United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2021, 12:54 PM
Hyman_Roth

Default Why have we turned to shit?

I can’t believe it’s simply Ole’s uninspiring tactics. We’ve outperformed better opposition many many times.

Surely ole doesn’t tell McGuire to wait for a ball that he should have gone to? For Pogba to lose possession at literally every opportunity. I realise he picks those players though.

We look really unsettled as a team, like something’s changed and it’s changed us in a bad way….

Unread 17-10-2021, 12:55 PM
NedKelly

Think some of the lads are gutted that Ed is coming to the end of his tenure.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:02 PM
jem

ronaldo doesn't contribute a lot, but he is not the reason we look uncoached. we had the same problems last season, too - disorganised and lazy. he's just the cherry on top.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:05 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
ronaldo doesn't contribute a lot, but he is not the reason we look uncoached. we had the same problems last season, too - disorganised and lazy. he's just the cherry on top.
disorganised and lazy you say...

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:08 PM
AK14

We haven’t played well for sometime tbf but managed to do just enough to win games (pretty sure I read that we haven’t won back to back games since April?).

Now with three new first team players that need integrating and a few key players having euros hangover it’s all falling apart. Ole doesn’t know how to rectify it and the individual brilliance of certain players has dried up and not pulling him out of the shit this time.

If we hadn’t have signed Bruno Ole would have been sacked a long time ago.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Ole's been great when we're the underdog. 6 man defence. Bruno and Pogba slinging balls up to Rashford etc. Great when it works but about as basic as it gets.

Asking him to put together patterns of attacking play at this level is like asking a dog to drive a HGV from Dubrovnik to Inverness.

The players look like bomb survivors in a Kabul marketplace. Ambling around looking stunned. Hair all over the place. They're supposed to be prepared for each opponent before the game. That requires the manager and coaches to predict what the other team will be doing and set up accordingly.

How many games do we start with the right set up? 10%? 5%?

I think we have the poorest manager and coaches in the division.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:13 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I can’t believe it’s simply Ole’s uninspiring tactics. We’ve outperformed better opposition many many times.

Surely ole doesn’t tell McGuire to wait for a ball that he should have gone to? For Pogba to lose possession at literally every opportunity. I realise he picks those players though.

We look really unsettled as a team, like something’s changed and it’s changed us in a bad way….
I can. The cumulative impact of a lack of tactical thinking. Especially when combined with players he clearly has no idea what to do with. There looks to be a lot of disaffection in the squad. Not just Beek and Lingard either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Ole's been great when we're the underdog. 6 man defence. Bruno and Pogba slinging balls up to Rashford etc. Great when it works but about as basic as it gets.

Asking him to put together patterns of attacking play at this level is like asking a dog to drive a HGV from Dubrovnik to Inverness.

The players look like bomb survivors in a Kabul marketplace. Ambling around looking stunned. Hair all over the place. They're supposed to be prepared for each opponent before the game. That requires the manager and coaches to predict what the other team will be doing and set up accordingly.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Coracao

Not much has changed.

Same shite football.
Inability to control a game.
Same shit defensive mistakes.
Same clueless team selections and subs.
Same reliance on an individual bit of brilliance to dig us out of the shit.
Same excuses.

We are perhaps not riding our luck as much as we did last season. Though I suppose we have still done it in a few wins this season, which could have easily been draws, or worse.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

Jesus

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not much has changed.

Same shite football.
Same excuses.

We are perhaps not riding our luck as much as we did last season. Though I suppose we have still done it in a few wins this season, which could have easily been draws, or worse.
Yeah. I actually think we’ve been fortunate to get what we have.

No way should we have beaten Wolves or Villarreal. I think we got unlucky with the AWB red in Young Boys, but we’re reaping the results of our performances.

We’ve played 11 times this season. We’ve been shit in 9 of them. Not below par either. Actually quite bad.

Even if you didn’t think we would challenge for the title this season, surely nobody expected us to be this bad.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:28 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Not much has changed.

Same shite football.
Same excuses.

Crowds back have made a big difference imo. The fragility Sparky used to always post about has come back again.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

No way should we have beaten Wolves or Villarreal. I think we got unlucky with the AWB red in Young Boys, but we’re reaping the results of our performances.

We’ve played 11 times this season. We’ve been shit in 9 of them. Not below par either. Actually quite bad.

Even if you didn’t think we would challenge for the title this season, surely nobody expected us to be this bad.
not to mention Noble's pen.

Unread 17-10-2021, 01:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

There’s always been a boom bust cycle with Ole however the glaring deficiencies in how we are coached was mitigated by a balance of some great individuals to win us the game and work horses to do the dirty work

It gave us some balance however after Sancho and Ronaldo were signed the delicate balance we had has been lost and there is no structure behind what we do to fall back on

It’s an absolute mess but was always inevitable at some point as you can’t just leave the players to sort out themselves on the pitch without it eventually falling apart

Unread 17-10-2021, 02:33 PM
jem

Quote:

how appropriate: grinchers even having a go at the dog that saved christmas now.

Unread 17-10-2021, 03:48 PM
d_knight

Quote:
The players look like bomb survivors in a Kabul marketplace.

Unread 17-10-2021, 03:52 PM
AK14

Unread 17-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

I didn't expect us to be this bad, but i'm not surprised.

Our performances are finally getting the results they deserve now. We've been wretched for months going back to last season.

I can't see us turning this round any time soon either.

Unread 17-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Our performances are finally getting the results they deserve now. We've been wretched for months going back to last season.

Yeah you’re right about getting what we deserve, last season we played in empty stadiums and it’s clear to see how much that helped us watching them completely shit themselves yesterday at the King Power that away record we have too isn’t what it seems.

Unread 17-10-2021, 04:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Yes, it’s not just been this season. Since our little Mid season run last year, we’ve been patchy at best. Covid schedule got us some leeway, but it’s a long old while since we played well consistently.

Unread 17-10-2021, 04:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Wonderful
Closed Thread