Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ole out
Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-10-2021, 10:49 AM
ryanMUFC

Serious question.. Would Steve Bruce do a better job at United than Solskjaer?

He’s experienced (in managing shit teams).

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:21 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Serious question.. Would Steve Bruce do a better job at United than Solskjaer?

He’s experienced (in managing shit teams).
no, we need coaching, not managing. I haven't studied bruce's history of timely and relevant substitutions, though. and how much does he hate fred?

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:37 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no, we need coaching, not managing. I haven't studied bruce's history of timely and relevant substitutions, though. and how much does he hate fred?
The forum or the player?

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:37 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Whenever there’s a whisper or questions asked of players/coaches, the club runs in as quickly as possible an offers new long term contracts to all those that are having questions asked of them.

Woody

It’s genuinely unbelievable how badly we’re run.
Think you’re a bit confused pal, they’re businessmen. They obviously know more than some scruffs on the internet.

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:38 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Think you’re a bit confused pal, they’re businessmen. They obviously know more than some scruffs on the internet.
More than that, they have different priorities to us.
If we owned the club, the priority would be on-field success.
Theirs is in the bank success.

Unread 12-10-2021, 11:49 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
More than that, they have different priorities to us.
If we owned the club, the priority would be on-field success.
Theirs is in the bank success.
They have made countless, inexplicably terrible, business decisions that anyone with half a brain could spot a mile off. Anyone looking to maximize their revenues wouldn’t have made any of the following decisions:

Six year deal for Moyes
Letting Woodward dictate transfer decisions
Jones 5 year deal
Managing to sell Di Maria at a loss to a sovereign wealth fund
Sanchez
Extending Mou’s contract six months before the end of his second season

I’ll stop now. Every club makes bad decisions but no club makes as many self inflicted, utterly avoidable catastrophic decisions as we do. The line about business men know what they’re doing was %@#$&!s in ‘05 and it’s %@#$&!s today.

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:00 PM
jem

Quote:
they know how to put money in their own pockets, not how to run a business.

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Moot point as it's been said 1000 times and published in his book, fergie picked Moyes and convinced him on the quiet not to sign his Everton renewal.......

Moyes is eternally on fergie..

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:07 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Moot point as it's been said 1000 times and published in his book, fergie picked Moyes and convinced him on the quiet not to sign his Everton renewal.......

Correct. Sadly.

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
they know how to put money in their own pockets, not how to run a business.
Well yes, but they would have more to put in their pocket if they weren’t rank incompetent. As for Moyes, Fergie may have picked him (hello, rank incompetence) but he didn’t draw up a six year contract (hello, again).

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:13 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
He will be under even more pressure now Newcastle have been taken over
Why?

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Well yes, but they would have more to put in their pocket if they weren’t rank incompetent. As for Moyes, Fergie may have picked him (hello, rank incompetence) but he didn’t draw up a six year contract (hello, again).

If the greatest manager in history gives you the name you get a decent contract sorted....

God knows what fergie was telling the suits upstairs but maybe someone should have stepped in re his health and mindset....

There wasn't a fan in the world (maybe RIC and the polish lad with the upside down head) that thought "Jesus, Moyes, David Moyes....."

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:27 PM
puressence

Quote:

as is the owners

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
as is the owners
Possibly mate but I think at full takeover level even fergie doesn't have that much clout....

Yes they want him onside and he could have spoke up, grown up etc, but we're talking big money, big moves....

He was in that sense a very small player in a big pond of cash...

He's deffo not blameless though...

Unread 12-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Possibly mate but I think at full takeover level even fergie doesn't have that much clout....

Yes they want him onside and he could have spoke up, grown up etc, but we're talking big money, big moves....

He was in that sense a very small player in a big pond of cash...

He's deffo not blameless though...
This. No one can say that he could have prevented the take over but he could certainly have influenced it in a more positive way. He’ll always be slighted tainted in my eyes because of the outright support he gave the takeover when he could have remained far more neutral.

My biggest gripe is the club allowing Fergie and Gill to go off together. Again, good businessmen would never advocate such as ridiculous naive succession strategy.

Basically, they’re clueless investors knowledgeable in leveraged buyouts but clueless in actually running businesses. And certainly not football clubs.

Unread 12-10-2021, 01:07 PM
dunk

I get the impression that Fergie’s decision to go came abruptly and was driven by outside factors; hip operation required, death in the family etc. Gill had announced he was going 6 months previous IIRC. Just shite timing. Probably should’ve asked Gill to stay on, the job he did for the club is massively underrated.

Unread 12-10-2021, 01:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I get the impression that Fergie’s decision to go came abruptly and was driven by outside factors; hip operation required, death in the family etc. Gill had announced he was going 6 months previous IIRC. Just shite timing. Probably should’ve asked Gill to stay on, the job he did for the club is massively underrated.
Slight understatement there.

Bat shit mental to let them both go at the same time.

Unread 12-10-2021, 01:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Slight understatement there.

Bat shit mental to let them both go at the same time.
I recall making that point at the time tbh. Everyone hated Gill though, so..

Unread 12-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I recall making that point at the time tbh. Everyone hated Gill though, so..
Tbf they could have replaced Gill with someone qualified

Unread 12-10-2021, 01:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Tbf they could have replaced Gill with someone qualified
Nah, who would ever consider that?
Closed Thread