United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2020, 01:15 AM
Hyman_Roth

Thought he did well. Frustratingly lost balls all night but then produced when it mattered.

People have got to check their bias. I really can’t stand him but we need to asses him objectively. He was easily a 7 or 8 out of 10 tonight.

Unread 18-12-2020, 01:17 AM
armchair

Ole's explained how he needs to play well to get a move.

Based on the last two games I'd sign him up.

Unread 18-12-2020, 09:23 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Little pretty turns aside he was dreadful constantly giving the ball away on the edge of the box....

4.7/10
One which he looked as if he was nearly going to fall over whilst doing it...

Unread 18-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

Had some good moments , did well for the two of the goals. He also nearly lost the ball three times by doing that thing and inviting 3 of the opposition players to take him on in our own half .

Tbh right now even if he puts in world class performances he needs to go . It’s beyond footballing matters , his @#%&! of an agent has spoken about the team twice before a big game and pogba hasn’t once corrected him.

Clearly showing that he is talking through his agent . These “ I play for the team “ Instagram post, is the response of a coward. Never actually addressing his agent or getting his agent to shut up.

Unread 18-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Had some good moments , did well for the two of the goals. He also nearly lost the ball three times by doing that thing and inviting 3 of the opposition players to take him on in our own half .

Tbh right now even if he puts in world class performances he needs to go . It’s beyond footballing matters , his @#%&! of an agent has spoken about the team twice before a big game and pogba hasn’t once corrected him.

Clearly showing that he is talking through his agent . These “ I play for the team “ Instagram post, is the response of a coward. Never actually addressing his agent or getting his agent to shut up.
I don’t believe a word of it at this point.

He’d take a massive new contract in the blink of an eye. Problem is he’s been eclipsed by Bruno.

Shop window stuff for now.

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:11 PM
shenwen

Nice to see him get more involved but let's not lose all perspective. That pirouette he did was a half inch from him falling over and losing the ball (again). Fred executed it much better against City.

I'm also not going to go mad about that assist for martial. Even giving him benefit of the doubt that it wasn't a bit of a hit and hope effort, Bruno does 5-6 of them a game. When Pogba starts delivering at that level I'll start listening to the fan boy arguments,

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:25 PM
Lok

He's playing somewhere between OK and well. He loses the ball a lot but all creative players do (Bruno is very guilty of this).

Hopefully he's decided to buckle down and then move on in the summer which is best for everyone.

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:27 PM
redhegemony

If Ole wants to play him there he has to play a quicker player alongside as he does try things and lose the ball.

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Tronics

He's world-class simple as and I'll be sad to see him leave.

There's no-one in world football who can do what he does with his profile, so we either need to change how we play he goes or sign 2 players to replace his skillset.

Hopefully, he can build on last nights performance and lead us to a good finish in the league

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:35 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
There's no-one in world football who can do what he does with his profile, so we either need to change how we play he goes or sign 2 players to replace his skillset.
Bruno, pal... Bruno.

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:39 PM
AK14

He’s still in the top two most overrated players playing at the moment (The other being Neymar)

He hits a decent long pass now and again

Scores from outside of the box every couple of years

But his flaws completely outweigh the positives he brings to a team. The constant need to overplay and almost always eventually lose possession in dangerous areas, his laziness, the way he drifts in and out of games, switches off, doesn’t track back. Unless he’s played wide left he’s a complete liability

He’s also a massive @#%&! along with fat slug of an agent

Can’t wait until he leaves.

Unread 18-12-2020, 02:54 PM
MUFC One Love

He played half decent last night. He should be putting them performances in regularly, nevermind the absolute top performances which he doesn't get near.

Unread 18-12-2020, 03:00 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics

There's no-one in world football who can do what he does with his profile
What does that mean?

I really wanted him to be the player I thought he would/could/should be but it's just never happened. He did well last night but he was starting from a very low bar.

Unread 18-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Parlabane

He was ok last night and to be fair to him appears to be putting in more effort.

If he is trying harder in order to get a move it is a bad reflection on him and demonstrates that he has been shirking for the majority of the time he has been here.

As long as the improved effort helps the team then great, but it shouldn't fool us into keeping him - sell him he wont be missed

Unread 18-12-2020, 09:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
What does that mean?
Some people still, even now, buy his PR?

Unread 24-12-2020, 12:23 AM
armchair

Going to be a bargain for someone at 50 million.

Unread 24-12-2020, 02:16 AM
Chris Quayd

Very good in the first half, noticed Bruno was directing him a lot with a focus on releasing it early. If Pogba had good decision making he would be twice the player.

Unread 24-12-2020, 04:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Very good in the first half, noticed Bruno was directing him a lot with a focus on releasing it early. If Pogba had good decision making he would be twice the player.
That goes for so many, a good football brain can carry an average player.

Unread 24-12-2020, 10:15 AM
AK14

One of his better games nqat

But loses a few marks for pulling out of a challenge with Doucoure

3/10

Unread 24-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Tronics

He was great 1st half but dipped a bit 2nd overall solid performance
Closed Thread