United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:13 AM
BarryX

Dirty bastard.

VAR man should've called play back and booked him for cheating.

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:18 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Dirty bastard.

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/stat...490783232?s=19

Why? He caught him?

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Dirty bastard.

https://twitter.com/mrdanwalker/stat...490783232?s=19

king of snide

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why? He caught him?
For blanantly play acting and feigning an injury. By all means appeal to the ref, but don't roll around and pretend you're in real pain. Proper @#%&!'s trick IMHO

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:33 AM
Ethers

Clearly hurt, but the adrenaline of the goal took over and allowed him to get up. Still a bit of a limp as he runs though, but he powers on through. Warrior

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
For blanantly play acting and feigning an injury. By all means appeal to the ref, but don't roll around and pretend you're in real pain. Proper @#%&!'s trick IMHO
He wanted to draw attention to the contact to encourage VAR to look at it. Didn’t need to once they scored deffo a faint limp as he runs off to celebrate stay down and sell it and miss the celebrations, or get up and look a bit of a @#%&!?

It’s shitty, but they’re no doubt instructed to do it, and until fouls are given/looked at without players falling over and milking it they will continue to do it. Spain managed to get a Swiss lad sent off with similar tactics.

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:36 AM
Jethro

Italian masterclass last night. Some of the football they played was unreal. Completely suffocated Belgium.

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Italian masterclass last night. Some of the football they played was unreal. Completely suffocated Belgium.
true dat, although lukaku was already lying face down on his pillow.

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It will be a £#%&!ing good team that beats them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true dat, although lukaku was already lying face down on his pillow.
Offered absolutely nothing once put up against a competent pair of CBs. Highlights how shit the vast majority of the defenders out there are these days. Lukaku is just a quick Carsten Jancker.

Unread 03-07-2021, 10:49 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It will be a £#%&!ing good team that beats them.

Offered absolutely nothing once put up against a competent pair of CBs. Highlights how shit the vast majority of the defenders out there are these days. Lukaku is just a quick Carsten Jancker.
Some of his attempts at heading the ball were by the end. For such a big man, he was being absolutely manhandled last night.

When he tried the step overs and £#%&!ed the shot because of it

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Some of his attempts at heading the ball were by the end. For such a big man, he was being absolutely manhandled last night.

When he tried the step overs and £#%&!ed the shot because of it
If Inter offered him back to pay off the debt I'd say no, not that I'd get a say. £#%&!ing awful player.

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:44 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Why? He caught him?
If Italy didn't score, there was a good change that would have been looked at and penalty given. Helps to stop play. Not sure what else he should do?

That limp was a bit of a Keyser Soze job though

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:52 AM
vanpalm87

I love how damning the English pundits are of Italy diving about but not a jot said about Ukraine the other night vs Sweden.

Italy are a threat, Ukraine aren't. Wonderful stuff

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpalm87
I love how damning the English pundits are of Italy diving about but not a jot said about Ukraine the other night vs Sweden.

Italy are a threat, Ukraine aren't. Wonderful stuff
I think most people found it funny more than anything else.

Unread 03-07-2021, 11:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpalm87
Italy are a threat, Ukraine aren't.
I hope this is true.

I worry that you may be wrong. ukraine played france recently (wc qualis? Idk) and only lost 1-0. they are no mugs. I don't think there is any danger of cautious gareth underestimating them, but if he continues to pick wasteful dicks like sterling (which we know he will), we are not going to see an expansive victory. not saying I would put money on ukraine winning, but it is very easy to see how it could happen, as england will start with containment in mind and could get desperate if they don't go ahead.
Closed Thread