Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Unread 21-09-2019, 11:55 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Kung Fu Hustle: 9/10

Even better than i remembered it.

https://youtu.be/-m3IB7N_PRk
Love Steven Chow and think I might give Shoalin Soccer another watch over the weekend

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Jethro

Rambo: Last Blood - It is what it is. I don't see the fuss at all. It's a Rambo film in 2019. That being said the first hour is pretty tedious but my god does it up the ante for the final act. Worth it for that alone.

Savage Harbour - One of Frank Stallone's many b-movie leading roles this time with Chris Mitchum (son of Robert). There is about 20 minutes of plot crammed into a 90 minute film. An offshore sailor returns home and falls in love with an ex prostitute. Things go sour and he has to track down her old pimp.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:32 AM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
First Blood

Had only ever seen the motorbike chase and the gas station parts before. Came out after rocky 3 but seems far older. It's more like a 70s movie.

Enjoyable. Funny to see a young david caruso.

Going to see how much of the series I can get through before Rambo: Last Blood.
I don't know if you remember my classic thread from 2008: First Blood, Rambo, Rambo 3, Rambo

Well the title of this latest one has f***ed me off even more. So now the series goes...

First Blood, Rambo, Rambo 3, Rambo, Rambo.

Absolute piss taker.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:34 AM
AK14

Aladdin

Really enjoyed it

A proper Sunday night family movie.

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:38 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Aladdin

Really enjoyed it

A proper Sunday night family movie.
Bet that's not the first time you've had Alad in, on sunday night...

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 23-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 24-09-2019, 08:33 AM
Big Norm

Toy Story 4 - Was apprehensive about this as I consider the first 3 to be masterpieces.

Pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. The new characters are really good additions, especially Bunny and Ducky, and it is surprisingly scary in parts considering it's target audience (the ventriloquist dummies ).

Story itself does feel a little forced, though, and can't help feeling they should have left it at 3 considering how perfect the ending to that was.

All in all as a stand alone film it's great entertainment but the quality of it's predecessors weighs heavily on it throughout. 7.5/10

Unread 24-09-2019, 08:55 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Toy Story 4 - Was apprehensive about this as I consider the first 3 to be masterpieces.

Pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. The new characters are really good additions, especially Bunny and Ducky, and it is surprisingly scary in parts considering it's target audience (the ventriloquist dummies ).

Story itself does feel a little forced, though, and can't help feeling they should have left it at 3 considering how perfect the ending to that was.

All in all as a stand alone film it's great entertainment but the quality of it's predecessors weighs heavily on it throughout. 7.5/10
Genuinely think Toy Story 3 is a masterpiece.

Not seen TS4 yet.

We just watched Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

Forgotten how good it was tbph.

9/10

Unread 24-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Between 2 ferns.

Holy Christ that is painfully bad. Only made it to around 20-30 mins

Brutal going.