United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:56 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Are you still with total Jez?
No - got offered a job at Assala, a new company that bought the Shell assets here.

Unread 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
on the equator, in the armpit. next to cameroon.
Just been on maps.google.com... wondered what that small country sandwiched between the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (Zaire) was... turns out its an exclave of Angola... everyday's a schoolday...

Unread 03-09-2019, 01:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
No - got offered a job at Assala, a new company that bought the Shell assets here.
Ah I thought you’d transferred with Total, apologies I’ve not read the full thread. We were in Italy over the last few weeks with Saipem and Anardarko for the Mozambique project that total now owns. Looks like it could be finally starting with two trains early next year Mozambique for a few years might be just what I need.

Unread 03-09-2019, 01:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Ah I thought you’d transferred with Total, apologies I’ve not read the full thread. We were in Italy over the last few weeks with Saipem and Anardarko for the Mozambique project that total now owns. Looks like it could be finally starting with two trains early next year Mozambique for a few years might be just what I need.
sounds like a good time to go, pal...

ISIS In Mozambique Greatest Terror Threat To East And South Africa Yet

https://intelligencebriefs.com/isis-...th-africa-yet/

Unread 03-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
Have a read of Adam Curtis's blog about Gaddafi, it's absolutely incredible.

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone View Post
Love that video

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Love that video
“...but that video was not as it seemed”

Unread 03-09-2019, 02:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Total are utterly Kings of Africa mate.

That deal with Oxy/Anadarko was absolutely huge - nearly USD10bn I think all in all.

Mozambique - as opposed to Mostonbique, a highly Africanised part of North Manchester - will be immense.

Total also acquired some South African exploration assets in that deal too which could turn SA into a mjor energy player too.

Get to the bique mate, we'll come and visit you for sure.

Unread 03-09-2019, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Have a read of Adam Curtis's blog about Gaddafi, it's absolutely incredible.
It struck many as odd at the time (ie 70s/80s) that a tiny fringe party like the WRP was able to regularly issue a relatively expensively produced full colour newspaper

Unread 27-09-2019, 09:10 PM
My Name is Heath

All good here as we head into the rainy season.

Daughter in school and learning French - I'm doing about an hour a night helping her learn vocab and verbs and watching youtube and so on.

Kids today have it sooo good with language resources - we can watch Peppa Pig in French etc. and it's great.

Had some tomfoolery when potentially the next President came to visit.

Reminds me of Jez Quigley tbf tbs

Will bang some pictures up soon - I'd seriously suggest anyone who fancies a true adventure holiday to come here. I feel like I'm in Jurassic Park.