United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
That PSG game has cursed us.

Love Ole but he’s a bobble head to Woodward and the Glazers. I haven’t been impressed by one thing he’s said. He had the feel good factor after Mourinho was sacked.. not it’s worn off.

It was evident from hearing Mourinho speak in the studio that he has more of a footballing brain than most managers out there. This notion of giving Solskjaer time is a kid of %@#$&!s, it’s giving the board and Woodward time.

We’re Manchester United, we should be serious about competing for everything including against shit heaps like West Ham. By saying that it’s a project or a process instantly shows that we don’t have that intent to win. Under Mourinho we were in the champions league, that should be a minimum requirement for any manager. Sorry Ole.

truth nuke right there

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:33 PM
utd99

Quote:
That PSG game has cursed us.

Love Ole but he’s a bobble head to Woodward and the Glazers. I haven’t been impressed by one thing he’s said. He had the feel good factor after Mourinho was sacked.. not it’s worn off.

It was evident from hearing Mourinho speak in the studio that he has more of a footballing brain than most managers out there. This notion of giving Solskjaer time is a kid of %@#$&!s, it’s giving the board and Woodward time.

We’re Manchester United, we should be serious about competing for everything including against shit heaps like West Ham. By saying that it’s a project or a process instantly shows that we don’t have that intent to win. Under Mourinho we were in the champions league, that should be a minimum requirement for any manager. Sorry Ole.
He could be a walking football wikipedia, but if he can’t relate to players -players he bought - then what good does it do? Mourinho’s game plan was to keep buying players until he had eleven fit for purpose, even if that meant going through a hundred of the £#%&!ers.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe if the club had got the players he wanted in 2018 instead of £#%&!ing him over?

Just a thought.
Maybe what? Genuine question. He could have us in a title race or could have us looking more competive than we are? The latter, fair enough; the former? Doubtful. Mourinho wasn’t necessarily the cause of all our problems but there weren’t too many indications he was the solution either. He wasn’t getting a reaction from any of the players.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:47 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He could be a walking football wikipedia, but if he can’t relate to players -players he bought - then what good does it do? Mourinho’s game plan was to keep buying players until he had eleven fit for purpose, even if that meant going through a hundred of the £#%&!ers.
Hence the need for a director of football. Not someone to tell him what he wants but to direct and advise.

Imagine if we signed Maguire last season. We’re being reactive instead of proactive like we’ll run clubs.. next season we’ll probably bring in a midfielder after struggling all season.

Ole lost me after his first press conference when he said he was happy with his squad.

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:34 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Get £#%&!ed.

Any full and frank apology should be from that awful @#%&! and all involved to LvG. Should’ve been left alone to do his thing
His thing was finishing 5th and getting knocked out of the Europa by the dippers though.

And that was pre Pep and Klopp had barely got his feet under the table...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Maybe what? Genuine question. He could have us in a title race or could have us looking more competive than we are? The latter, fair enough; the former? Doubtful. Mourinho wasn’t necessarily the cause of all our problems but there weren’t too many indications he was the solution either. He wasn’t getting a reaction from any of the players.
Apart from 2 trophies and the highest league finish since 2013, and qualifying for the CL in both seasons there weren't too many indications no.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Apart from 2 trophies and the highest league finish since 2013, and qualifying for the CL in both seasons there weren't too many indications no.
Also the lowest tbf. And was nailed on for an even lower one all because he didn't get Harry Maguire etc.

United didn't look a good side throughout Mou's tenure. Maybe that would have improved but he tends to peak in the second season.

Unread 22-09-2019, 09:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also the lowest tbf. And was nailed on for an even lower one all because he didn't get Harry Maguire etc.

United didn't look a good side throughout Mou's tenure. Maybe that would have improved but he tends to peak in the second season.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:01 PM
Buck

Given his assessment on Lindelof it makes you wonder why he bought him.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:03 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
he bought him because zlat said he should.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He's a toxic £#%&!ing @#%&! that will spout anything for clicks...

I wouldn't take 60% of the shit he talks seriously...

Step back from the internet.....people attacking Rio in his car, asking if Woodward is briefing the press, tweets, status updates.
It's not real.

Lock in with Ole, it's a full season of this....

But when it clicks......oh.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Cream

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Nothing wrong with what he said tbf.

Said Linders is very very good in certain aspects but not the best in air (he misses a header when Mou says this ) and Maguire’s strengths would compliment him.

Just people trying to bash Mourinho for nothing again, IMO.

Unread 22-09-2019, 10:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Nothing wrong with what he said tbf.

Said Linders is very very good in certain aspects but not the best in air (he misses a header when Mou says this ) and Maguire’s strengths would compliment him.

Just people trying to bash Mourinho for nothing again, IMO.
He’s not simply “not the best” in the air, he’s £#%&!ing terrible.

And Mourinho bought him, didn’t play him, then whined about his centre backs.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
He’s not simply “not the best” in the air, he’s £#%&!ing terrible.

And Mourinho bought him, didn’t play him, then whined about his centre backs.
He struggled to adapt in his first season, no biggy because many players have. Then started him regularly in his second season and he was one of our better performers under Mou before he was sacked...

He’s not the best in the air but he’s not terrible and centre back is all about a partnership. Probably why he wanted Maguire to partner Linders.

Love how people with a Mou agenda re write history, It’s strange...

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
He struggled to adapt in his first season, no biggy because many players have. Then started him regularly in his second season and he was one of our better performers under Mou before he was sacked...

He’s not the best in the air but he’s not terrible and centre back is all about a partnership. Probably why he wanted Maguire to partner Linders.

I don’t have a Mou agenda, I wanted him in. I’m just honest about the job he did, same as van Gaal. He bought Lindelof and Bailly, neither were the answer. He had 4 other centre backs and couldn’t get a tune out of any of them. I don’t want that to have been the case, it just was.

Sooner or later a manager has to be responsible for his role in the mess.

Unread 23-09-2019, 12:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He didn't want Perisic last year, he did Maguire though.
Says who?

Quote:
Ole lost me after his first press conference when he said he was happy with his squad.
Grow the £#%&! up.

Unread 23-09-2019, 05:11 AM
jem

Quote:
mostly people rewriting history to demonstrate he wasn't an absolute whining @#%&! of a failure whose teams play shit, unwatchable football.

Unread 23-09-2019, 09:40 AM
AK14

Quote:
I don’t have a Mou agenda, I wanted him in. I’m just honest about the job he did, same as van Gaal. He bought Lindelof and Bailly, neither were the answer. He had 4 other centre backs and couldn’t get a tune out of any of them. I don’t want that to have been the case, it just was.

Managers make mistakes?

Even Klopp and Guardiola made them early on but were allowed to rectify their mistakes because they had the full backing of their boards. Something none of our last 4 managers have had.

Bailly started well, but injuries have ruined him here. Not sure how that’s on Mourinho and Lindelof has been one of our better players over the last 12 months. The others have been told they’re unwanted under Ole too...

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:00 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

The guy had the cheek yesterday to talk about how Lindelof wasn't great in the air and could be bullied
You £#%&!ing bought him
Closed Thread