Unread 03-09-2019, 06:35 PM
est.1878

Was one of the headline stories on MSN.com . irony klaxon

Unread 03-09-2019, 06:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Isn't WYWH a Gilmour song?
As with most good Floyd songs (including their best of all, I do of course mean Comfortably Numb) I do believe it was a "co-production".

Unread 03-09-2019, 06:48 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Not answering a civil question then Irkles ?
I never warmed to his weird grey face.

Unread 03-09-2019, 07:54 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
I never warmed to his weird grey face.
Not what I asked . I didn't ask if you liked him .

I asked if you supported his struggle or posing the question in a slightly different way.

Do you support the US government and it's attempts to gag ,prosecute and have him deported ?

Unread 03-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Cream

Quote:
Not what I asked . I didn't ask if you liked him .

I asked if you supported his struggle or posing the question in a slightly different way.

Do you support the US government and it's attempts to gag ,prosecute and have him deported ?
Can't you support both?

He's a bad grass. But also a freedom fighter.

Unread 03-09-2019, 08:08 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Can't you support both?

He's a bad grass. But also a freedom fighter.
Don’t forget creepy nonce

Unread 03-09-2019, 08:45 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Don’t forget creepy nonce
Careful now you sound like a Guardian feminista hack there

Can't be arsed asking again but amusing nonetheless to see you swerve answering a simple question. Speaks volumes

Unread 08-09-2019, 09:06 AM
Hands of Scone

Unread 15-09-2019, 03:56 PM
rubbernecker

British judge jails Assange indefinitely, despite end of prison sentence

In a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning, British District Judge Vanessa Baraitser ruled that WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange will remain in prison, despite the fact that his custodial sentence for “absconding” bail expires on September 22.

The ruling is the latest in a series of attacks on Assange’s legal and democratic rights by the British judiciary. It means that the publisher and journalist will be detained until court proceedings next February for his extradition to the US, where he faces 175 years imprisonment for exposing American war crimes.

Given that the extradition proceedings will likely involve a protracted legal battle, Baraitser’s decision potentially confines Assange to the maximum-security Belmarsh Prison for years to come.

The court case was widely presented in the corporate media as a bail hearing for Assange. A statement posted by the official WikiLeaks Twitter account this morning rejected these claims, explaining: “This morning’s hearing was not a bail hearing, it was a technical hearing. Despite this, the magistrate preemptively refused bail before the defence requested it.”

WikiLeaks stated: “Magistrate says Assange to remain in prison indefinitely. He has been in increasing forms of deprivation of liberty since his arrest 9 years ago, one week after he started publishing Cablegate.” “Cablegate” refers to WikiLeaks’ 2010 publication of hundreds of thousands of US diplomatic cables, exposing the sordid intrigues of the American government and its allies around the world.

In remarks directed at Assange, Baraitser reportedly stated: “You have been produced today because your sentence of imprisonment is about to come to an end. When that happens your remand status changes from a serving prisoner to a person facing extradition.”

She continued: “Therefore I have given your lawyer an opportunity to make an application for bail on your behalf and she has declined to do so. Perhaps not surprisingly in light of your history of absconding in these proceedings.” This claim, however, is contradicted by the WikiLeaks statement, accusing the judge of preempting any application for bail by Assange’s lawyers.

Baraitser declared: “In my view I have substantial ground for believing if I release you, you will abscond again.”

A further administrative hearing is scheduled for October 11, followed by a case management hearing on October 21.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../assa-s14.html

Unread 15-09-2019, 04:13 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
British judge jails Assange indefinitely, despite end of prison sentence

In a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court yesterday morning, British District Judge Vanessa Baraitser ruled that WikiLeaks’ founder Julian Assange will remain in prison, despite the fact that his custodial sentence for “absconding” bail expires on September 22.

The ruling is the latest in a series of attacks on Assange’s legal and democratic rights by the British judiciary. It means that the publisher and journalist will be detained until court proceedings next February for his extradition to the US, where he faces 175 years imprisonment for exposing American war crimes.

Given that the extradition proceedings will likely involve a protracted legal battle, Baraitser’s decision potentially confines Assange to the maximum-security Belmarsh Prison for years to come.

The court case was widely presented in the corporate media as a bail hearing for Assange. A statement posted by the official WikiLeaks Twitter account this morning rejected these claims, explaining: “This morning’s hearing was not a bail hearing, it was a technical hearing. Despite this, the magistrate preemptively refused bail before the defence requested it.”

WikiLeaks stated: “Magistrate says Assange to remain in prison indefinitely. He has been in increasing forms of deprivation of liberty since his arrest 9 years ago, one week after he started publishing Cablegate.” “Cablegate” refers to WikiLeaks’ 2010 publication of hundreds of thousands of US diplomatic cables, exposing the sordid intrigues of the American government and its allies around the world.

In remarks directed at Assange, Baraitser reportedly stated: “You have been produced today because your sentence of imprisonment is about to come to an end. When that happens your remand status changes from a serving prisoner to a person facing extradition.”

She continued: “Therefore I have given your lawyer an opportunity to make an application for bail on your behalf and she has declined to do so. Perhaps not surprisingly in light of your history of absconding in these proceedings.” This claim, however, is contradicted by the WikiLeaks statement, accusing the judge of preempting any application for bail by Assange’s lawyers.

Baraitser declared: “In my view I have substantial ground for believing if I release you, you will abscond again.”

A further administrative hearing is scheduled for October 11, followed by a case management hearing on October 21.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../assa-s14.html
DJ in once bitten, twice shy shock