United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Sapien

Football Nathan Ake

On his way?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-18547767

Defo says 'we need a left-footed centre back' imo.

Thoughts?

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Mr_Ed

We could do with a right footed half decent one too... What's going on with Harry?

Anyway - could be a good signing. I'd keep Lindelof and send Bailly as far away as possible. Along with Jones.

I still think Smalling can do a job for us - even as a squad player.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Switching Off

Absolutely positively definitely indisputably NO.

Unread 06-07-2020, 11:59 AM
windy waffles

Saged this a while back...

Ole tapping up players on live tv.

Top player.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:04 PM
Jethro

Would be a superb acquisition nqat

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
On his way?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...nsfer-18547767

Defo says 'we need a left-footed centre back' imo.

https://twitter.com/utdcover/status/...421947909?s=20

Thoughts?
He says something about bournemouth 'needing a bit of luck to bounce back' or something then tells him to keep going.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He says something about bournemouth 'needing a bit of luck to bounce back' or something then tells him to keep going.
Nope.

He definitely says what the bloke claims he said. It's why Nathan Ake gave the reaction he did.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Nope.

He definitely says what the bloke claims he said. It's why Nathan Ake gave the reaction he did.
I'll stick the headphones in when i get home to have a proper listen

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Neo

Football

Bring him home.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We could do with a right footed half decent one too... What's going on with Harry?

Anyway - could be a good signing. I'd keep Lindelof and send Bailly as far away as possible. Along with Jones.

I still think Smalling can do a job for us - even as a squad player.
As a defender and a footballer he is hugely overrated. Decent bloke and character though.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:35 PM
windy waffles

Thought about this over lunch..

Harry is right footed, correct? Why does he play on the left hand side of defence (if lookint out from our goal). Surely he should be playing on the right hand side? It may be because we need a left footed CB and the other's are less comfortable than him playing there.

IF we signed Ake, I expect it would look like this:

Romero

AWB Maguire Ake Shaw ()

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:38 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Thought about this over lunch..

Harry is right footed, correct? Why does he play on the left hand side of defence (if lookint out from our goal). Surely he should be playing on the right hand side?

GK

RB CB CB LB
Thanks for the brackets and bolding of position, I'd have struggled understanding what you meant otherwise.

Maybe because he's less shit with his left foot than whoever he plays with- Lindelof or Bailly. Hence Ole saying that to Ake..

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Thanks for the brackets and bolding of position, I'd have struggled understanding what you meant otherwise.

Maybe because he's less shit with his left foot than whoever he plays with- Lindelof or Bailly. Hence Ole saying that to Ake..

Such a pr*ck, always have to throw shade at me.

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:39 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Such a pr*ck, always have to throw shade at me.

Calm down you big tart. I've basically just said what you did in your edit...

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Calm down you big tart. I've basically just said what you did in your edit...

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:43 PM
rubbernecker

£#%&! rummaging around in the basement bargain bin and get Koulibaly signed instead

Unread 06-07-2020, 12:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Nope.

yep you're right

Unread 06-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yep you're right
I watched that BT subtitles thing yesterday and they had Ole saying

"You need a bit of luck at centre back"

Which I found odd, but when you listen back, yeah he's definitely tapping him up there

Bit of Fergie about him

Not sure about Ake tbh. Decent enough.... but it's for Bournemouth. And all this 'knows the league stuff'..... hmmm, so do all the other back four. We've got plenty back there who fit that bill.

Bruno doesn't know the league. Hasn't stopped him though because he's class.

Someone better than Ake, please.

Unread 06-07-2020, 02:45 PM
suedeshoes

A defender from a team that's going down who have just conceded 9 goals in 2 games. Probably get him for around 60 million. Sounds like a goer.

Unread 06-07-2020, 02:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
A defender from a team that's going down who have just conceded 9 goals in 2 games. Probably get him for around 60 million. Sounds like a goer.
Yep. The gulf is too much. He needs to move to top 10 PL team and then maybe he'd be ready.

Like Maguire, he needed that move from Hull to Leicester before moving to us.
Closed Thread