£8m pay off. Like £#%&! he will!

Amen.

Unread 15-10-2021, 11:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
£#%&!ing love Brucie

Sheff weds was irl nirvana
The moment you knew, just knew, that it was finally about to happen.

Will never forget

Unread 15-10-2021, 11:32 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The moment you knew, just knew, that it was finally about to happen.

Will never forget
Almost knew. Until the fat lady sings there is always that lingering doubt. And that makes the moment of utter mathematical certainty so much the better. If you are a nerd like me….

Unread 15-10-2021, 11:42 PM
Sparky***

This idea that newcastle are a 'big' club ffs. Does my head in.

It's why their fans feel entitled to give steve bruce shite. Like where exactly do they think they should be finishing with that squad?

And now all you hear is "they're the richest club in the world"

they're not. They're not a rich club at all. They're a club that has access to a wealth fund owned by the saudis. Big difference.

If the owners changed tomorrow they'd have £#%&! all. Proper wealthy clubs stay that way no matter who the owners are.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:23 AM
AK14

I’d love to see them go down tbh

Not that they bother me too much, but it would be £#%&!ing funny.

Pay brucey off, hire someone like Gerrard and get relegated

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
It’s more or less exactly what you said unless you were being sarcastic.

Re us having spent close to a billion post SAF, it’s relevant in this discussion as it goes to show that if the funds aren’t managed properly you’re still getting nowhere near winning the league at least. Champions league of course you can never write off as it’s cup football which can be won in spite of top managers.
£#%&! me, pal…. Slow day or what?

I’m sure we’re pretty much on the same page here but all I was saying was, when you have that level of financial backing, a half decent manager should do the rest. Viz: 2 Chelsea cl wins and one near miss with no-mark managers.

I’m aware that we have spent a few Bob but not in a cohesive way, with a view to improving the playing side. It has been a fragmented, directionless, half arsed affair, spread amongst various managers, some of the signings courtesy of that gormless £#%&!in Glazer puppet. (Not Ole)… but I suspect you know this

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:10 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
£#%&! me, pal…. Slow day or what?

I’m sure we’re pretty much on the same page here but all I was saying was, when you have that level of financial backing, a half decent manager should do the rest. Viz: 2 Chelsea cl wins and one near miss with no-mark managers.

I’m aware that we have spent a few Bob but not in a cohesive way, with a view to improving the playing side. It has been a fragmented, directionless, half arsed affair, spread amongst various managers, some of the signings courtesy of that gormless £#%&!in Glazer puppet. (Not Ole)… but I suspect you know this
All I’m saying is I think you need more than a half decent manager to win the league and chucking money at it needs a much better strategy than ours.

Unread 17-10-2021, 04:18 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
All I’m saying is I think you need more than a half decent manager to win the league and chucking money at it needs a much better strategy than ours.
Yep. Wouldn’t be difficult to do better than we have. Always seems worse during a bad run but even taking the broader view; we could’ve hardly planned it worse. Every move has purely been with the aim to maximise profits for the owners. I think the Newcastle ownership will be a little more beneficial to the club but yes, they will need somebody better than Brucie but di Matteo was in charge for Chelsea’s first win. I suppose Newcastle will just be grateful for anyone but the previous owner and a League Cup win would be greeted with euphoria.

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:41 AM
thatsfuctit

Brucey potted..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58775879

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:44 AM
shenwen

7 million in his back pocket.

It really does pay to be a shit manager

Keane was right: how do these same managers keep getting hired (and then fired)?

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:48 AM
AK14

Well that’s Ole’s replacement sorted

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:50 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well that’s Ole’s replacement sorted
What a CV

Quote:
Newcastle, Sheffield United, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Crystal Palace, Wigan, Sunderland, Hull and Sheffield Wednesday

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Patty_b

"Mutual consent"

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:52 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
"Mutual consent"

tbf, if someone was dangling that much money in my face, there isn't too much I wouldn't mutually consent to

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:54 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
tbf, if someone was dangling that much money in my face, there isn't too much I wouldn't mutually consent to

Wonder if they made him do the truffle shuffle for it?

Unread 20-10-2021, 10:57 AM
Pop

He'll turn up again in a months time at one of those shitty 'Steve Bruce' clubs. Gillingham, Charlton, MK Dons, etc, promote them and then get sacked 4 months into their first season in the PL.

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:04 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He'll turn up again in a months time at one of those shitty 'Steve Bruce' clubs. Gillingham, Charlton, MK Dons, etc, promote them and then get sacked 4 months into their first season in the PL.
Sadly, we are probably in that frame.

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:06 AM
AK14

Always liked Brucey tbh and it’s shit the way he’s been treated

But that cabbage comment has proper made me lol.

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:16 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
"Mutual consent"

7,000,000 mutual consents.

Unread 20-10-2021, 11:20 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
7 million in his back pocket.

It really does pay to be a shit manager

Keane was right: how do these same managers keep getting hired (and then fired)?
I always think of the Secret Footballer and when he said he and his team mates were sure their manager was doing it on purpose to get the multi million quid pay off
Closed Thread