United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:41 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
They aren't getting any superstar players for 3/4 years yet. Look at city. Sensible buys with the odd wildcard thrown in.
Not so sure. Kane is available, and Barca would sell anybody. Messi not exactly loving Paris. Might fancy Thursday nights at Bigg Market

Fingers crossed they get relegated this season to start them off.

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
They aren't getting any superstar players for 3/4 years yet. Look at city. Sensible buys with the odd wildcard thrown in.
They have to have their Gareth Barry phase first

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:45 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not so sure. Kane is available, and Barca would sell anybody. Messi not exactly loving Paris. Might fancy Thursday nights at Bigg Market

Fingers crossed they get relegated this season to start them off.
Kane

Come on ffs.

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:49 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Good luck to them. Will be far more palatable than seeing City march to Premier League and Champions League wins.

Might make them my second EPL team. United and Newcastle; two clubs, but the soul is one.

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
That’s what I reckon

But I do think they’ll attempt a go gung-ho approach and get burnt pretty badly early on. Hopefully they take a few of our shit@#%&!s off our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Easily pleased pal?
Always

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:55 PM
plopborsky

lingard 88mil

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Pop

Along with untold riches the local talent will be a big draw to the best and most glamorous footballers in the world.

Could easily see her attracting the likes of Leonardo Bonucci to the bright lights of Newcastle.

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Good luck to them. Will be far more palatable than seeing City march to Premier League and Champions League wins.

Might make them my second EPL team. United and Newcastle; two clubs, but the soul is one.

The original United too, howay the toon(orists)

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:11 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Going to take ages to chop Steve Bruce up.
£#%&!s sake

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

The journos will be giving them all glowing write ups now under absolute fear.

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
That’s what I reckon

But I do think they’ll attempt a go gung-ho approach and get burnt pretty badly early on. Hopefully they take a few of our shit@#%&!s off our hands.

Always

Ah, an actual silver lining possibly

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:16 PM
dunk

Thinking about it, after all the shit we’ve given City about ‘any club with that sort of money could do what you’ve done’ the Geordie @#%&!s better get good and quick.

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:42 PM
saffers

£320bn is no joke.

They have a big ground already, passionate fans, history. If City could become a competetive team, no reason why Newcastle can't with even more money.

Future doesn't look good for us.

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:52 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
£320bn is no joke.

They have a big ground already, passionate fans, history. If City could become a competetive team, no reason why Newcastle can't with even more money.

It's £#%&!ing freezing in winter though.

Unread 07-10-2021, 08:53 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
£320bn is no joke.

Unread 07-10-2021, 09:03 PM
magic_cantona

Wonder if Salah (contract up next year and Liverpool are dragging their heels) will be one of the bigger names they land? He's an Arab, it makes perfect sense. I'd love that to happen.

Unread 07-10-2021, 09:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
In the first 4 seasons after the takeover, pre-FFP, City spent more than United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea combined, I believe, unprecedented investment. Newcastle won’t be able to do that. Going to take them a decade imo.

Unread 07-10-2021, 10:05 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In the first 4 seasons after the takeover, pre-FFP, City spent more than United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea combined, I believe, unprecedented investment. Newcastle won’t be able to do that. Going to take them a decade imo.
Nothing a few state backed sponsors won’t sort out. Theyl spend big and they’ll spend big from them start. They can pretty much do what they want. They’re backed by probably the richest state in the world. Nothing a few brown envelopes can’t sort out.

Unread 07-10-2021, 10:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Is FFP a big concern when your not even in Europe?

The Saudi’s welcomed with open arms by English football
Modern day football falls ever further into the gutter

Unread 07-10-2021, 10:26 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Is FFP a big concern when your not even in Europe?

The Saudi’s welcomed with open arms by English football
Modern day football falls ever further into the gutter
It’s sickening

Shearer, Given and even Robbo on sky sports saying how much of great day it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Wonder if Salah (contract up next year and Liverpool are dragging their heels) will be one of the bigger names they land? He's an Arab, it makes perfect sense. I'd love that to happen.
Typically that would be the dippers luck

Newcastle throwing them hundreds of millions this summer to land him and they go out and freshen up their squad…

Basically what Barca did for them when they signed Coutinho.
Closed Thread