United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
A vote of confidence so soon after the game…

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...900938758?s=21
As long as a manager is still employed by a club he’s always 100% secure until he’s gone

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:41 PM
marlo

the problem is not pogba, Ronaldo or any other usual suspect.

your favourite villain Fred didn’t even play today.

the problem is the manager as all our big names played well for their national teams in the week.

we have a manager with no plan, no tactics and that is what is costing us.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

"as things stand" - hmmmm.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

the problem is the manager as all our big names played well for their national teams in the week.

We should all be big enough to admit that this is spot on.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

If the rest of the team were playing brilliant and it was one guy messing up every week -then we could point to them.

But it's everyone. It's quite obvious there is something fundamentally wrong with how we approach games.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

I think there is a unanimous consensus that ole needs to go right now . Players are also to blame. Idiot decision making , de gea under hitting the pass , maguire waiting for the ball to come.

I don’t even want to get into any of the other goals, the manager is at fault but the players shouldn’t get off Scott free.

On the case of your favourite player, for the wages he is on he just isn’t consistent enough. It’s not an ole thing, he had the same problems under Jose, a manager at the other end of the scale . I hope he doesn’t sign a new deal and I hope he leaves in the summer along with ole.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Why?

No manager’s job should be 100% secure. Are we basically saying that we don’t care how bad it gets or that we don’t have standards anymore?

What if we lose on Wednesday? Then Liverpool run in four against us,

Still 100%?

This season is already badly derailing from all the optimism of just a few weeks ago. We’ve always had flaws, but they’re now worse than ever and our good points aren’t even apparent. We’re as bad right now as more or less any point in his tenure. That is not good at all. We don’t even look like a team a few tweaks away, we now look very poor. We’ve played 11 games this season and played well in 2 of them. We’ve been shit when
Winning at Wolves, Villarreal and West Ham too. Our one convincing win was Leeds. We even made hard work of Newcastle.

Ole has done a good job getting us to this point. His heart is in the right place, but he was hired for the good job he did and he should retain Thad position based on the same criteria. Whichever way you spin it, he is doing a poor job and it’s looking increasingly likely that he can’t take this team any further.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:51 PM
tatty

Are the match goers still behind him? Once the booing starts...and it has to soon...then he's a goner.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Are the match goers still behind him? Once the booing starts...and it has to soon...then he's a goner.
I think he’s starting to lose the dressing room. The rashford comments were silly, he gains nothing and only puts pressure on himself and rashford.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
This and the players downing tools will decide it.

The board don’t care and will keep him as long as he wants to be here. Which is forever.

It could turn sour very quickly. My guess is we’ll beat Atalanta. Probably dramatically and mood will lift….then back to reality against Liverpool. He’ll get just enough results to keep the false hope and Wolves from the door.

Meanwhile, our standard and expectation will just steadily decline.

We’ve already tumbled from title hopeful to looking bang average in just eight games.

Unread 16-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This and the players downing tools will decide it.

The board don’t care and will keep him as long as he wants to be here. Which is forever.

It could turn sour very quickly. My guess is we’ll beat Atalanta. Probably dramatically and mood will lift….then back to reality against Liverpool. He’ll get just enough results to keep the false hope and Wolves from the door.

Meanwhile, our standard and expectation will just steadily decline.

We’ve already tumbled from title hopeful to looking bang average in just eight games.
Don’t think so, we have been playing the same way all season , as much as I want us to win , I don’t think he will be able to stumble past, we barely attack and create anything, and haven’t been creating much these past 5 games

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Don’t think so, we have been playing the same way all season , as much as I want us to win , I don’t think he will be able to stumble past, we barely attack and create anything, and haven’t been creating much these past 5 games
We still have spells in games where we play well. On some weeks, that will be enough. Individual talent will only get you so far….but that far might be enough to keep the odd result ticking over. We’ll pull off the odd Villareal, west ham style result to paper over the cracks imo.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
We still have spells in games where we play well. On some weeks, that will be enough. Individual talent will only get you so far….but that far might be enough to keep the odd result ticking over. We’ll pull off the odd Villareal, west ham style result to paper over the cracks imo.
I want to know how they consistently shoot themselves in the foot. I get it’s a mentality they need to have but at the highest level of football , you can’t be doing that . I get screamed at 5 a side if I took the time And made the mistake. Maguire did today.

Same with Fred a few weeks back letting his player go on the counter. The mistakes seem so basic . The defending on the set pieces today, players left unmarked , not winning the first ball.

Wtf was AWB doing after kickoff just stay on your feet and usher it out, then The Scottish Player (and I think lingard) try closing down but literally make it easy for him , lindelof or maguire then needs to shout and realise there’s only two Leicester players in the box and they need to cut the line to vardy. I get I am microanalysing and you can probably do that to every football goal scored but basic errors , consistently at this level. It’s more than just coaching, it has to be. You shouldn’t have to be a coached into not doing the basics at the highest level of professional football

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:08 PM
westcoastvan

It's obvious Brendan Roger's formation got the better of Ole.

The 5 midfielders shut down Pogba, who despite being a world class talent, is also a defensive liability that they exploited.

The wing backs particularly on the third goal put a lot of pressure on the defense, and United's defending in the box on corners & free kicks is abysmal...and that comes down to coaching.

Finally, United's brief equalizer was an uninspired goal tactically (long balling to Rashford on the counterattack) typical Ole strategy.

Ole would make a great manager for Crystal Palace, but everyone on this forum who has played football for some length of time, must know he's not capable of taking United to the next level.

Get ready for the return of Fred & The Scottish Player against Liverpool. That's been his lifeline in the past.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I want to know how they consistently shoot themselves in the foot. I get it’s a mentality they need to have but at the highest level of football , you can’t be doing that . I get screamed at 5 a side if I took the time And made the mistake. Maguire did today.

Same with Fred a few weeks back letting his player go on the counter. The mistakes seem so basic . The defending on the set pieces today, players left unmarked , not winning the first ball.

Wtf was AWB doing after kickoff just stay on your feet and usher it out, then The Scottish Player (and I think lingard) try closing down but literally make it easy for him , lindelof or maguire then needs to shout and realise there’s only two Leicester players in the box and they need to cut the line to vardy. I get I am microanalysing and you can probably do that to every football goal scored but basic errors , consistently at this level. It’s more than just coaching, it has to be. You shouldn’t have to be a coached into not doing the basics at the highest level of professional football
No, you’re not over-analysing. There are clear errors and horrendous goals conceded on more or less a weekly basis.

Southampton - own goal
West hAm - nobody picking up the man on the edge of the box
Young boys - Lingard
Newcastle - wide open on the counter
Everton - same
Villa - set piece
Today - no words for how bad.

Not to mention a handball to concede a penalty in the 93rd minute and our keeper making crucial saves from countless chances we concede.

All within two months of the season.

It’s alarming.

And the other sides we aspire to catch don’t do that. Liverpool have conceded in just three games. Chelsea are airtight. City haven’t conceded a goal at home.

And each error is more baffling as you think we’d learn. The silly part of me thinks we’ll improve and stop it.

I don’t let football get to me as much these days, but I was absolutely livid with that first goal today. To be that casual, that careless at such a key time, in such a big game is unforgivable…. And every week we have to listen “we must improve” - yeah. We £#%&!ing know. Stop apologising. Stop saying you’ll improve. I don’t want to hear a peep out of anyone this week or hear a thing about ‘bouncing back’. Just get on with it and improve.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:18 PM
silv

Quote:
No, you’re not over-analysing. There are clear errors and horrendous goals conceded on more or less a weekly basis.

Southampton - own goal
Young boys - Lingard
Everton - same
Villa - set piece

Not to mention a handball to concede a penalty in the 93rd minute and our keeper making crucial saves from countless chances we concede.

It’s alarming.

And the other sides we aspire to catch don’t do that. Liverpool have conceded in just three games. Chelsea are airtight. City haven’t conceded a goal at home.

And each error is more baffling as you think we’d learn. The silly part of me thinks we’ll improve and stop it.

I don’t let football get to me as much these days, but I was absolutely livid with that first goal today. To be that casual, that careless at such a key time, in such a big game is unforgivable…. And every week we have to listen “we must improve” - yeah. We £#%&!ing know. Stop apologising. Stop saying you’ll improve. I don’t want to hear a peep out of anyone this week or hear a thing about ‘bouncing back’. Just get on with it and improve.
If the manager has no fear factor whatsoever then it’s bound to creep in

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:18 PM
ryanMUFC

He doesn’t have a £#%&!ing clue.

Literally the same excuses every time. He’s a nice guy but he’s incompetent as a manager, there’s no other way around it.

If you’re asking who else is out there, you’re missing the point.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:23 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Southampton - own goal
Young boys - Lingard
Everton - same
Villa - set piece

It’s alarming.

It’s almost on autopilot now. The PR teams probably have the messages ready before full time. The other thing is why our full backs struggle to put in good crosses 9/10 so much is over hit or under hit.

We are at a pivotal point . Sack now and save the season or sack later and trip till the summer . If we sack now they’ll put in an interim , not sign a player in jan and we have to wait till the summer.

If they sack in dec, in theory it gives them a month or so to look at candidates ( like the board are proactive and would ever do that).

I’m close to just not caring any more, it takes too much energy to properly give a shit knowing the club is rotten top to bottom . I do think ole will leave the squad much better than when he inherited it but we will be resetting unless you get in an attacking coach and let’s be honest nobody is out there. They won’t go unproven again or anyone with potential and all the “big names “ are at clubs which we just won’t pay the compensation for. We could be in big trouble for this season if things aren’t acted up.

If it were me, I would give him the next run of games just to give myself time to look for a manager, there’s no point sacking him today and not having a replacement in mind.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

I wouldn’t argue with Giggs being given a go.. till the end of the season.
Every chance he might end up serving a custodial sentence .. till the end of the season. Or even beyond.

Unread 16-10-2021, 08:34 PM
Euston70

Unhappy Ollie has to go

After the debacle at Leicester, it shows that Ollie has no plan B. How could he not take off Matic and Ronaldo at half time. Once again waited until we behind before making any changes. As I have said before, Ronaldo was going to be a liability.
Closed Thread