United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 15-05-2018, 05:08 PM
TheKitchenSink

Not sure anybody else on here even has a Rift/Vive, but you can get the PC version of Skyrim VR for 22.39 at the moment from here https://www.greenmangaming.com/games...-skyrim-vr-pc/ using the code GMGBDAY

Supposed to be decent.

Unread 14-01-2019, 10:04 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Nevermind f***ing Wipeout above, I bought Astrobot Rescue Mission today. Now THAT is the future of gaming. Absolutely mind blowing, immersive, fun and utterly charming experience. It shits all over anything I've ever played in Mario's world. Worth the price of PSVR alone even if you never were to buy anything else for it.

No point posting pics or vids, you just have to play it

Was my GOTY

Haven't smiled so much playing a video game since Mario 64

Hopefully they announce a DLC for it

Unread 14-01-2019, 03:59 PM
plopborsky

I played the demo it was refreshing and at least I did not feel like was going to puke

Unread 14-01-2019, 04:18 PM
TheKitchenSink

AstroBot is awesome, worth the wait for those of us who wanted a Robot Rescue full game.

Moss another very good platformer with a lot of originality.

Unread 14-01-2019, 04:54 PM
atticusgrinch

Got one for Christmas. Started Resident Evil. Satisfactorily spooky.

Unread 05-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Nintendo's...ahem, cardboard Labo VR goggles

I don't know what they're like but a free update is being released on the 25th of this month to play a few extra levels of Mario Odyssey in vr.

The biggie however is that Breath of The Wild is also receiving an update allowing the whole game to be played in vr. If they can somehow pull that off even to a credible degree it'll be absolutely jaw dropping
Ordered.

...for my eldest, obviously...

Unread 05-04-2019, 09:57 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Nintendo's...ahem, cardboard Labo VR goggles

I don't know what they're like but a free update is being released on the 25th of this month to play a few extra levels of Mario Odyssey in vr.

The biggie however is that Breath of The Wild is also receiving an update allowing the whole game to be played in vr. If they can somehow pull that off even to a credible degree it'll be absolutely jaw dropping
I'd wait until first impression before ordering that
Can't imagine that Labo thing with the switch is powerful enough to give actual 360 degree VR

PSVR looks like it's going to have a great year with Blood & Truth coming out end of May and Iron May VR (which hands on impressions say is great) coming out sometime this year

Also No Man's Sky is getting full VR support which is something I've always wanted for that game
Can't think of a game better suited to VR

Unread 05-04-2019, 12:30 PM
TheKitchenSink

Am guessing No Man's Sky will be similar to Elite in VR - with Elite being one of my favourite VR experiences.

That Lobo stuff looks awful, although from what I read it's as much about building the goggles as it is actually using them. Either way I'm reluctant to even call it VR.