Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ole out
Ole out 60 56.07%
Ole in 47 43.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Absolutely love the man and that will never change.

I love what he’s done in terms of building a potentially exciting side and what he’s done with bringing some style, confidence and there’s been progress since the dull days of Jose. We’re in a much better position as a club and team.

He’s built a good squad….

…. But I don’t believe he has a clue what to do with it.

He was always going to be judged by the highest standards this season because he has the squad to compete, but we look easier to play against than at any other time in his tenure and I have no faith at all that he can get any more out of this team.

We needed a proper title challenge this season. We had the fixtures to lay down a marker and instead, with just seven games gone, title talk is utterly fanciful.

I’ve always thought he might well be ‘the guy before the guy’. The one who sets us up and hands the baton to the next guy.

I think that’s the case.

He won’t be going anywhere any time soon, but I think it’s becoming abundantly clear he can’t get us where we need to be. When the next top manager becomes available, we need to make a move.

Smiling away at the end while Ronnie stormed down the tunnel. Standards.

Ole, thank you, love ya…. But I’m done.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:33 PM
Lok

We need to improve quickly. With this squad there is no excuse not to be competing for the major trophies.

Ole has clearly improved us but it feels he cannot make the next step. Maybe adding a more senior coach would help rather than our bunch of misfits.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:35 PM
Coracao

We are going to piss away another season here as we are not decisive enough.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We need to improve quickly. With this squad there is no excuse not to be competing for the major trophies.

Ole has clearly improved us but it feels he cannot make the next step. Maybe adding a more senior coach would help rather than our bunch of misfits.
Yes, *something* needs to change. The present manager combined with his back up staff is plainly not up to the task.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:39 PM
Hyman_Roth

I’m done. Thought we played better today than we did on weds. But it’s all putting lipstick on a pig.

Just nowhere near good enough - every team we play looks way better, more organised and more dangerous than us. And we’ve only played middle ranking £#%&!ing teams.

Thanks Ole but lates…..

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I’m done. Thought we played better today than we did on weds. But it’s all putting lipstick on a pig.

Just nowhere near good enough - every team we play looks way better, more organised and more dangerous than us. And we’ve only played middle ranking £#%&!ing teams.

Thanks Ole but lates…..
Yeah I'm kind of there. But who should come in?

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Vedder

Needs to £#%&! off now I’ve had enough. Seeing him joking and smiling at the end was £#%&!ing rank proper given me the ‘ick’ that has

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:42 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yeah I'm kind of there. But who should come in?
I honestly don’t know but hopefully someone more informed than me does. We’re going nowhere this season on the evidence so far. Might not make the top 4 at this rate so bullets need to be fired.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:44 PM
MUFC One Love

Love him but its not good enough. Awful again.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Needs to £#%&! off now I’ve had enough. Seeing him joking and smiling at the end was £#%&!ing rank proper given me the ‘ick’ that has
I know its just who he is to a degree, but I doubt if even Gollum would have done that.

ZiggyStardust

It’s going to take a run of really bad results to see Ole binned before the end of the season
We’re just not that ruthless and we still have a CEO to replace before the end of the year so I imagine he’s safe for now

However no one can watch us play regularly and seriously think this coaching staff is anywhere near good enough to see us compete for the league or CL

Trying to compete with Klopp, Pep and Tuchel with Ole is like competing with one hand tied behind our back
It’s a deliberate handicap we are imposing on ourselves

Dr Stranger

Villa
Wolves
Southampton
Young boys
Everton
West Ham

All draws or the odd goal either way. Proper battles and even games. That’s our standard of play right now.

Even our better wins, Leeds and Newcastle, we contrived to concede equalisers and many chances.

The signings have elevated the squad, but not the team.

Opponents know it too. Benitez and Townsend both saying how they knew they’d get chances, just stay in the game.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Out - Tactically inept

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s going to take a run of really bad results to see Ole binned before the end of the season
We’re just not that ruthless and we still have a CEO to replace before the end of the year so I imagine he’s safe for now

However no one can watch us play regularly and seriously think this coaching staff is anywhere near good enough to see us compete for the league or CL

Trying to compete with Klopp, Pep and Tuchel with Ole is like competing with one hand tied behind our back
Richie Arnold our best hope of salvaging the season

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

However no one can watch us play regularly and seriously think this coaching staff is anywhere near good enough to compete for the league or CL

Trying to compete with Klopp, Pep and Tuchel with Ole is like competing with one hand behind our back
Yep, he’s not going anywhere bad a disasterous run and real turn in the dressing room and/or crowd

You can feel the crowd anxiety. It’s building. There’s real expectation again and it has to be matched.

As for the players, they’re on board for now, but for all the talk for big personalities like Varane and Ronaldo…. Well, that cuts both ways and if you don’t meet their expectations then they will turn on you.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:48 PM
Ronny

With Woody stepping down to be replaced by another novice, Ole's job is safe no matter what.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:49 PM
believe

Signing Ronaldo might end up being the worst thing he’s done.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
With Woody stepping down to be replaced by another novice, Ole's job is safe no matter what.
They will act sooner rather than later if things carry on as they are, don't forget they still expect a top 4 finish from us.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Signing Ronaldo might end up being the worst thing he’s done.
you can’t be playing the way we are with the GOAT up top. It’s really embarrassing.

Unread 02-10-2021, 03:05 PM
Buck

I'm sure he has enough goodwill in the bank to not be in imminent danger of being sacked. And I'm not talking about his pedigree of being a club legend as a player which some are using as the rationale for him still being in the job but the fact he has done a very good rebuilding job. It is probably a case of laying the foundations for the next manager but he has reshaped this squad and met the targets set. I understand that it sounds like lowering the standards but he is the first manager post Ferguson to secure back to back top four finishes which requires a modicum of consistency. Reckon that will buy him until at least Christmas unless there is a player revolt. Which doesn't look the case because there is no indication he's lost respect among them as there clearly was with the last manager.
Closed Thread