United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
the elephant has gone to Juve hasnt he?

So lets hear your list of the more than half a dozen Premier League CBs better than Macguire who are available right now........go
Baiily
Smalling
Coady
Alderweirld
Nathan Ake
Issa Diop
Mustafa
Rudiger

Off the top of my head.
(Spellings ?)

Shall we do Europe ?

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:26 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
There's 10 better centre backs in the league, more than half a dozen available.....

Names please of more than six that are available.

I quite like Ake. That’s the only one I can come up with (admittedly not thought too much about it)

Edit: just seen above

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Names please of more than six that are available.

I quite like Ake. That’s the only one I can come up with (admittedly not thought too much about it)

Edit: just seen above

Vertonghaen not your bag ?

It's not my problem. Poeple don't watch a lot of football these days

Maguire is way down the list I'm afraid.

Nothing to do with his head ..

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:33 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Baiily
Smalling
Coady
Alderweirld
Nathan Ake
Issa Diop
Mustafa
Rudiger

Off the top of my head.
(Spellings ?)

Shall we do Europe ?
That list ffs

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:34 AM
andyroo

Mustafa

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:35 AM
ZiggyStardust

I don't really get the point that because Liverpool took a big gamble and dropped huge money on VVD and it worked out that it's a good idea to do the same with Maguire
It's like saying that because we gave Fergie time despite mediocre results early on that all managers should be given that same time as they might have a new Fergie if they did

Maguire does have some serious question marks about him especially his lack of pace and athleticism which will be a bigger issue at top clubs as you are expected to be able to defend one v one as top sides are more attack minded
The Hull and Leicester sides he's played in have all had very leaky defences

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:36 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I don't really get the point that because Liverpool took a big gamble and dropped huge money on VVD and it worked out that it's a good idea to do the same with Maguire
It's like saying that because we gave Fergie time despite mediocre results early on that all managers should be given that same time as they might have a new Fergie if they did

Maguire does have some serious question marks about him especially his lack of pace and athleticism which will be a bigger issue at top clubs as you are expected to be able to defend one v one as top sides are more attack minded
The Hull and Leicester sides he's played in have all had very leaky defences
Didn't spurs put 6 past them at home ?

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

team bunks

I get we should get behind block head once he signs. he wears the shirt and god forbid we criticise a united player on here but let's be honest at least until this easter island scumbag puts pen to paper. He's nowhere near the level we should be fostering.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Mustafa ffs

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Lok

De Ligt is the most in demand young player in the world right now. He can pretty much choose any club he wants. Never going to happen.

Koulibaly is the only real alternative but it would be a massive gamble.

Not sure why some people are so against Maguire. He's a good defender at the right age and is a big improvement.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Mustafa ffs
Spell check, nice debate though

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
dunk

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Spell check, nice debate though
Wasn't debating the spelling you donut, I'm laughing because he's absolutely shite

Tah please

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:45 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
De Ligt is the most in demand young player in the world right now. He can pretty much choose any club he wants. Never going to happen.

Koulibaly is the only real alternative but it would be a massive gamble.

Not sure why some people are so against Maguire. He's a good defender at the right age and is a big improvement.
Probably to do with Leicester wanting 90 million for him
With the question marks about aspects of his game I'd take him at 70 mill absolute max and that's with performance related add-ons included but for 90 mill

GTFO!

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:46 AM
andyroo

Dayot Upamecano please.

Daylight come and I wanna go home.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Bunker Buster

Oh look, a list, some names there....

Quote:
Wasn't debating the spelling you donut, I'm laughing because he's absolutely shite

Tah please

Okay ......

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Probably to do with Leicester wanting 90 million for him
With the question marks about aspects of his game I'd take him at 70 mill absolute max and that's with performance related add-ons included but for 90 mill

GTFO!
as some sage said earlier, city have taken the piss by leaking interest which allows leicester to rinse us.

united going after maguire is akin to approaching a wilderbeast at closing time because there is no other birds available. city have pretended to like her and we've had to commit to living with this pig just to get our nut off.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Oh look, a list, some names there....

Okay ......
Stats

I can make Phil Jones look good with stats

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Lok

Quote:
Stats

I can make Phil Jones look good with stats
I know they say you can prove anything with stats but that's pushing it.

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:52 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Mustafa ffs

He's £#%&!ing shite isn't he.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/mustaf...tale-1.1170628

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/21/arsen...-show-9282065/

https://gunnersphere.com/2019/06/tab...p-for-mustafi/

etc.
Closed Thread