United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:41 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euston70
After the debacle at Leicester, it shows that Ollie has no plan B. How could he not take off Matic and Ronaldo at half time. Once again waited until we behind before making any changes. As I have said before, Ronaldo was going to be a liability.
He doesn’t have a coherent Plan A

I’m at the point where I’d rather not get emotionally involved in a game now simply because we’ve got 11 players and not a team.

3 years in and it’s so £#%&!ing frustrating.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
If he’s done a lot of good, why aren’t we winning games with the squad he’s put together?

He’s clearly not a football manager or his attempt to learn on the job is painfully slow and expensive.

I wouldn’t argue with Giggs being given a go.. till the end of the season.
He’s done a good job in getting us to back to back CL finishes and shipping shit out of the squad and bringing some exciting and talented players in.

Now, we need to actually do something with it and look like we’re progressing as a team.

He’s got the parts, he doesn’t know how to put it together.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Furry Russian hats

He has to go, if the scousers put 5 or more past us then that will be that, he’ll walk.

Struggling to think of a replacement but maybe the man in charge of our opponents today? You never know, we might learn to love him and he can certainly coach a side.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Every chance he might end up serving a custodial sentence .. till the end of the season. Or even beyond.
He can have the job as community service

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
He has to go, if the scousers put 5 or more past us then that will be that, he’ll walk.

Struggling to think of a replacement but maybe the man in charge of our opponents today? You never know, we might learn to love him and he can certainly coach a side.

Managers very rarely walk these days. He’ll need to be sacked.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:55 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s done a good job in getting us to back to back CL finishes and shipping shit out of the squad and bringing some exciting and talented players in.

Now, we need to actually do something with it and look like we’re progressing as a team.

All he’s done is identify good players as transfer targets or said yes to decent players that are available. Is it really the rocket science people are making it out to be?

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:56 PM
silv

Quote:
All he’s done is identify good players as transfer targets or said yes to decent players that are available. Is it really the rocket science people are making it out to be?
This is what I don’t get, he’s done a great job because he’s got rid of some shit players? I could do that ffs

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Is anyone saying it’s rocket science? The point is that the squad, the results, the league position are in a better position than when he took over.

This season was always going to be the one where we needed to kick on. Instead, we’ve regressed.

I think that Europa final killed him, I really do. We simply had to win that final. It was disaster that we didn’t.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:01 PM
marlo

Quote:

That last line is spot on and I’m suprised people can’t comprehend it.

we don’t need X number of midfielders to challenge.
we have a squad good enough to win the league. We just have a manager and coaching team that don’t know how to get the best out of the squad.

a manager is meant to be a asset to the team not a liability.

Kloop wins the league with our squad and ole wouldn’t get top 4 out of Liverpool’s team.

pogba this and pogba that , he looks competent in the French team.
Fred starts for a Brazil team that hasn’t lost in 2 years.

So decent managers are getting good output from the villains that are “always to blame”

the dressing room will be lost soon if we are beaten in a embarassing fashion by our historic “rivals”

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
This is what I don’t get, he’s done a great job because he’s got rid of some shit players? I could do that ffs
Regardless, he’s done it and
people hadn’t before him. And if the last few years have shown us anything, it’s that getting rid of players is proving very difficult.

The signings under LVG were horrendous. Under Mourinho, they were effective, but not easy on the eye. Rewind just a few weeks and most of us were excited at the prospect of our forward line and praising the summer deals (midfielders notwithstanding). We had high expectations. They’ve quickly evaporated.

Like I said, if he left tomorrow, we could say thanks and goodbye and there would be a lot of managers who would love to get their hands on this squad.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats

They won't put 5 past us.

That's not the point though. Forget the result next week he needs to go.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
It might not be that hard but it was well beyond the previous three managers hence it can be considered progress, as can League form. What we should be seeing now are consistent, good performances with a discernible style of play and there is nothing in his three years to suggest he is capable of that.

I had sympathy for the view that if more established managers couldn’t get a decent style out of our squad then it wouldn’t be fair to judge Ole until he has his own players. He now has that and there isn’t a single improvement in our style of play that I can see. It’s telling that even Ronaldo isn’t kicking up much of a fuss on the pitch, don’t think the players have a lot of belief with what they are being asked to do.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They won't put 5 past us.

That's not the point though. Forget the result next week he needs to go.
If both sides play anything like they have done recently, they will utterly kill us. The rivalry tends to be somewhat of a leveller, but you saw what they did to us when we were on the floor last season, they scored four and hit the woodwork three times. If it goes with form, it could get very ugly.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
If both sides play anything like they have done recently, they will utterly kill us. The rivalry tends to be somewhat of a leveller, but you saw what they did to us when we were on the floor last season, they scored four and hit the woodwork three times. If it goes with form, it could get very ugly.
Yep.

Through the years no matter how bad of a run we’ve been on I’d put my house on either van Gaal or Mou setting us up to not get thumped and maybe play for a point. I doubt Ole knows how to do that so will set us up as he always does and we’ll get absolutely battered

It’s going to be £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Switching Off

Shocked that Saffers called something 10 months ago and everybody else is on board now.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:20 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Shocked that Saffers called something 10 months ago and everybody else is on board now.
Not everyone

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep.

Through the years no matter how bad of a run we’ve been on I’d put my house on either van Gaal or Mou setting us up to not get thumped and maybe play for a point. I doubt Ole knows how to do that so will set us up as he always does and we’ll get absolutely battered

It’s going to be £#%&!ing awful.
I’m braced for it. Anything not that will be a bonus.

Pisses me off that we NEVER @#%&!ted them at Anfield on our pomp. Not once. We haven’t won there by more than two or scored four times there in my lifetime.

I’ve seen Liverpool score four at OT twice and win 3-0 once.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:27 PM
dunk

First thing Ole did when he took over was sort the defence IIRC. Pretty sure his first full season we had one of the best defensive records in the league.

£#%&! knows what’s gone wrong, would probably help if the players could stop doing £#%&!ing stupid, amateurish shit. There is no way on Earth anything Ole has told them/not told them is an excuse for conceding 15 seconds after scoring.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:31 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
First thing Ole did when he took over was sort the defence IIRC. Pretty sure his first full season we had one of the best defensive records in the league.

£#%&! knows what’s gone wrong, would probably help if the players could stop doing £#%&!ing stupid, amateurish shit. There is no way on Earth anything Ole has told them/not told them is an excuse for conceding 15 seconds after scoring.
Well, this is the age old argument of players v managers in terms of blame. I’m always in the camp of the buck stopping with the manager. A rare, isolated error, ok, but continuous issues come down to management. And he’s not new. 3 years into a job and a team is a reflection of their manager. If individuals are always making mistakes, then that’s on the boss IMO.

Unread 16-10-2021, 09:32 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He will be like this with every manager though.
Closed Thread