Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
yep, followed by a Robbie Keane forward roll and pistols
good man.

Unread 11-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
5-a- side with work mates at Ten Acres Lane, Newton Heath about 20 years ago. I pushed up through the middle. Chipped it out low to the right where a mate was. He was facing towards the touchline but one touch backheeled it right into the spot I’d run into past the last man. I hit the sweetest volley ever, top left corner. Celebrated like Tardelli in the 1982 World Cup final
Played there a few times. Might as well hand you the trophy now.

Quote:
not the best thing, but best I have on film

Absolutely £#%&! playing against lads as good as you. You'd be hobbling inside 5 minutes.

Unread 11-01-2020, 10:54 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Played there a few times. Might as well hand you the trophy now.

Absolutely £#%&! playing against lads as good as you. You'd be hobbling inside 5 minutes.
indeed. only one way to deal with flash harrys like that.

Unread 11-01-2020, 10:56 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unlucky pal, You almost got a hand to it.

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:17 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Unlucky pal, You almost got a hand to it.

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Scored a beautiful curling 40 yard screamer from the right wing akin to that Roberto Carlos free kick when I was about 13 I think

It was a boys against girls game at school. She was ROOTED to the spot
What was the score?

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What was the score?
So creepy ..

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:14 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What was the score?
Ah, it all clicks into place.

Hello Adam.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:33 AM
dunk

Football

Used to play 11 a side on a Friday night with a load of lads on the AstroTurf at Flixton Girls School, (was about 14, used to hang about on the off chance they were short of players).. got the ball just inside the oppositions half, the main organiser came to shut me down, megged him, went round him and chipped the keeper first time from 35 yards they didn’t let me play for 2 weeks

Aside from that had a tremendous record as a goalkeeper at Junior school level, didn’t concede a goal in 11 a side from 2nd year until the end of 4th year, only finally conceding when losing in the big Ciba-Geigy(sp) tournament final as we lost 2-0 to Barton Clough (the school I'd previously been at , who had 3 lads on United’s books at the time). Mike Summerbee was particularly complimentary about me at the awards presentation when it was over, the blue @#%&!. Andy Hinchcliffe and Lee Sharpe were also impressed

Still playing 9 a side and 5 a side regularly and still having top moments. Bagged a cracking header last week recently played for the over 40’s vs U40’s amongst all the lads we play with and gave as good as we got

Unread 12-01-2020, 03:49 AM
shenwen

Scored an incredible OG off my knee from outside the area. Legendary moment for my team in Beijing. Years later met a lad who was playing for the opposition and he was in awe (I think) when he found out that was me.

Biggest achievement was winning a 5 a side world cup. We were unbeaten all the way.I just sat in defence and watched the three lads in front take the piss. We bagged best keeper, best player and golden boot. Final vs Africa went to penalties. Three for each team. I was ready to take the fourth if needed and as by far the worst player in the team I just knew I would miss. Our keeper saved their third though and mayhem. Their last penalty taker - Pele - was in tears ffs.

Best moment though was beating an 11 aside Africa team in a cup semi final. After the game one of them took his belt out of his bag and started whipping some of his team mates

Unread 12-01-2020, 06:57 AM
Zorg

Nutmegging Trevor Morley on Red Nose Day when I was 12 and him going ‘ooh you little bastard’, mentioned a zillion times before probably but it was ace.

Record for Wolverhampton Uni team: played 1, touches 1, goals 1.

My best mate played every game for years without scoring once, they were short on players so I filled in as sub, came on with a few mins left, picked up a loose ball and @#%&!ted it into the corner.

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:04 AM
guerreiro

First game playing in adult leagues as a 14 year and they all looked massive.

Inside right and sprinting to put a cross into the far post and slightly miss hit it, absolutely rocketing it into the top corner. As I was stretching to hit it I fell over and by the time I got up everyone was cheering, completely ruined it by asking who scored.

Unread 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
first game playing in adult leagues as a 14 year and they all looked massive.

Inside right and sprinting to put a cross into the far post and slightly miss hit it, absolutely rocketing it into the top corner. As i was stretching to hit it i fell over and by the time i got up everyone was cheering, completely ruined it by asking who scored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
scored an incredible og off my knee from outside the area. Legendary moment for my team in beijing. Years later met a lad who was playing for the opposition and he was in awe (i think) when he found out that was me.

Biggest achievement was winning a 5 a side world cup. We were unbeaten all the way.i just sat in defence and watched the three lads in front take the piss. Bagged best keeper, best player and golden boot. Final vs africa went to penalties. Three for each team. I was ready to take the fourth if needed and as by far the worst player in the team i knew i would miss. Our keeper saved their third though and mayhem. Their last penalty taker - pele - was in tears ffs.

Best moment though was beating an 11 aside africa team in a cup semi final. After the game one of them took his belt out of his bag and started whipping some of his team mates

Unread 12-01-2020, 08:27 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Used to play 11 a side on a Friday night with a load of lads on the AstroTurf at Flixton Girls School, (was about 14, used to hang about on the off chance they were short of players).. got the ball just inside the oppositions half, the main organiser came to shut me down, megged him, went round him and chipped the keeper first time from 35 yards they didn’t let me play for 2 weeks

Aside from that had a tremendous record as a goalkeeper at Junior school level, didn’t concede a goal in 11 a side from 2nd year until the end of 4th year, only finally conceding when losing in the big Ciba-Geigy(sp) tournament final as we lost 2-0 to Barton Clough (the school is previously been at , who had 3 lads on United’s books at the time). Mike Summerbee was particularly complimentary about me at the awards presentation when it was over, the blue c***. Andy Hinchcliffe and Lee Sharpe were also impressed

Still playing 9 a side and 5 a side regularly and still having top moments. Bagged a cracking header last week recently played for the over 40’s vs U40’s amongst all the lads we play with and gave as good as we got
You’re over 40!?

Unread 12-01-2020, 08:46 AM
est.1878

Used to tag onto that same group Friday nights I think dunk.... Hated sand astros though

My zenith was four OGs in one week. 2 on the weds for school and 2 on the Sunday against pretty much the same opposition for club. One a peach of a volley into the corner direct from corner. Lost both games about 8 - 0. Still gets brought up now 22 years later

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:03 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

Is walking football any good?

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:22 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Is walking football any good?

Aye up, Ronaldo’s online

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:25 AM
Patty_b

Used to play as a goalkeeper in a 5-aside team with a bunch of semi-pro's and a couple of a Championship and Premier League Physio's (I've never played at that level, but set up the team with my mate who did).

Most of the lads on our team didn't know who I was and thought I was just some shit lad their mate knew (they weren't wrong tbh). Had an outrageous game topped off with an impossible double save that even the referee applauded (David Seamen vs Sheffield United, but better).

Broke my wrist in two places the game after, but played out the last 15 minutes without making a peep because we didn't have any backup goalkeeper.

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:30 AM
woody78

Had a season where everything i hit seemed to go in.

My best goal was a last minute winner from just inside the oppenents half by the touchline. I was too tired to run with it and saw the keeper off his line and just nailed it. It flew in. Also scored the opener in that game from about 20 yards.

Once scored from kick off in a 5 a side match. Managed to lob the keeper

Unread 12-01-2020, 09:31 AM
no fun

Saw the stones
Closed Thread