United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2020, 08:45 AM
windy waffles

This week I've heard two pundits say they would rather sign Jack Grealish than James Maddison. Interesting. Always assumed Maddison was the better player but, then again, not seen enough of Grealish except sprawled out on the floor in Magaluf.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
This week I've heard two pundits say they would rather sign Jack Grealish than James Maddison. Interesting. Always assumed Maddison was the better player but, then again, not seen enough of Grealish except sprawled out on the floor in Magaluf.
To be fair, Ole is looking to resurrect the tradition of signing English lads who like a pint and a balloon full of gas every now and again.

Worked with Rooney. Poggers likes a balloon (allegedly) but is French and hates pints.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:11 AM
Lok

I think Maddison is the better player but I think Grealish would have more success at United.

He has a bit of charisma about him and I think he'll get more out of the players around him. He's also not the type who hides when the going gets tough.

Both are £#%&!ing miles ahead of what we have.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:19 AM
dunk

I think Grealish is the better player tbh. Question is whether he can sustain it though..

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Dr Stranger

I'm not entirely convinced by either tbh.

Both decent, but could well just be flavour of the month.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Patty_b

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think Maddison is the better player but I think Grealish would have more success at United.

He has a bit of charisma about him and I think he'll get more out of the players around him. He's also not the type who hides when the going gets tough.

Both are £#%&!ing miles ahead of what we have.
Agree. Maddison is probably technically better, but Grealish is a club captain and seems like he has a better head on him.

Never going to happen though, to get either we're going to get scalped and pay way over the odds.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:36 AM
Zorg

Let’s face it, anyone United sign will be instantly shit@#%&!ed.
The last signing who you could say was an absolutely unqualified success was probably Van Persie.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:39 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Let’s face it, anyone United sign will be instantly shit@#%&!ed.
The last signing who you could say was an absolutely unqualified success was probably Van Persie.

Unread 09-01-2020, 09:40 AM
barca99

Quote:
Surely we 'line up transfers ' and work goes on behind the scenes prior to the window opening?

Well you would hope. I'm not convinced...
Normal clubs and managers do, we got cracking 9am on the 1st Jan

Unread 09-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I'd go for both of them but Grealish would be superb for us imo.

Unread 09-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

Spoiler alert: we’ll sign neither

Unread 09-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Switching Off

Sages gonna sage.

Unread 09-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Spoiler alert: we’ll sign neither
Alternatively, we sign one (or even both) and they turn out to be shit.

Modern day United.

Unread 09-01-2020, 04:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I'd go for both of them but Grealish would be superb for us imo.
Fee + wages to get Grealish - ((Fee for Lingard + wages saved) + (fee for Pereira + wages saved) + Mata wages saved) = instant upgrade for reasonable amount and lower wage bill.

Who doesn’t do that trade? All we’d have to worry about is a back up.

That being said, we’re so shit in the market we’d probably get peanuts.

Unread 09-01-2020, 06:10 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Fee + wages to get Grealish - ((Fee for Lingard + wages saved) + (fee for Pereira + wages saved) + Mata wages saved) = instant upgrade for reasonable amount and lower wage bill.
Who doesn’t do that trade? All we’d have to worry about is a back up.

That being said, we’re so shit in the market we’d probably get peanuts.

Unread 09-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Whiteside onside

Unread 19-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Danoli

Terrific finish yesterday

Unread 19-01-2020, 09:02 AM
puressence

be gettable when villa get relegated , although some forum experts claimed they would finish comfortably above us

Unread 28-01-2020, 08:22 PM
redhegemony

Playing well - has got something about him.

Unread 28-01-2020, 08:24 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Playing well - has got something about him.
He’s £#%&!ing mega. Summer
Closed Thread