United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Default Numerous midfielders Away from a title push...

Attack - Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, James

Midfield - Scotty, Fred (Squad)

Defence - Wan, Williams a plethora of #@&%!

Keeper - Dave

It's 4 midfielders away from a title push....maybe Ed has stumbled upon a £#%&!ing winning formula...

Hoy cash at the defence and attack then hang on for a big few windows...

If Bruno F joins in January and we add two or three in the Summer ..

£#%&!ing whispoh it....

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:01 PM
Lok

We're 2 defenders, 4 midfielders, a striker, a manager, an entire coaching team, a sporting director, a CEO and an owner away from winning the league.

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

We need another experienced centre forward with an aerial threat as an option to compete with Martial
Also need a wide right forward as James isn’t good enough first choice and Greenwood is 18 and needs time to develop

Also not 100% sold on Wan-Bissaka as you need to provide much bigger attacking threat from full back to compete with the best sides

However midfield is the area with the most room for improvement and where the majority of our transfer business should be focused on

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We're 2 defenders, 4 midfielders, a striker, a manager, an entire coaching team, a sporting director, a CEO and an owner away from winning the league.
Don't agree with defenders or a striker.....

The rest of the staff you mentioned have won the league...

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:31 PM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Even then we would still get 3rd if lucky.

Unread 11-01-2020, 11:48 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We need another experienced centre forward with an aerial threat as an option to compete with Martial
Also need a wide right forward as James isn’t good enough first choice and Greenwood is 18 and needs time to develop

Also not 100% sold on Wan-Bissaka as you need to provide much bigger attacking threat from full back to compete with the best sides

However midfield is the area with the most room for improvement and where the majority of our transfer business should be focused on
And has been for about 10 years..

Unread 12-01-2020, 11:02 AM
woody78

2 midfielders, a centre back and someone to play on the right.

On

Unread 12-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Dr Stranger

A team can look a lot further away than they actually are.

The difference a proper number 10, a wide player, a CM would make would be massive.

You could see yesterday the difference a bit of rare quality from Mata made.

Unread 12-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Unless we get new owners we’ll not win the league again

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:17 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Unless we get new owners we’ll not win the league again
Inclined to agree with this, though I’ll reassess accordingly IF we get stuck in during this transfer window and the next. Have said it for a couple of months but it’s obvious how Ole wants us to play and when we have clicked we’ve looked beastly, but now we need to bring players in to give us that creative edge in games where teams sit back. Look at yesterday; our goal came from Mata unlocking them with a wonderful little ball into the box.

Fernandes would be a fantastic start.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:25 PM
Mr_Ed

We’re 7 years away from winning the title and currently heading in the wrong direction. It could easily be 10, 15 the way things are going.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
A team can look a lot further away than they actually are.

The difference a proper number 10, a wide player, a CM would make would be massive.

You could see yesterday the difference a bit of rare quality from Mata made.
Agree.

I’d say a creative midfielder and a holding midfielder are a must and would make us look a much better side.

I’m still not sold on Martial and although he’s done well recently he needs to kick on in a similar way Rashford has, So a proper number 9 would help.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree.

I’d say a creative midfielder and a holding midfielder are a must and would make us look a much better side.

I’m still not sold on Martial and although he’s done well recently he needs to kick on in a similar way Rashford has, So a proper number 9 would help.
We need another option upfront even if MArtial turns out to be the best ever.. United need to stop thinking that one player for one role is enough can imagine they're reluctant to sign midfielders because of The Scottish Player and Fred starting to do the business Sign 4, make the £#%&!ers fight it out and sell the ones at the bottom of the pile when it suits ffs.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We need another option upfront even if MArtial turns out to be the best ever.. United need to stop thinking that one player for one role is enough can imagine they're reluctant to sign midfielders because of The Scottish Player and Fred starting to do the business Sign 4, make the £#%&!ers fight it out and sell the ones at the bottom of the pile when it suits ffs.
I know you’re not a big fan of McGuire, but do you not get a good vibe fom his interaction with the rest of the team? I think he may be the leader we’ve been badly missing.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
We need another option upfront even if MArtial turns out to be the best ever.. United need to stop thinking that one player for one role is enough can imagine they're reluctant to sign midfielders because of The Scottish Player and Fred starting to do the business Sign 4, make the f***ers fight it out and sell the ones at the bottom of the pile when it suits ffs.
True.

I’d take Jimenez from Wolves tbh. Hard working player and good age to still allow Greenwood and Martial to progress.

I’d like a bit more depth across the pitch tbh. Although we’ve got like 17 centre backs they always seem to be out at the same time and that’s been happening for years.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:33 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
We need another option upfront even if MArtial turns out to be the best ever.. United need to stop thinking that one player for one role is enough can imagine they're reluctant to sign midfielders because of The Scottish Player and Fred starting to do the business Sign 4, make the f***ers fight it out and sell the ones at the bottom of the pile when it suits ffs.
Agreed that we should be looking at another out and out forward. Credit where it’s due though, big Tone being in the side this season had a real positive impact on the attacking side of our game. As others have said, he’s now putting the effort in (which I reckon stems from having a manager that seems to really back him), scoring consistently for us and for the first time since his first season here seems to be on an upwards trajectory.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:36 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Agreed that we should be looking at another out and out forward. Credit where it’s due though, big Tone being in the side this season had a real positive impact on the attacking side of our game. As others have said, he’s now putting the effort in (which I reckon stems from having a manager that seems to really back him), scoring consistently for us and for the first time since his first season here seems to be on an upwards trajectory.
There’s no doubting his talent tbf, it’s him missing large parts of the season that makes me doubt his future here.

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I know you’re not a big fan of McGuire, but do you not get a good vibe fom his interaction with the rest of the team? I think he may be the leader we’ve been badly missing.
He seems like a decent character, quite like the lad tbh. Only got skinned once and passed it straight out of play twice yesterday, so he's improving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
There’s no doubting his talent tbf, it’s him missing large parts of the season that makes me doubt his future here.
Seems to be getting stuck in far more these days, put a couple of tackles in yesterday, again

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
He seems like a decent character, quite like the lad tbh. Only got skinned once and passed it straight out of play twice yesterday, so he's improving.

Seems to be getting stuck in far more these days, put a couple of tackles in yesterday, again
Keeping the ball boys warm. Team player

Unread 12-01-2020, 12:41 PM
AK14

Talking

Quote:

Noticed that too...

Here’s hoping the penny has finally dropped.

But then he did miss a few more games because of ‘illness’ before yesterday
Closed Thread