United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:31 AM
lenin

Scored a perfect hat trick in one game.

However, my greatest achievement was a tremendous moment of slapstick. In a game for my primary school team, playing a school near Tandle Hill. The pitch was on a slope and the goals were two netball posts with a fairly slack bit of rope tied between them as a crossbar. We were 5-0 up at half time, and I was playing centre back, kicking up hill in the second half. Towards the end of the game, having spent all half hoofing the ball up hill in a way that only a 9 year old kid without any training could do. I thought I’d change approach and kick the ball out of play. Rather than aiming for the touch line. I inexplicably turned and belted the ball at my own goal to try to clear over the cross bar. At the exact moment the ball was flying over the bar. A gust of wind caught the rope and blew the rope upwards. So I had the pleasure of watching my “clearance” fly into the top of my own net from a good 20 yards. I later on became a striker and bagged plenty of tap-ins and one in ones. 20 yard wind assisted screamers were never really in my canon.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:33 AM
Jethro

Been trying overhead/scissor kicks for as long as I can remember. Became a bit of a pathetic trademark. Trafford Barn on rainy Sunday and I pull one off during a game of 7 a side. Crossbar and in. I shrieked like a girl.

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:42 AM
M33mike

Scored a pen past Nicky Weaver at the Umbro tournament when I was about 14. Was all downhill from there.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You’re over 40!?
Yup. Only just though.

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
not the best thing, but best I have on film

Stokey school. You still play there?

Unread 12-01-2020, 05:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Ah, it all clicks into place.

Hello Adam.

Don't insult me pal, did you see what he had "cooked" for Christmas day??

Show a bit of respect FFS

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:14 PM
HarkNowHear

Infected grassburn

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:18 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Infected grassburn
Grassburns solicitors are still preparing the case

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:19 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Grassburns solicitors are still preparing the case
Arf

Bell

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Chester Road

scored at the old Wembley

we lost 3-1 though but I didn't give a £#%&!

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Danoli

Scored at Villa Park in a tournament at the end of the season about 10 years ago. I took my shirt of and started twirling it around as I ran back towards our half after scoring.

There was a dinner afterwards and Big Ron was there to hand out trophies.

The high point of more than 40 years in the game

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:58 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Scored at Villa Park in a tournament at the end of the season about 10 years ago. I took my shirt of and started twirling it around as I ran back towards our half after scoring.

:

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:38 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Stokey school. You still play there?
Yeah still play in the 7 aside league there on a Saturday, that’s my only run out these days - I stopped 11s the Marshes at the end of last season. Mad down there now, every team has a film crew with them ‘for the gram’

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:49 PM
utd99

Quote:

Did you get a yellow? I’m big on consistency atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Yeah still play in the 7 aside league there on a Saturday, that’s my only run out these days - I stopped 11s the Marshes at the end of last season. Mad down there now, every team has a film crew with them ‘for the gram’
Nice tekkers browser. We’ve signed players on less evidence than that. Might still be ON!

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:52 PM
Spock

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2020, 10:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

that reminds me. Played in a corporate 6 aside at Elland Road, back when Neil Redfearn was manager at Leeds, each team had a couple of ex pros on their team, we had Redfearn & Richard Naylor. I was in the worst shape of my life, and we were in LUFC kit, the official Leeds photographer was taking pics and a mate managed to get hold of copies , i was blowing out of my ar**, and there was a couple of days of detagging photos of myself on facebook as fast as they kept appearing. We were poor, as we were a bit old and unfit, and most of the teams had some fit, fast lads, I put a scholesy like pass to put Naylor in for one of our few goals.

Bumped into Redfearn a few days later and he said 'you were the best player on show', which I wasn't, but you can dream and it was nice of him to inflate an out of shape 40 somethings ego.
Closed Thread