United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
bcred

Default Re: US tour?

I'll be using my top red celebrity status to get in the front row with Groomy and Boyle.

Well maybe not.

I'd suggest waiting a bit. It may be best to let the uK lads get tickets from the club,at least that way we would be together.

Unread 02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
croberts

Sounds good.....we'll figure it out as it gets closer.

Unread 02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
regholdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
Sounds good.....we'll figure it out as it gets closer.
Yeah all the tickets going on sale for the UK will be in level 3 being that the lower levels are pretty much sold out to season ticket holders.

The best bet is usually to call the ticket reps (you should have your own seahawks one) as they always have a stockpile of half decent tickets and will sell direct without the shitty ticketmaster surcharges.

The presell tickets will still put you through ticketmaster and probably shove you in tier 3.

Unread 02-03-2011, 10:37 PM
bcred

I had belting tickets through TM in 04. Mind you there wa no MLS team then.

Unread 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM
regholdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
I had belting tickets through TM in 04. Mind you there wa no MLS team then.
I was so pissed off for that game, i then lived in north carolina and was on tm the minute it opened up for sales and i still got stuck miles up in tier 3, then when i got here people telling me they had only just bought their tickets a week earlier and had seats real close, £#%&!ers!

Unread 03-03-2011, 02:21 AM
croberts

I'll call my seahawks account rep and see what the score is. I've given those £#%&!ers enough money over the years will plenty of shit football coming the other way to last me a lifetime. They owe me one

I tend to agree with bcred...it would be nice to be in with everyone no matter where the tickets are. If I could somehow find out what section United's allocation will be in, perhaps the ticket rep can sort us something close.

Regardless, I'll jump on whatever I can. It's not like they'll be hard to shift if necessary.

Unread 04-03-2011, 09:05 AM
bcred

This from the Seattle PI

EPL Talk is reporting that Manchester United will kick off its U.S. tour this summer with a friendly against the Sounders at Qwest Field.

The game will be played July 20 or 21, the report said. Wayne Rooney and Co. will train at the Nike facilities near Beaverton, Ore., before the match.

The Sounders have not confirmed their schedule of friendlies for the upcoming season.

The Manchester United tour also includes games at the Chicago Fire and the Major League Soccer all-star game at Red Bull Arena in New Jersey.

The trip reportedly will end with a friendly against FC Barcelona in Washington, D.C.

Unread 04-03-2011, 09:06 AM
MUFC One Love

Would absolutely love to go over for the tour. Can't afford it though.

Unread 19-03-2011, 07:14 PM
regholdsworth

Has any one seem anything official yet for dates because I have heard from a very good source the club have been talking about staying here in Seattle 15-17th July.

Unread 21-03-2011, 07:26 AM
bcred

The pre-season tour in the USA - The Boston Globe saying United and Mls clubs will confirm it Next week. These are the following dates: July 14: New England Revolution, Foxborough Stadium, Massachusetts July 20 or 21:Seattle Sounders, Qwest Field, Washington state July 23: Chicago Fire, Soldier Field, Illinois July 27: MLS all stars,Red Bull Arena, New Jersey And July 30: Barcelona, Washington D.C.

Unread 22-03-2011, 01:52 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
The pre-season tour in the USA - The Boston Globe saying United and Mls clubs will confirm it Next week. These are the following dates: July 14: New England Revolution, Foxborough Stadium, Massachusetts July 20 or 21:Seattle Sounders, Qwest Field, Washington state July 23: Chicago Fire, Soldier Field, Illinois July 27: MLS all stars,Red Bull Arena, New Jersey And July 30: Barcelona, Washington D.C.
Chicago and New York for me...might stretch to DC but it's shit there

Unread 22-03-2011, 03:23 AM
bcred

I'll be at four of them,I can't warrent going to Boston,as much as I'd love to. I've never been there. I found a belting deal too.
Sea-Chi-NYC and back to Victoria BC Canada. $713.00 taxes in.
(I'm driving down to Seattle)

Unread 22-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Man20UTD

Flying to Chicago from Philly

Train to Boston and NYC

Driving to DC

Unread 25-03-2011, 12:29 AM
bcred

Usually I can't be arsed with baseball on the telly,
I do like the buzz of a live game and usually it's cheap entertainment.
I did some digging and I've discovered that the following teams have games on or around the time United play in the States...

enjoy!

Cubs Home to the Astros (afternoon game) July 24th

Yankees home to Mariners 25/26 July

Nationals (Wash,DC) at home to the Mets July 29th.

Unread 25-03-2011, 12:33 AM
The Mull

Quote:
I did some digging and I've discovered that the following teams have games on or around the time United play in the States...

enjoy!

I knew if anyone would, it'd be Bcred that stepped up to the plate

sorry + coat

Unread 25-03-2011, 12:41 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:

enjoy!

Whats the craic with getting tickets for games? Website of the team or pay on the gate job, I'm guessing not pay on the gate for big teams like the Cubs/ Yankees.

Unread 25-03-2011, 12:48 AM
bcred

Thank You Sir Gedley of the Hulme.

Trav Red..not sure mate,maybe one of the Yanks will know on the night shift.

Unread 25-03-2011, 12:50 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Thank You Sir Gedley of the Hulme.

Trav Red..not sure mate,maybe one of the Yanks will know on the night shift.
Or I could just not be a lazy @#%&! and google it

Still not sure if I'm going to go yet depends on my mate, if he ain't going don't think I'll bother going on my jack.

Unread 25-03-2011, 06:14 AM
bcred

pretty sure you can get a baseball ticket on the day 95% of the time.

Unread 28-03-2011, 01:09 AM
bcred

Flights are booked.
Sea-Chi-NYC and Return DC - Victoria.

Chuffed about the price $691.00

Any tips re Chicago hotels appreciated.
Closed Thread