United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:49 AM
Sparky***

United's owners getting rattled there along with the other perennial also-rans.

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:51 AM
dunk

Because first Chelsea, then City and PSG have completely £#%&!ed their plans/business plan by constantly increasing competition, wages and transfer fees. The last thing they need is another club doing it.

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:53 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Because first Chelsea, then City and PSG have completely £#%&!ed their plans/business plan by constantly increasing competition, wages and transfer fees. The last thing they need is another club doing it.
Tough shit isn't it. Remember when we used to embrace a challenge?

No point in trying to challenge any more when top 4 will do eh?

No idea what the £#%&!ing complaints are about. There's £#%&! all anyone can do about it - it's happened. So maybe, instead of cry arsing to the premier league about Newcastle - maybe we should try running our football club better and try winning some games.

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:54 AM
dunk

There’s a challenge and there’s basically an impossible ask. Battling against clubs with infinite wealth while operating as a viable business is a hiding to nothing tbh.

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
There’s a challenge and there’s basically an impossible ask. Battling against clubs with infinite wealth while operating as a viable business is a hiding to nothing tbh.
Liverpool have managed it.

We've spent enough money, we've just spent it badly.

"biggest club in the world we are ....oh no don't challenge us for top 4"

£#%&!ing pathetic.

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:59 AM
dunk

Liverpool have managed it for now, largely thanks to Barca bankrolling them with stupid money for transfers.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Liverpool have managed it for now, largely thanks to Barca bankrolling them with stupid money for transfers.
And the fact they've got a top, top manager.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And the fact they've got a top, top manager.
He’s doing a Fergie for them atm, nqat. It will hit the wall soon though and they’ll be £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:44 AM
AK14

Quote:
He’s doing a Fergie for them atm, nqat. It will hit the wall soon though and they’ll be £#%&!ed.
I was promised this last year…

Not looking likely at the moment though.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I was promised this last year…

Not looking likely at the moment though.
It happened last year tbf, they’ve re-upped on the drugs tho.

Need a catalyst to start the rot. Salah £#%&!ing off on the cheap would be a decent start. He constantly pulls them out of the shit, when he does it it’s part of Klopp’s plan though, anyone at OT does it and we’re relying on individual moments of brilliance once again.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:51 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/stat...07445310980097

United's owners getting rattled there along with the other perennial also-rans.
"What the actual £#%&!..they're putting money in?!"

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
It happened last year tbf, they’ve re-upped on the drugs tho.

Need a catalyst to start the rot. Salah £#%&!ing off on the cheap would be a decent start. He constantly pulls them out of the shit, when he does it it’s part of Klopp’s plan though, anyone at OT does it and we’re relying on individual moments of brilliance once again.
Newcastle to buy Salah for 200m on the cards…

They’ll then rebuild their whole squad and buy even better asthma pumps

Doooooooom!

£#%&!ing hate football at the moment tbh.

Unread 13-10-2021, 11:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Newcastle to buy Salah for 200m on the cards…

They’ll then rebuild their whole squad and buy even better asthma pumps

Doooooooom!

£#%&!ing hate football at the moment tbh.
I’m here to tell you it’s only going to get worse

I’m getting a whiff of Salah running his deal down and pushing for a cheap move to Spain tbh.

When City fist got monies, they targeted the players of clubs above them they felt they could weaken/usurp. Newcastle appear to be targeting Henderson, Bailly, Lingard, Beeky and Martial if we could raise £200m from that lot we might actually buy a midfielder

Unread 13-10-2021, 07:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Liverpool have managed it.
For now, yeah. Newcastle will make it more difficult for them too.

Unread 14-10-2021, 09:53 AM
jem

if newcastle are really after timo werner and philippe coutinho, I think we can afford not to worry about them for a good while yet.

Unread 14-10-2021, 01:32 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if newcastle are really after timo werner and philippe coutinho, I think we can afford not to worry about them for a good while yet.
I’d be wary of being too dismissive of the early signings.

Their turnover of players is going to be incredible over the next few windows and, whilst it will obviously be incremental in terms of quality, they will get there quickly imo.

Players like Werner and Coutinho will be discarded within months...probably to us.

Unread 14-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Watch out, Ole

Unread 15-10-2021, 08:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I’d be wary of being too dismissive of the early signings.

Their turnover of players is going to be incredible over the next few windows and, whilst it will obviously be incremental in terms of quality, they will get there quickly imo.

Players like Werner and Coutinho will be discarded within months...probably to us.
I think people are getting way ahead of themselves. Everyone has money at the moment and it doesn't guarantee you success. Half the players aren't gonna wanna live in Newcastle and the only players they will sign in the coming years are players whose clubs don't want. Granted the wages are gonna help land some big names but they aren't going to be another City and start sweeping up...

Unread 15-10-2021, 09:19 AM
Stickman

I think it will take them a very long time to win the league tbh

They need to nail sporting director and managerial appointments over next 5 years to get close IMO.

Unread 15-10-2021, 09:23 AM
Denis Irwell

Money doesn’t guarantee success….. tick

Half the players aren’t going to want to live in Newcastle/London/Liverpool /Madrid. …….. tick

Players clubs don’t want, …… what? Like Aguero etc etc etc

Wages are gonna help …. Guaranteed

A half decent manager will see them achieve what Ciddy have. At least.

Maybe Ole, Arteta, Brendan etc will become the next ferie. Pep and Klopp will take their wedge back home and retire.
Closed Thread