United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-10-2021, 06:27 PM
jem

can't believe people are wondering why ronaldo didn't start or having a go at shaw. it's the midfield, stupid.

Unread 02-10-2021, 06:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it's the midfield, stupid.
Very much so.

Unread 02-10-2021, 06:41 PM
75Red

I was at the match so have only just seen him grinning right near the end, thanks to Twitter. Awful way for any United manager to behave after a poor game and a string of mediocre results.

I can't pick any one of them on that pitch today who put in a decent performance.
We're in trouble. I think we're likely to get a battering from either Liverpool or City, or both.
The atmosphere in my bit of the ground started off optimistic but by 60 minutes supporters round me were getting frustrated.

If he stays, can any of you realistically see how we can improve from here?

Unread 02-10-2021, 06:57 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I don't rate Fred lads.
Huge shout. Brave even.

Unread 02-10-2021, 06:57 PM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
I was at the match so have only just seen him grinning right near the end, thanks to Twitter. Awful way for any United manager to behave after a poor game and a string of mediocre results.

I can't pick any one of them on that pitch today who put in a decent performance.
We're in trouble. I think we're likely to get a battering from either Liverpool or City, or both.
The atmosphere in my bit of the ground started off optimistic but by 60 minutes supporters round me were getting frustrated.

If he stays, can any of you realistically see how we can improve from here?
He won’t get sacked but I think he’s taken us as far as he can. The players constantly look like they have been drugged, and not in a good way. It’s all so pedestrian, we just cannot seem to exorcise the slow sideways rubbish brought in under previous regimes. So we’re playing too slow, l know l’ll bring Pogba on, he’ll get them going.

The season could turn sour very quickly, McFred

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I don't rate Fred lads.
I know we’ve lost some top quality posters over the last few years that’s brought the overall quality of the forum down but that’s a bit harsh

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
He won’t get sacked but I think he’s taken us as far as he can. The players constantly look like they have been drugged, and not in a good way. It’s all so pedestrian, we just cannot seem to exorcise the slow sideways rubbish brought in under previous regimes. So we’re playing too slow, l know l’ll bring Pogba on, he’ll get them going.

The season could turn sour very quickly, McFred
The speed of the play infuriates me. Every instance is one touch too many, one second too long. Even with simple passes of 5-10 yards. Full backs to centre halves, midfielders to their partner. Everything a beat or a touch slower than it needs to be.

We make things very complicated and yet we can’t do simple things.

Look at the goal. It’s a good ball from Greenwood but it works because we spread the play. Quickly. Then a ball out wide again. Quickly. Then Everton have a problem.

We so often don’t do this. We’re always trying to engineer chances in little pockets of space, with tight, needlessly intricate play. That, or we go to the other extreme and just move the ball across the pitch with no urgency or progression.

We’re terrible without the ball and not much better with it.

it’s not getting any better either. These are the kinds of displays I’d expect from a talented teams whose manager hasn’t been there long enough to get his message across. This is Ole’s third full season and we look no more cohesive. Personnel and team sprit has improved, but we don’t look any better coached.

He keeps saying it’s ‘things we need to work on’. Then work on it. Get better at it. The goal against Newcastle was something to work on. Then it happened again today…. Still working on it, then?

The solution seems to be freshening things up and personnel changes from the bench. That’s it. That’s our plan.

We gain no momentum from spirited wins either because it’s not an issue of needing some confidence or a kick start. There’s nothing to kick start. It’s not a group of players that just can’t quite get it right. It’s a group of players who look like they don’t know what to do.

These performances aren’t anomalies either. This has been us all season and for a lot of last season. We are the sum of what we do. And what we do is becoming increasingly average.

Today
Villa
West ham x 2
Wolves
Southampton
Young boys

All draws or won by the odd goal either way. All quite close games. They shouldn’t be. We should be overwhelming teams like that with our talent. Everton were well worth their point today and were missing their front two. Wolves lost their first three games and should have taken something off us. The way we play levels the playing field.

He came out again today and said he trusts his staff and believes well get it right. We need more than belief, Ole. You’ve installed a good spirit, got some better players and some winners…. But now we need you to do YOUR job and be a coach.

I don’t see how it gets any better. I really don’t.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:15 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
I don't rate Fred lads.
I thought he put a shift in. You can see that he almost constantly tries to read the game and get involved.. just not that well.

I think McTominnay went a bit missing and wasn’t getting into spaces and asking for the ball anywhere near as much as he he should have. He rarely got stuck in.

That’s our midfield.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Sparky***

Look at Townsend, the £#%&!ing utter irrelevance. Coming over thinking Ronaldo gives two £#%&!s about his silly celebration. Just £#%&! off and staple some more fake fluff to the top of your thinning hairline you #@&%!.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He was furious. Good.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Look at Townsend, the £#%&!ing utter irrelevance. Coming over thinking Ronaldo gives two £#%&!s about his silly celebration. Just £#%&! off and staple some more fake fluff to the top of your thinning hairline you #@&%!.

https://youtu.be/i_8jIoraTB0
Said his celebration was in honour of Ronaldo, he dreamed of playing with him, copied him ..

"Go away #@&%!"

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:44 PM
Neo

Quote:

https://youtu.be/i_8jIoraTB0
“Notorious winner”.

Something tells me Jermaine Jenas doesn’t quite know the definition of the word ‘notorious’.

Thick @#%&!.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
“Notorious winner”.

Something tells me Jermaine Jenas doesn’t quite know the definition of the word ‘notorious’.

Thick @#%&!.
Thinks he’s smart too. The worst kind of thick @#%&!.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:47 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
“Notorious winner”.

Thick @#%&!.
And it was a draw.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:55 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
“Notorious winner”.

Thick @#%&!.
Same guy who talked about ‘the Glazerships regime’

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:57 PM
Sparky***

Serious teams who go onto challenge for big prizes don't defend like this. They don't make football look this difficult game after game.

Thank god that utter quilt Tom Davies decided to pass rather than just shoot.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Serious teams who go onto challenge for big prizes don't defend like this. They don't make football look this difficult game after game.

Thank god that utter quilt Tom Davies decided to pass rather than just shoot.

https://youtu.be/aIQH5CsH_VM
Oh Christ, don’t make me watch it again ffs.

Unread 02-10-2021, 07:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Oh Christ, don’t make me watch it again ffs.
Geoblocked here. Probably for the best.

Unread 02-10-2021, 08:02 PM
dunk

The midfield. That £#%&!ing midfield. Just diabolical. Can’t defend, can’t keep the ball, can’t get the ball forwards in any way, shape or form.

I complained about it last year, but nearly every pass is wrong; underhit, overhit, just in front, just behind, in the £#%&!ing throat, at the wrong angle to make use of the space. Every £#%&!ing time. There was a period at the end of the 1st half where Greenwood had to stretch to reel in 3 passes on the spin that were simple on the face of it, but just too much for our £#%&!tards. He ended up having to have too many touches to do anything other than lose it or roll it back to the full back. It’s all the £#%&!ing time.

Say what you like about the manager, but some of these £#%&!ers can’t even do the £#%&!ing basics right.

Unread 02-10-2021, 08:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The midfield. That £#%&!ing midfield. Just diabolical. Can’t defend, can’t keep the ball, can’t get the ball forwards in any way, shape or form.

I complained about it last year, but nearly every pass is wrong; undershot, overbuy, just in front, just behind. Every £#%&!ing time. There was a period at the end of the 1st half where Greenwood had to stretch to reel in 3 passes on the spin that were simple on the face of it, but just too much for our £#%&!tards. He ended up having to have too many touches to do anything other than lose it or roll it back to the full back. It’s all the £#%&!ing time.

Say what you like about the manager, but some of these £#%&!ers can’t even do the £#%&!ing basics right.
Basics just about covers it really. We are awful at the basics. Passing, movement into space, awareness of what's going on around them, not doing dumb shit at critical times.