United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2019, 10:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Like they couldn't afford De Jong who they have just thrown £75m at?
thats why they cant afford him they need to shift phil

Unread 06-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
%@#$&!s is it? You’re acknowledging the current problem (Woodward) - he’s still there’s isn’t he?

The noises coming out of the club are we won’t go big purchases and buy players who can improve the squad or promote from within.

Hardly inspiring when it comes to competing for the top young talent in Europe is it? Add to that we can’t complete at the top top level financially then my point is still valid.

As for Pogba - for the money spent I wouldn’t say his first 2 years have justified that. The Pogba under Ole is a lot more promising however.
Strictly speaking, under FFP regulations, we could outspend every team in Europe.

Unread 06-03-2019, 11:55 AM
AK14

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...drops-13715048

No way we're signing him.

One of Madrid, Barca, City or Juve IMO

Unread 07-03-2019, 06:27 AM
windy waffles

Hope he was watching last night.

Unread 01-04-2019, 07:54 AM
windy waffles

Looks like he could be off to Juve.

Unread 01-04-2019, 08:31 AM
forwardirektion

Shame, he could have given us some groove in the heart of defence

Unread 01-04-2019, 08:38 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Shame, he could have given us some groove in the heart of defence

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
We don't have much of a chance with anyone while we have an accountant who knows zero about the game running the show. How could a financial shyster like wood£#%&! possibly know how to develop a recruitment policy or strategy and build the required development infrastructure?

We got lucky with Ole, but we are going nowhere until the rot at the top is sorted.
Who put Woody there pal?

He’s good at what they want him to do. He’s going nowhere. He is not in charge of the club. Just an employee, like the kit man. No interest in the team and it’s aims. Does what the owners want.

Glazers are the problem.

We can get lucky with another Ferie, but he’ll walk because of these £#%&!ing parasites who ladened us with:

No value
The debt they burdened the club with
Players bought for their marketability, regardless of what the team needs
Stadium has gone through the longest period with no improvements since the 50s
Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Giggs etc
replaced with
Owen, Falcao, Buttner, Schweiny, Ibra, Valdez, Blind etc because they cost £#%&! all

The best Ole can hope for is top 4 at best, with these @#%&!s in charge

Not even Woody’s fault. They might as well give the tea lady the job and blame her.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Who put Woody there pal?

He’s good at what they want him to do. He’s going nowhere. He is not in charge of the club. Just an employee, like the kit man. No interest in the team and it’s aims. Does what the owners want.

Glazers are the problem.

We can get lucky with another Ferie, but he’ll walk because of these £#%&!ing parasites who ladened us with:

No value
The debt they burdened the club with
Players bought for their marketability, regardless of what the team needs
Stadium has gone through the longest period with no improvements since the 50s
Ronaldo, Rooney, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Giggs etc
replaced with
Owen, Falcao, Buttner, Schweiny, Ibra, Valdez, Blind etc

The best Ole can hope for is top 4 at best, with these @#%&!s in charge

Not even Woody’s fault. They might as well give the tea lady the job and blame her.
%@#$&!s that I'm afraid.

If that's true the club that spends the most money wins every year.

The biggest problem we've had is wanting to spend like billionaires while having millionaire money. Spend like millionaires; be smart, scout well and move players on quickly, and we'd be fine. Ole will change the players we're looking at and signing to be more in line with the way the club should be spending.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:21 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
%@#$&!s that I'm afraid.

If that's true the club that spends the most money wins every year.

The biggest problem we've had is wanting to spend like billionaires while having millionaire money. Spend like millionaires; be smart, scout well and move players on quickly, and we'd be fine. Ole will change the players we're looking at and signing to be more in line with the way the club should be spending.
Never heard of
Chelsea
City
Madrid
Barca
Bayern
PSG

You’re missing the point. Probably deliberately. There is no justification for the negligence as listed. Regardless of Madrid, who get a helping hand, we are the biggest earning club on the planet. No, we don’t need to spend 200m on a #@&%! like Neymar but just look back through that list, as far back as Fergie’s no value years. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial.

Agree we need to be smarter

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Never heard of
Chelsea
City
Madrid
Barca
Bayern
PSG

You’re missing the point. Probably deliberately. There is no justification for the negligence as listed. Regardless of Madrid, who get a helping hand, we are the biggest earning club on the planet. No, we don’t need to spend 200m on a #@&%! like Neymar but just look back through that list, as far back as Fergie’s no value years. If you can’t see it, you’re in denial.

Agree we need to be smarter
United spent more than all but City and PSG in the last 5 years didn't they?

Exactly.

United have been shit from a scouting pov since the early 00's when it had all become so easy. Plenty of players have moved that would have improved us immeasurably for manageable fees, but we either had no idea who they were or were too pompous to recognise they would improve us. £#%&! all to do with money.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
United spent more than all but City and PSG in the last 5 years didn't they?

Exactly.
But with a succession of diverse managers having to replace a dozen top class players it was never going to be cheap. Can’t believe I responded to that, tbh.

My point was in response toTrippers putting it all on Woo. He has been given a dream job with salary to match. Just like Sanchez. He might be shit but he’s not going to say “oh, I’m not contributing much here... think I’ll go to Stoke where I can make a difference “. He’s shit but he didn’t appoint himself.

Agree, with a lot of astute management and recruiting we wouldn’t have to spend as much but really, look at who are spending and who ar3 winners

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
But with a succession of diverse managers having to replace a dozen top class players it was never going to be cheap. Can’t believe I responded to that, tbh.

My point was in response toTrippers putting it all on Woo. He has been given a dream job with salary to match. Just like Sanchez. He might be shit but he’s not going to say “oh, I’m not contributing much here... think I’ll go to Stoke where I can make a difference “. He’s shit but he didn’t appoint himself.
I agree entirely. The idea that just throwing money at it is the answer, or that we can't achieve because we haven't got as much money as City & PSG is %@#$&!s.

So, the line 'the best Ole can hope for is top 4 with these @#%&!s in charge' (sic) is what I disagree with.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:45 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I agree entirely. The idea that just throwing money at it is the answer, or that we can't achieve because we haven't got as much money as City & PSG is %@#$&!s.

So, the line 'the best Ole can hope for is top 4 with these @#%&!s in charge' (sic) is what I disagree with.
Essentially, correct. But it would take a colossal effort from commited players, not just talented, marketable players, along with commited owners to give the manager the players he wants, (not Owen, Schwein etc etc cos they’re cheap) to compete against clubs who have a manager and supported his vision. The fact we have actually spent a fair whack in recent years is more down to catch up and aimless recruitment from woody as well as the various, previous, disjointed managers fault. I don’t honestly have much faith that Ole will be supported in bringing in quality players any more than Fergie was under these parasites. They have no interest beyond their own profitability.

Unread 01-04-2019, 09:55 AM
AK14

Ole still has to ask Woodward for the players he wants and if woody doesn’t think they’re marketable enough or has better ideas of who to sign, then Ole won’t get the players he wants.

I don’t think the glazers are asking woody to oversee 4 managers in six years and allow them all to be part of a squad overhaul spending hundreds of millions tbh. Or totally wrecking the wage structure which will now make it harder to re sign and sign players.

Problem is though they haven’t got a clue of anything football related and see fourth place as an achievement. Basically giving Woodward and his pals free reign to play football manager with us, knowing that as long as they keep profit up (top 4, shirt sales etc) no one will question them and how they’re running things.

The owners are here to stay, but if we had a CEO who was willing to put a footballing structure in place we could get the best out of what we have to work with IMO. Until that happens I have major doubt anything will change and we’ll be looking for another manager in the next couple of years with all the same problems that we have now.

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Ole still has to ask Woodward for the players he wants and if woody doesn’t think they’re marketable enough or has better ideas of who to sign, then Ole won’t get the players he wants.

I don’t think the glazers are asking woody to oversee 4 managers in six years and allow them all to be part of a squad overhaul spending hundreds of millions tbh. Or totally wrecking the wage structure which will now make it harder to re sign and sign players.

Problem is though they haven’t got a clue of anything football related and see fourth place as an achievement. Basically giving Woodward and his pals free reign to play football manager with us, knowing that as long as they keep profit up (top 4, shirt sales etc) no one will question them and how they’re running things.

The owners are here to stay, but if we had a CEO who was willing to put a footballing structure in place we could get the best out of what we have to work with IMO. Until that happens I have major doubt anything will change and we’ll be looking for another manager in the next couple of years with all the same problems that we have now.
Or able .... but round and around we go

De Light looks £#%&!ing ace but not a chance will we be signing him

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:10 AM
AK14

Quote:
Or able .... but round and around we go
I’m pretty sure that if he went to the owners and said that the structure above the manager is wrong and asked to change it to allow us to continue to achieve top four () etc they’d allow it tbh.

But would he be willing to give up that power is the real question and I just don’t think he would.

The likes of De Ligt were brought to attention of the people in charge years ago apparently, but because the marketability wasn’t there or the people in charge thought they knew better nothing was done. With the right structure in place we could be signing these type of players before they’re house hold names.

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Surely the marketability of players such as Sanchez is somewhat offset by his wages and the subsequent fall out with wage demands from other players.

The likes of him and all the overpriced shit we've bought the last five years offers no value to them in the long run.

At the end of the day, they want to make/save money. I suspect Ole will want cheaper, lower wage, younger players (resale value. Yay!). Certainly more so than Jose

I'm hoping the veto-ing of last summer's deals is an indication of a change of transfer policy and we're actually on the cusp of trusting a manager we put in place

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:18 AM
dunk

No player was more 'marketable' than Beckham and he made his name at the club. That's what the dicks at the top need to understand; the players are marketable, first and foremost, because they play for Manchester United. Look at Lingard ffs The more successful a United team they are in, the more marketable they are.

Unread 01-04-2019, 10:24 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Surely the marketability of players such as Sanchez is somewhat offset by his wages and the subsequent fall out with wage demands from other players.

The likes of him and all the overpriced shit we've bought the last five years offers no value to them in the long run.

At the end of the day, they want to make/save money. I suspect Ole will want cheaper, lower wage, younger players (resale value. Yay!). Certainly more so than Jose

I'm hoping the veto-ing of last summer's deals is an indication of a change of transfer policy and we're actually on the cusp of trusting a manager we put in place
Nqat

But Woodward and his pals like playing billy big %@#$&!s and didn’t think that deal through and the long term effect it would have on the squad. That’s why I question the notion that he’s being told by the owners how to operate etc.

We haven’t really signed that much overpriced shite tbh? We’ve signed cheap shit.

Signing Darmian for £12m when City are signing multiple defenders for £50m. Majority of Van Gaals signings were bargain buys tbh.

We’re still being linked with Harry Maguire BTW and the links to Zaha are worrying. He’ll be 27 by November, age was apparently a reason we didn’t sign Perisic under Mou.... he was 27 at the time iirc.
Closed Thread