United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:50 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Hope Ronnie tells Ole to take a walk and does the half-time %@#$&!ing. I just can’t picture Ole expressing any kind of anger.
Bit hard to motivate them with tears streaming down your cheeks.

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Sparky***

The ease that Leicester just pass through us. Just get their heads up and play it straight through our midfield.

City and Liverpool are going to hammer us.

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He can’t be fit.
He’s been doing it all season. He just isn’t that good. Never has been. Better than what we have, but he’s been shit all season.

I am so sick of seeing the same mistakes born out of sheer laziness.

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s been rushed back for sure. Poor management if so.
Draws a line under Bailly’s United career though.

He’s been lethargic and carthorse like all season tbf, seems to do something along those lines in every game so far. Rushed back for England. Rushing him back again for today can’t be good

Yet again, we’re on top, ahead and starting to turn the screw a bit and we do something monumentally stupid to give the lead and impetus away. Infuriating.

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Sorry but this just simply isn’t good enough
3 years on from taking over and we still look like a bunch of strangers on the pitch
Leicester like most teams we play seem to know what they are doing and play as a team….a Leicester team that was frankly outplayed by Palace in their last game

We scored from a moment of individual brilliance and we might win this from a moment of individual brilliance but this approach isn’t going to get us anywhere

Maguire has been awful and he’s had a poor start to the season but no way do I think he’s fit to play
Think Ole has forced him out there with the Varane injury

At the very least we need more energy in the 2nd half
They are first to every 50/50 ball

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:56 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Lethargic poor performance punctuated by a moment of individual brilliance. Every week.
Don't know how some can't see this. We've been a shambles, again. Individual brilliance from Greenwood gave us a temporary reprieve out of nothing.

No way did Tielemans mean that goal either

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:58 PM
My Name is Heath

Missed first half apart from seeing Greenwood's goal as I passed Wimpy.

Imagine my shock as I caught up on the first half on here

Edit: can you believe a fast food place can show live EPL games here

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
3 years on from taking over and we still look like a bunch of strangers on the pitch
Leicester like most teams we play seem to know what they are doing and play as a team….a Leicester team that was frankly outplayed by Palace in their last game

We scored from a moment of individual brilliance and we might win this from a moment of individual brilliance but this approach isn’t going to get us anywhere

Maguire has been awful and he’s had a poor start to the season but no way do I think he’s fit to play

Exactly right my friend. 3 years. Not months.

Unread 16-10-2021, 02:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Spending £75m on a right winger and playing him on the left wing is so Ole.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:00 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not really much to undermine, we’ve been shit.

I’m starting to think Boyle sanctioned the Sancho signing just to get that £#%&!ing song back in the stands.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:01 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Spending £75m on a right winger and playing him on the left wing is so Ole.
rashford is raring to go, though. raring.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Yep.

Three years in and we have never looked less coherent as a team. We are just an aimless mess, elevated by individual brilliance. It’s embarrassing how difficult we make games with the talent we have out there.

Every game this season barring Leeds has been a mess, even if we’ve come out of the right end of it. We might still today, but it misses point. You can’t go into every game each week as
Chaotic and casual as we do.

Given the points we’ve thrown away this season in the manner we have, that goal is an utter disgrace. The lack of awarness, urgency and any sense of danger, at such a crucial time in a big match is unforgivable.

I watched Liverpool earlier. It’s depressing to compare us, but everything they do has urgency, purpose, they don’t £#%&! about, they know their roles. They take the shortest route to hurt teams. When they lose it, they hunt you down. They won every 50/50. They had players missing and all the excuses we can roll out each week if they needed them, but they didn’t. It’s laughable to think there were people saying we’d finish above them.

We can point at the midfield and we all know it’s an issue, but we look worse than we have at points in his tenure with a much worse squad than this. I don’t think it’s too much to ask that we look something like a team, despite needing a new midfielder after three years.. Are we just saying he basically needs the perfect squad before we can expect any kind of cohesion? Have tje indivuals we’ve signed this summer made the TEAM better? No. We look the same or maybe worse. It doesn’t matter who you sign if there’s no plan and we look an absolute mess. Every week.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:05 PM
AK14

Their goal

Shit from Maguire and Dave

Maguire and Shaw have been awful so far this season… no doubt a hangover from the euros.

Would be a pleasant surprise if we turn this around and come away with all three points but I can’t see it. Same problems game after game…

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Their goal

Maguire and Shaw have been awful so far this season… no doubt a hangover from the euros.

Would be a pleasant surprise if we turn this around and come away with all three points but I can’t see it. Same problems game after game…
We just go toe-to-toe with teams every week. No control. It’s just back and forth, chaotic and messy. Good teams don’t do that.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:08 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Their goal

I’d not look at the keeper there, it’s a fluke that would outfox most if not all.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’d not look at the keeper there, it’s a fluke that would outfox most if not all.
Was a cross nqat. Typical that it goes where it did at the moment though

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We just go toe-to-toe with teams every week. No control. It’s just back and forth, chaotic and messy. Good teams don’t do that.
If this was FIFA, we look like we’re still trying to figure out the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was a cross nqat. Typical that it goes where it did at the moment though
Please don’t stoop to suggesting that we are any way unlucky.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:11 PM
tatty

The benefits of trying to play through the press can't be outweighing the number of goals we concede through our inability to do it properly.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If this was FIFA, we look like we’re still trying to figure out the controls.

Please don’t stoop to suggesting that we are any way unlucky.
Unlucky, no, but it’s a bit ‘if it can go wrong it will’ atm.

Unread 16-10-2021, 03:13 PM
Sparky***

Lindelof

No composure at all. Chaotic mess.