United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2014, 10:25 PM
Switching Off

The Saturday 3pm rule is about the only concession the PL make to the lower leagues. It'd be nice to think they'd keep to it but who knows.

Friday nights is the obvious one as said.

Unread 29-06-2014, 10:25 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

3pm is to protect other clubs in lower divisions. The fear being you would stay home to watch premier league not go to support local team.

Unread 29-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Mr Castro

The more I think about this Friday night makes some sense. Why not experiment with it for a 12/15 game package just to find out? You could even have bigger teams on there which would give them an extra days rest for a champions league game the following midweek.

Sky have shown games on Friday nights before on a normal weekend (Arsenal/Newcastle in 2003 was the last one I think - and that was to give Arsenal an extra day for a Champions League game in Russia the week after) so it's not like it hasn't been done before.

Unread 29-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's unlikely that the PL will sell more than 154. They add a few more each time so that they can justify the bigger prices.

The PL will continue to add games and change the package to ensure that the price goes up each time. Eventually every match will be broadcast in the UK.

You'd imagine the 3pm thing will eventually end but I'm surprised it's lasted this long so who knows!
Yeah so why wouldn't they add a few more this time?

I agree with Mr Castro - the Saturday 3pm thing is archaic. Will lower league fans who tend to be more hardcore anyway really shaft their local team?

Friday nights would be a good shout. Viewing figures would be big if you include the number of people watching at bars IMO.
Closed Thread