United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2021, 01:46 PM
20LEgend1999

Default The Return of Rashford...

Returned to full training on Friday, can we expect him to be on the bench for Leicester?

I know some people have decided he's shit, and his second half of the season last year was particularly underpar for him, but I'm pretty sure he scored the most goals from "open play" of anybody in our team last season, if that means anything.

I think his directness and pace are going to be great for us, and I can see him and Ronaldo working well together. He brings something different to anybody else in the squad IMO, and even off-form worries defences with his pace.

Hopefully he can be rested when necessary this season, because more than anybody he was "run into the ground" last season. I seem to remember him coming on in the later stages of the Europa League and the commentator saying he'd played some part in every game (in all competitions) up to that point. I don't remember him missing too many after that either.

It's fair to say Solskjaer was overreliant on him last season, but I'd hope that's an indication of how vital he is to how Ole wants to play. Maybe wishful thinking, and just a case of hoping the answer is the one player we haven't had available, but that's what I'm holding onto.

In order to pre-empt the responses of "he's shit", here are his goals from last season:

Unread 04-10-2021, 01:57 PM
dunk

He’s brilliant. Only imbeciles think otherwise. He’s just had the longest break from football since he was about 17, will have done him the World of good.

We’ve missed his raw pace and directness and also his long range shooting. Goals only tell half of the story as well, as he has the quality to provide from others in a variety of ways (feeding kids joke goes here). Can’t wait to see him back for Leicester, all being well

Unread 04-10-2021, 01:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s brilliant. Only imbeciles think otherwise. He’s just had the longest break from football since he was about 17, will have done him the World of good.

We’ve missed his raw pace and directness and also his long range shooting. Goals only tell half of the story as well, as he has the quality to provide from others in a variety of ways (feeding kids joke goes here). Can’t wait to see him back for Leicester, all being well

Unread 04-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Switching Off

Cant wait for the 1.5 game boost it gives us, before we return to zzzzzzz

Unread 04-10-2021, 02:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Cant wait for the 1.5 game boost it gives us, before we return to zzzzzzz
Yeah, but WHAT a 1.5 games

Unread 04-10-2021, 02:03 PM
AK14

Would like to see a front line of-

Rashers-Ronaldo-Sancho

Rashers left and Sancho right

Greenwood first reserve (love the kid, but let’s not burn the lad out).

Unread 04-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Hopefully he'll be bang on it with shooting practice with Ronaldo also, he's a quality player but there is loads more in the tank if he can kick on to the next level. Just about his consistency / ruthlessness in front of goal.

Great to have him back though, we have ridiculous options up top

Unread 04-10-2021, 02:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Would like to see a front line of-

Rashers-Ronaldo-Sancho

Rashers left and Sancho right

Greenwood first reserve (love the kid, but let’s not burn the lad out).
Got to be this ultimately, hasn’t it? Honestly think Sancho just started to show proper flashes Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Hopefully he'll be bang on it with shooting practice with Ronaldo also, he's a quality player but there is loads more in the tank if he can kick on to the next level. Just about his consistency / ruthlessness in front of goal.

Great to have him back though, we have ridiculous options up top
Yep. Still 23 isn’t he? Loads of improving to do yet, he’s got everything imo, just needs to get a bit smarter and more ruthless, which comes with time.

Unread 04-10-2021, 02:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

let's not forget that he played through an injury for a lot of last season.

Unread 04-10-2021, 03:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

He's shit...hot

Unread 04-10-2021, 03:50 PM
tatty

He isn’t shit but he’s not as good as some on here would have you believe.

Makeweight for Rice next summer.

Unread 04-10-2021, 03:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He isn’t shit but he’s not as good as some on here would have you believe.

Makeweight for Rice next summer.

State.

It's genuinely like some of his haters can't accept that he was injured for the most part of last season and the season before, but he still contributed massively. He's a superb player.

Unread 04-10-2021, 03:54 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

but he still contributed massively. He's a superb player.
On twitter.

Unread 04-10-2021, 05:15 PM
jem

I like sancho, but not more than rashers or greenwood. room for all of them to play plenty, though. we're very nicely sorted for forward players who are sort of wingery inside forward types and smile a lot.

Unread 04-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Mr_Ed

Let’s not get carried away here. He’s an excellent player on his day but he also stank a few times last season - hopefully due to injury but we’ll see. I hope he does well.

Rashford left, Sancho right with Ronnie up top?

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
On twitter.

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:35 PM
My Name is Heath

Front 3 of Rashers, Sanchers and The Ronnster in front of BRUNO, Linda Loff and de Mozam and we will be unstoppable..

Unread 04-10-2021, 06:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yeah, but WHAT a 1.5 games
Might even be enough to save the manager's job (for now)

Unread 04-10-2021, 07:08 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Big game player. He'll be on the bench against Leicester, start against Atalanta, start and score against the scousers. Yhihf.

Unread 05-10-2021, 07:58 AM
anon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and smile a lot.
Cringe
Closed Thread