Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ole out
Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Getting some new people in around Ole would probably be a good thing? Right??

Unread 13-10-2021, 03:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Big Ron was a marked shift from the Sexton years but what did they win? Was the cavalier football overhyped due to how dreary the Sexton years were? Some have suggested that.

My initial point still stands though. You can have the Atkinson years if you really need it.

This great "attacking man utd" myth needs busting. Too many believe in it.

United is a beautiful club with a great history. A unique history. The biggest club in the world.

Lets be honest about some myths though. Lets not get abusive because we disagree with eachother.

Spot on as usual tatty.
The WUM slips

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ultimately you can be "ole in" or "Ole out" whatever, but the proof will be in the pudding.

Even in a boardroom as notoriously dithering as ours they won't sit there forever and let these piss poor results and performances keep rolling in.

Ronaldo certainly won't tolerate this forever and you could see him getting exasperated with his team mates several times today.

Unless there is some kind of utter miracle turnaround in performance levels and tactics we're going to get turned over big style by the opponents we've got coming up.
Well, barely 2 weeks later since i said that and here we are.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Except about the board doing anything.

They don’t anything until December at the absolute earliest.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
It was obvious two weeks ago, its just more obvious now. Wont change anything though.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Molde won't have him back at this rate.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Molde won't have him back at this rate.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:37 PM
tatty

The Glazer's have gaslighted fans with Ole's appointment.

LvG and Mourinho didn't work out but they were top class managers and there was a case for both of them.

Ole was only appointed because there was a good chance he'd keep scraping top 4 on a minimal spend whilst keeping the fans quiet...'cos he gets us'.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:41 PM
dunk

We needed someone to unite the players, steady the ship and get the club and squad moving in the right direction, Ole has managed to do all of those things.

It may be that he’s taken them as far along that path as he can though.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:43 PM
tatty

Part 3 isn't going to be 56% vs 44%.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The Glazer's have gaslighted fans with Ole's appointment.

LvG and Mourinho didn't work out but they were top class managers and there was a case for both of them.

Ole was only appointed because there was a good chance he'd keep scraping top 4 on a minimal spend whilst keeping the fans quiet...'cos he gets us'.
This is why they won’t do anything unless they’re forced too.

They don’t care. They’re not ambitious. They’re not going into each season thinking we need to be the best, and if It looks like that is in doubt, then they’ll do something about it.

They don’t have those kinds of standards.

None of this hurts them. CL football is all they care about and they won’t do anything until that is mathematically gone.

Why would they?

If you didn’t give a shit about the club, why would you sack a manager who won’t kick up a fuss and who the fans generally like.

Why pay him out and pay up for a new manager, and all the funds they want.

No. Something has to change the dynamic. Either the fans or the players have to turn, or both.

That could happen, but I suspect we’ll get just enough results to avoid that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We needed someone to unite the players, steady the ship and get the club and squad moving in the right direction, Ole has managed to do all of those things.

Yep. If he left tomorrow, we could still say ‘good job’, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that he isn’t good enough to take us where we want to go through from this point.

He had to win that Europa and we had to hit the ground running this season. I think both of those not happening has killed his chances of taking us forward, long-term.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:48 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Absolutely, he deserves a lot of credit. It’s all well and good saying he didn’t do anything out of the ordinary but we didn’t look close to any of those things prior to his appointment. Just don’t think there’s anything to suggest he can take us to the next level but I’ll always be grateful for stopping the slide we were clearly on and leaving a significantly better foundation than he inherited.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Absolutely, he deserves a lot of credit. It’s all well and good saying he didn’t do anything out of the ordinary but we didn’t look close to any of those things prior to his appointment. Just don’t think there’s anything to suggest he can take us to the next level but I’ll always be grateful for stopping the slide we were clearly on and leaving a significantly better foundation than he inherited.

Yup ...

Bye.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yep. If he left tomorrow, we could still say ‘good job’, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that he isn’t good enough to take us where we want to go through from this point.

He had to win that Europa and we had to hit the ground running this season. I think both of those not happening has killed his chances of taking us forward, long-term.
Think you might be right about the Europa: That trophy would’ve just increased his authority and given him a bit of belief from those around him.

The club should be scouring the globe for the best fit to replace him, and should’ve been throughout his time here, they won’t have been though. If they sack him they’ll employ entirely the wrong person, like Conte or Zidane, and it’ll set us back again. Nqat.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Think you might be right about the Europa: That trophy would’ve just increased his authority and given him a bit of belief from those around him.

The club should be scouring the globe for the best fit to replace him, and should’ve been throughout his time here, they won’t have been though. If they sack him they’ll employ entirely the wrong person, like Conte or Zidane, and it’ll set us back again. Nqat.
Yep. They don’t seem to be able to see past their own nose. Let’s have it right, he was hired to lift the place. That was it. He got the job on merit, but he should be under the microscope all the time. All managers should be. Since he’s appointed, there has seemingly been nothing but blind support from the board. I’m all for giving managers time, but the board have a responsibility and can’t just ignore what’s happening in front of them. His credentials have always been questioned, so all he really has is how he’s doing at any given point. The defence for him was always ‘he’s doing a good job’. As soon as that isn’t the case, for an extended period of time (which this now is. The form at the back end of last season was awful, culminating in the Europa loss) then questions have to asked. At the very least, the board should be putting a plan in place to replace him if things get worse. Instead, we’ll just take the best of whatever is available once they do finally pull the plug.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:06 PM
Buck

I think he'll be gone soon. Fixture list isn't kind coming up. I think he's done a great job rebuilding the squad and raising the expectations again. Signing Ronaldo changed everything though. He's not going to be part of a long term process. Zidane is available and is the best manager at managing big egos and can handle those expectations. I expect him to be appointed soon.

Zidane might not have been able to do the job of rebuilding as Ole did but he would get to inherit something very talented. Ancelotti did nothing of note with Everton but Real Madrid came back for him because he is a manager who can deliver given the tools. That's where we are now. Ole has done the hard part of the job well but it will most probably be someone else who will reap the rewards.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:08 PM
Stickman

Still out, just even more of you seeing it now.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:11 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I think he'll be gone soon. Fixture list isn't kind coming up. I think he's done a great job rebuilding the squad and raising the expectations again. Signing Ronaldo changed everything though. He's not going to be part of a long term process. Zidane is available and is the best manager at managing big egos and can handle those expectations. I expect him to be appointed soon.

Zidane might not have been able to do the job of rebuilding as Ole did but he would get to inherit something very talented. Ancelotti did nothing of note with Everton but Real Madrid came back for him because he is a manager who can deliver given the tools. That's where we are now. Ole has done the hard part of the job well but it will most probably be someone else who will reap the rewards.
Yep.

Don’t want Zidane anywhere near it.

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:18 PM
tatty

Quote:
Yep.

Don’t want Zidane anywhere near it.

Who do you want?

Unread 16-10-2021, 10:19 PM
Dr Stranger

We also can’t ignore that we’ve given a new contract to Phelan and there’s talk of deals for McKenna and Carrick,

And of course Ole has his new deal.

Seems the club are doubling down.
Closed Thread