting a fan up next to the monitor to play it from morning till night listening to be here now on full blast

John Curtis was mega and bojan djordic always went on to win European footballer if played just behind the striker making the dotted runs forward. Nicolas Alexander's on could play anywhere and was an utter worldy ()

Youth is wasted on the young