United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersexchipsgravy
Education is a human right not a privilege.

f*** Eton.
How are private schools at odds with the notion of education as a human right?

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Education is a human right not a privilege.

f*** Eton.
Two of our last three PM's are Old Etonians.

They're both shit.

Now I know that correlation doesn't always equal causation, but......

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:20 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Its a resolution passed on a show of hands - I can "exclusively" reveal that abolishing private schools won't be in the next Labour manifesto.

What quite likely will be, though, is removing their charitable status and other privileges - something that has repeatedly got strong support in polls.
Well there’s been a fair few ‘state to intervene and buy up situations it doesn’t like’ ideas being excreted by labour in recent months. We had the town centre shops thing and now this. At the very least, it points to a direction of travel driven by a membership that seems consumed with stupid ideas and a leadership seemingly democratically keen to entertain them.

It’s a bad look to the majority outside the cult though and the leadership should be saying as much.

Totally agree that private education should be taxed more with the taxes generated directly going to improve our worst performing state schools. Leave it at that ffs.

Unread 22-09-2019, 11:56 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
How are private schools at odds with the notion of education as a human right?
Pay money get better education and job prospects. Some companies and political parties will only take people on that have been privately educated. Support this and you are a MASSIVE c***.

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Switching Off

Looking forward to Friday's off

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:43 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Pay money get better education and job prospects. Some companies and political parties will only take people on that have been privately educated. Support this and you are a MASSIVE c***.
Which political parties only take privately educated people?

Unread 23-09-2019, 01:45 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Looking forward to Friday's off
Wondering what else they might come up with.

DOUBLE PAY FOR EVERYONE

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:02 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Wondering what else they might come up with.

DOUBLE PAY FOR EVERYONE
Where I work we don't work Fridays, on a 37 hour, 4 day week. FTSE 100 listed, successful firm. Shock horror we also get increased pay rate for overtime. But yeah, could never work that

It makes me laugh; someone comes along to make ordinary people's lives better and their first response is to dismiss it, usually because someone higher up the tree might have to get a slight cut in their million pound bonus to pay for it. f***ing crackers, we'd still be sending kids up chimneys if our ancestors thought like that.

Last edited by TravellingRed; 23-09-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:04 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Where I work we don't work Fridays, on a 37 hour, 4 day week. FTSE 100 listed, successful firm. Shock horror we also get increased pay rate for overtime. But yeah, could never work that
lots of places work that way. however, to say its suitable for all businesses is just not right is it.

Unread 23-09-2019, 02:06 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
lots of places work that way. however, to say its suitable for all businesses is just not right is it.
You make it work.