United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2022, 10:33 AM
Pop

Default Tevez

Retired.

Quote:
Carlos Tevez has confirmed his retirement from professional football in a statement relayed by the Mundo Albiceleste website. 'I have retired, it is confirmed,' he said.

'They offered me many things, including offers from the United States. But that's it, I have given everything.

'Playing the last year was very difficult but I was able to see my old man. Now I have stopped playing because I lost my number one fan.'

Segundo Raimundo, who died following complications from Covid-19 in February 2021 adopted Tevez whose biological father died before he was born.
Could have been. Ended up a £#%&!ing snake.

Unread 04-06-2022, 10:36 AM
Coracao

Must have earned some coin the kettle neck tw*t.

Unread 04-06-2022, 10:37 AM
Joe Biden

Great little player. A crime against humanity we lost him and ended up with berbatov.

Unread 04-06-2022, 10:40 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Great little player. A crime against humanity we lost him and ended up with berbatov.
Wash your mouth out

Unread 04-06-2022, 10:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
I like you more and more each day.

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:23 AM
NedKelly

Still laugh at my pal trying to tell me he wanted to stay at West Ham deluded idiot

Good player, soulless eyes

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:26 AM
92ToBury

With Ronaldo leaving, surely keeping him to play with Berbatov and Rooney would have made more sense. Still, early days Glazernomics and all that.

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Little #@&%! and vastly overrated. One of my least favourite ‘big’ United players of our stellar era.

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:48 AM
puressence

Brilliant player part of the best front 3 we’ve ever had. Would have loved him to stay on

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:57 AM
Mr_Ed

With hindsight I think he wanted to stay… Glazers probably wouldn’t fund it.

Bitter blue bastard.

Unread 04-06-2022, 11:59 AM
Coracao

His second season was nothing special at all. Was a better player at City than he was at Utd.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:17 PM
Sparky***

He wanted to stay but the club wouldn't sanction the £38 million quid buyout of his contract with MSI.

Remember this was 2009 and we were just coming into the "no value" bullshit era.

Sold Ronaldo for £80 million (which Madrid paid in full, up front btw) let Tevez go because we wouldn't pay for him and instead went with Valencia, Obertan, Mame Biram Diouf and michael owen.

Absolute scandal

Over the next 3 years United spent a total of 90 million on players. During the same period City spent 350 million. And we wonder why they overtook us.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He wanted to stay but the club wouldn't sanction the £38 million quid buyout of his contract with MSI.

Remember this was 2009 and we were just coming into the "no value" bullshit era.

Sold Ronaldo for £80 million (which Madrid paid in full, up front btw) let Tevez go because we wouldn't pay for him and instead went with Valencia, Obertan, Mame Biram Diouf and michael owen.

Absolute scandal

Over the next 3 years United spent a total of 90 million on players. During the same period City spent 350 million. And we wonder why they overtook us.
We did stump up the amount agreed in the loan deal iirc. I’m pretty sure it was late enough in the day that his piranha agent realised how much more he could make by funneling him to City. Tevez never struck me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Great player though. Shame.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We did stump up the amount agreed in the loan deal iirc. I’m pretty sure it was late enough in the day that his piranha agent realised how much more he could make by funneling him to City. Tevez never struck me as the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Great player though. Shame.
I think you're right. The agreed amount after the loan was somewhere in and around £25m.

Obviously then City got involved and in the end he went there for £47 million, which United weren't prepared to entertain.

A figure that should have been no problem for us to meet, seeing that we'd just received the best part of 100 million quid for Ronaldo all at once. But then we all know where that money went.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:51 PM
shenwen

Loved him…until I didn’t

When he was on, he was great to watch.

Respect for going to China, getting paid half a million a week or whatever and being permanently injured

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
I think you're right. The agreed amount after the loan was somewhere in and around £25m.

Obviously then City got involved and in the end he went there for £47 million, which United weren't prepared to entertain.

A figure that should have been no problem for us to meet, seeing that we'd just received the best part of 100 million quid for Ronaldo all at once. But then we all know where that money went.
The fact they paid £47m for him at a time when the top fee in England was £32m(?) is forgotten. And that’s what they officially paid. They were hellbent on getting one over on United, failed with Berbatov and used Tevez’s situation and his @#%&! of a greedy bastard agent to ensure they succeeded. The beginnings of the rot setting in.

That all said, he wasn’t great 2008-09, that may have been because of all that was rumbling in the background. He deffo wanted to stay imo, but can imagine his worm tongue agent giving it ‘they don’t want you as much as City, look at what they’re offering in comparison’

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:53 PM
Chopper

Don’t think he will be scratching around the back of the sofa cushions to find some coin during his retirement. Some talent.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:55 PM
dunk

*we should’ve triggered the clause in the summer of 2008. I have no idea why we didn’t. Absolute lunacy. He deserved his situation sorting as a reward for 2007-08.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The fact they paid £47m for him at a time when the top fee in England was £32m(?) is forgotten. And that’s what they officially paid. They were hellbent on getting one over on United, failed with Berbatov and used Tevez’s situation and his @#%&! of a greedy bastard agent to ensure they succeeded. The beginnings of the rot setting in.

That all said, he wasn’t great 2008-09, that may have been because of all that was rumbling in the background. He deffo wanted to stay imo, but can imagine his worm tongue agent giving it ‘they don’t want you as much as City, look at what they’re offering in comparison’
It is. At the time the 32 million they'd paid for Robinho was the british record. The tevez deal never got reported for what they truly spent, more shady financial fiddling going on behind the scenes.

Unread 04-06-2022, 12:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
It is. At the time the 32 million they'd paid for Robinho was the british record. The tevez deal never got reported for what they truly spent, more shady financial fiddling going on behind the scenes.
Like Mangala most expensive defender in history, unofficially
Closed Thread