Lukaku 4 7.02%
Martial 10 17.54%
A.N.Other 7 12.28%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20-12-2023, 08:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Tempted to go Owen, but the single redeeming factor was the absolute seethe from the scousers when he won his only title with us. They hate him more than we do

Can't be lukaku, at least he actually scored goals. Di Maria was a ridiculously poor signing but we got some money back.

Sanchez was absolute turd
And 99% of us were absolutely buzzing he'd signed (I was). But yeah, clear quite early that he wasn't a United player. Dogshit.

Unread 20-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Dacter

Mame Biram Diouf was rather toilet

Unread 21-12-2023, 03:03 AM
tatty

Garry.

Unread 21-12-2023, 06:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Ron was worse...
True.

But I’ll raise you: Alan Foggon and Tommy Baldwin.

Both Tommy Doc specials.

Remember being up at Roker Park. Freezing winters day in Div2, and as the players came out of the tunnel, being horrified at this pear shaped vision that emerged, looking like my mate’s dad, complete with fully installed beer gut. Tommy Baldwin, one of the Doc’s old boys from Chelsea. Didn’t even know we’d signed him a couple of days before. Made Weggy look like Maradonna. Deary me.
I think both he and Foggon must’ve been signed as back up for Pancho, who didn’t have the best injury record. Think they each played about twice for us.

The shame.

Unread 21-12-2023, 07:26 AM
Coracao

If we are judging on actual output and what was expected of the player, Owen is nowhere near the worst. Brought in as what, 4th choice ? 17 goals, one every 111 minutes.

Last minute winner in the Derby and a goal in a cup final.

Would take someone like him now tbf

Forlan is probably one of the worst I've seen who played regularly. Was comedy at times. Martial has been an astronomical waste of money as well.

Lukaku did what was expected. Scored goals at above 1 in 2 (per 90) but not good enough with the rest of his game and got a fair whack back for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
And 99% of us were absolutely buzzing he'd signed (I was). But yeah, clear quite early that he wasn't a United player. Dogshit.
His legs seem to give up on him. He was most definitely a Utd type player at his peak. Was horrid at Utd though. Same as Schweinsteiger really.

Unread 21-12-2023, 07:31 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If we are judging on actual output and what was expected of the player, Owen is nowhere near the worst. Brought in as what, 4th choice ? 17 goals, one every 111 minutes.

Last minute winner in the Derby and a goal in a cup final.

Would take someone like him now tbf

Forlan is probably one of the worst I've seen who played regularly. Was comedy at times. Martial has been an astronomical waste of money as well.

Lukaku did what was expected. Scored goals at above 1 in 2 (per 90) but not good enough with the rest of his game and got a fair whack back for him.
Hate to agree, but I do agree. He's a boring dipper #@&%!, but he was a non-entity. Easily forgotten that he ever played for us.

In terms of failed expectations and being an utter #@&%!, then Di Maria wins my vote easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di Maria
"I didn't give a f*** about the Manchester United No.7. At first they talked to me a lot about it... it was just a shirt."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Bulka
"Di Maria hates Manchester United. He has no good memory of the time he spent there. In fact, when something related to Manchester United appears on television, the channel quickly changes."
If the No.7 shirt is cursed, then this piece of shit started it.

The others on this list at least looked like they wanted to play football for us, other than Martial obvs.

Unread 21-12-2023, 07:45 AM
Medlock

Agree it really should be Di Maria. He was an absolute worm. Was great when Young smashed him into the fence at OT
However, i still cant look beyond Lukaku's two 'assists' against city in 2017 and him Lukakuing his chance for redemption in the last minute of last season's Champion's League final

Unread 21-12-2023, 07:48 AM
believe

I’d say di Maria if he was a striker.

Unread 21-12-2023, 07:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’d say di Maria if he was a striker.
Thought he was a strange inclusion.

Worst winger ever would be a strong poll.

Di Maria, Sanchez, Antony, Depay, Sancho, Bebe....