United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
How long does it take him to put a cross in though? Control the ball and whip it in ffs, all these £#%&!ing step overs and he doesn’t even beat his man at the end of it
Tbf we didn’t play with a CF until the 50th minutes.

Not saying he hasn’t got his issues but I’m still confident he’ll come good under ETH.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:30 PM
shenwen

From what I've seen, he plays better when there's some pace to the attack. That cross field ball to Bruno was lovely. Looks less effective when we're playing walking pace and he has three opposition players around him, unsurprisingly.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:30 PM
Sparky***

absolute dogshit

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:34 PM
20LEgend1999

He tends to need about three and a half months to get up to speed, so should be decent by Christmas. Unless he gets an infected ear or something.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Bit surprised at how bad he was. Possibly the worst player on the pitch and then you remember McFred.

Saying that, he kept trying to find space and make himself available. If we have any decent players behind him then he could have been used far more effectively.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Yet to really see what makes him an elite level prospect, tbh.

Average pace, doesn't really beat a man, not really seen any great deliveries from him, limited creativity, and a lacklustre goals record.

I've always backed him to be a star, but its clearly out of blind hope than any tangible evidence, if we're being completely honest.

Foden is absolutely levels above him if we're looking for a direct comparison based on position/age etc.

Unread 07-08-2022, 04:59 PM
Medlock

No conviction today

Unread 07-08-2022, 09:51 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
No conviction today
Yup, just doesn't have the belief in himself. Would have suited Arsenal during the latter Wenger years.

Unread 07-08-2022, 09:58 PM
Joe Biden

Too slow to play as a wide man.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:05 PM
Dr Stranger

There were worse performers today but he was more disappointing because we expected more. Promising preseason and today just reverts to the issues we saw last season: passive, weak on the ball and basically invisible. Like most of them, improved in the second half, but very disappointing overall.

Today was so disappoint in general, we’ve just got to try and write it off.

I have a feeling we’ll be better next week. We’ll be unfancied and Brentford will leave gaps for us.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:26 PM
Hank Scorpio

70+ million and no competition for his signing. Between him AWB and Slab and the club still can't understand why they've been overcharged for every signing since.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:26 PM
andyroo

I don't know if he did improve in the second half, because in the first I didn't even notice he was playing. Whereas in the second he ballsed up a couple of promising moves when it was 1-2 and we were all over them.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:27 PM
dunk

Benefit of the doubt today, been ill, not up to speed etc. needs to sort himself out though.

Deffo lacks the burst of speed for the wing, lovely weight of pass. Need to think about bringing him infield. Pep would Bernardo Silva him imo.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:31 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Benefit of the doubt today, been ill, not up to speed etc. needs to sort himself out though.

Deffo lacks the burst of speed for the wing, lovely weight of pass. Need to think about bringing him infield. Pep would Bernardo Silva him imo.
Delighted we've replaced Mata so quickly.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Delighted we've replaced Mata so quickly.

He started on the wing too.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:36 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

He started on the wing too.
Yep, that's who he's starting to remind me of, although that might be a bit unfair to Mata, at his peak he had much more impact on the game.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

Expected big things last season after chasing him the year before. Then gave him a pass as his first season. But for 70 million and 300k a week he needs to start performing otherwise he’s close to the shit list.

Only the first game, had a good preseason which I expected him to carry it into the new season, but players have a minimum expectation level regardless of who they are and he hasn’t been good enough since joining .

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:44 PM
marlo

he will be fine.

he and eriksen are the only two people footballers In our team.

you put foden in our team tomorrow and he will look shit because they no similar ability players to run off him, give him an option.

because of our shit midfield and bruno Sancho has to literally do everything. he likes a few touches and give and goes. he cant do that here. its a mess.

Unread 07-08-2022, 10:50 PM
armchair

I feel sorry for him. Imagine you make a bit of progress then have to play it off to midfield and there's the scottish player ready to take a bad touch and get a yellow card over and over again.

We criticise a lot of our attacking players for trying to do it all themselves but you'd probably be the same if the other option was giving the ball back to McFred.

Unread 04-09-2022, 10:29 PM
Vedder

Goes missing in games, doesn’t take his man on. Obviously talented but maybe suited more centrally? I think he’d be a good no10 tbh. Likes to play one touch in and around the box, his weight of pass is good too. I don’t think he’s a very good winger tbh
Closed Thread