United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Music

Unread 23-12-2018, 02:34 PM
Stone Monkey

Default House / Trance Music

Calling Ears to the thread.

I've recently started collecting house, trance, dance CD compilations from charity shops to play in my car / van. I've picked up a couple of good compilations, usually Ministry of Sound stuff and a couple of Cream Live from late 90's early 00's. Usually pick up two or three disc compilations for a couple of quid. Bargain!

Some of the stuff out there is pretty collectible and sought after.

This one.

Sasha & Digweed Northern Exposure goes for around 30 - 40 in good nick. I bought this years ago but lost disc two probably when I was off my tits in my pill days!

Some other good uns;

Any good reccommendations to look out for?

Unread 23-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Sometimes you get front cover cds as you would get off mixmag or similar. Sometimes good or bad, or maybe just a couple of tracks you haven't heard for ages or a previously unknown remix. For 50p or whatevs can be worth doing

Unread 23-12-2018, 04:34 PM
waynes ear's

FAO thread.

Reported

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
FAO thread.

Reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Sometimes you get front cover cds as you would get off mixmag or similar. Sometimes good or bad, or maybe just a couple of tracks you haven't heard for ages or a previously unknown remix. For 50p or whatevs can be worth doing
Yeah. Seen quite a few of those, thing is I'm not that up on the tracks. When someone plays me summat I recognise the tune but have no idea who it is.

After the Sasha & Digweed Renaissance CD. 30 on fleabay?

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:19 PM
eusker

The Sasha and Digweed Renaissance comp is worth looking out for.

The Hard Times record (compiled by Roger Sanchez, I think) has some decent stuff on it and the Graeme Park Hacienda Play By mix is a great snapshot of that period (mid 90s).

The Choice mixes are great (especially Frankie Knuckles and Kenny Dope) and Moments in House by Tony Humphries for early 90s house.

Unread 23-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
The Sasha and Digweed Renaissance comp is worth looking out for.

The Hard Times record (compiled by Roger Sanchez, I think) has some decent stuff on it and the Graeme Park Hacienda Play By mix is a great snapshot of that period (mid 90s).

The Choice mixes are great (especially Frankie Knuckles and Kenny Dope) and Moments in House by Tony Humphries for early 90s house.
Noted! Cheers Pal.

Unread 23-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey

Yeah. Seen quite a few of those, thing is I'm not that up on the tracks. When someone plays me summat I recognise the tune but have no idea who it is.
That's ok. For a few pence you get to listen to some new music and night stumble upon something you really enjoy

Unread 23-12-2018, 06:55 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 23-12-2018, 06:58 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 23-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Sasha and Digweed are two of the most boring artists in the genre....