United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-10-2021, 11:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
ronaldo scored a hattrick for portugal.

Unread 17-10-2021, 06:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

You can add Bruno to the luxury players list. So it's 3. The side is massively imbalanced and the Ronaldo signing has made it miles worse. He's not the greatest player in the world anymore btw. He's a pretty immobile great finisher. Like an old ruud. So we'd need to build a side and style around him (bit also Bruno) and kind of Pogba. A tough ask for even a great manager and tactician. Ole isn't that man. Even with a new man at the helm, that will need sorting. Whoever comes in won't be playing all three.

Unread 17-10-2021, 07:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
You can add Bruno to the luxury players list. So it's 3. The side is massively imbalanced and the Ronaldo signing has made it miles worse. He's not the greatest player in the world anymore btw. He's a pretty immobile great finisher. Like an old ruud. So we'd need to build a side and style around him (bit also Bruno) and kind of Pogba. A tough ask for even a great manager and tactician. Ole isn't that man. Even with a new man at the helm, that will need sorting. Whoever comes in won't be playing all three.
Agreed.

A new man wouldn't try to fit players in though well, a strong manager won't.

We have the squad.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:08 AM
My Name is Heath

Thoroughly depressing.

I think we have to go solid for the next couple of months.

I'd go for a middle 3 of Lindelof, Beek and The Scottish Player behind Ronaldo, Fernandes and Sancho?

Perhaps lose Lindelof for Rashford as things improve but we need to steady the ship man.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:38 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Thoroughly depressing.

I think we have to go solid for the next couple of months.

I'd go for a middle 3 of Lindelof, Beek and The Scottish Player behind Ronaldo, Fernandes and Sancho?

Perhaps lose Lindelof for Rashford as things improve but we need to steady the ship man.
Imagine Ole turns to Donny now ffs

"thats what I think of your selection policy"

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:53 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Imagine Ole turns to Donny now ffs

"thats what I think of your selection policy"

Olé either sticks with the same team that's got him here or he thinks "how could it be worse? " and looks to his bench. I'm not sure he's in a position to care what people think anymore, surely he's got to drastically change it.

Pogba is a huge problem for him. For France, he sees a class midfielder doing amazing things. For us though, Pogba has never been that guy. Under a dozen top games for us in his time back here, he's an absolute shit house. Matic has been finished for a while and just isn't mobile anymore. It's painful watching him and Pogba strut about but lacking either legs or guts. Not sure how worse the midfield would be with Donny and Lingard. We see Lingard with England and last season with West Ham, can anyone say he doesn't deserve a chance?

I'd 100% get rid of Pogba. Absolute waste of time. I don't care what he does for France, he DOESN'T do it for United. I'm sick of waiting for a good game off the fraud. And Ole wants to bump him up to 450k a WEEK Why ffs?

Unread 17-10-2021, 09:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Olé either sticks with the same team that's got him here or he thinks "how could it be worse? " and looks to his bench. I'm not sure he's in a position to care what people think anymore, surely he's got to drastically change it.

Pogba is a huge problem for him. For France, he sees a class midfielder doing amazing things. For us though, Pogba has never been that guy. Under a dozen top games for us in his time back here, he's an absolute shit house. Matic has been finished for a while and just isn't mobile anymore. It's painful watching him and Pogba strut about but lacking either legs or guts. Not sure how worse the midfield would be with Donny and Lingard. We see Lingard with England and last season with West Ham, can anyone say he doesn't deserve a chance?

I'd 100% get rid of Pogba. Absolute waste of time. I don't care what he does for France, he DOESN'T do it for United. I'm sick of waiting for a good game off the fraud. And Ole wants to bump him up to 450k a WEEK Why ffs?
Every word, maggers. Just don’t think it is Ole offering 450k. Not excusing him either. Decisions made over his head and he is left to deal with it. Because he’s a patsy.

Unread 17-10-2021, 09:56 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Just watched the highlights on Motd thinking maybe there was an over-reaction while the match was actually on.

f***ing hell, we were actually worse than I thought.
I watched the game and MOTD. I thought that due to the necessary editing on MOTD, it actually made us look a bit better than we really were.

It's definitely easy to over-react during the game but yeah, it was awful.
I may be losing perspective but right now I'm struggling to remember when we've been worse recently, certainly in the PL.

Unread 17-10-2021, 11:01 AM
dragflick

Not seen anything back of it, shite game. Decent day though.

Unread 17-10-2021, 06:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Unread 17-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
That's £#%&!ing zonal marking for you.

Unread 17-10-2021, 06:41 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's £#%&!ing zonal marking for you.
£#%&!ing Zoloft marking more like.

Unread 17-10-2021, 06:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 17-10-2021, 07:56 PM
Ethers

Time to react.

I’ve got a feeling everything’s gonna be ok guys.

Unread 17-10-2021, 07:59 PM
Zorg

Phew. Nice one Dave.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
I watched the game and MOTD. I thought that due to the necessary editing on MOTD, it actually made us look a bit better than we really were.

I may be losing perspective but right now I'm struggling to remember when we've been worse recently, certainly in the PL.
Winter of 2019-20, perhaps. The manager somehow turned that around but I'm not holding my breath for him to do it again.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red

well we've certainly been just as bad in various periods. The entire reign of Moyes terror. The end of the van gaal era, the end of the mourinho era, various stages under Ole.

We've lurched into form occasionally but lets be honest - the vast majority of the last 8 years has been £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Winter of 2019-20, perhaps. The manager somehow turned that around but I'm not holding my breath for him to do it again.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We've lurched into form occasionally but lets be honest - the vast majority of the last 8 years has been £#%&!ing awful.
Pretty sure that’s a direct quote from the chat I had with my wife before we split up.

Unread 17-10-2021, 08:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Pretty sure that’s a direct quote from the chat I had with my wife before we split up.
ffs