United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:10 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Martial is one of the most baffling things I’ve seen at United. He’s offered nothing in years and years. Spectacularly lazy, going through the motions and paid zillions. United used to have standards
This is the biggest area of concern I have with EtH. Giving him a start last night, or involving him in any way - what has he actually shown to say he deserves it? Any time he plays or comes on, he's static. He can't trap or control a ball, he's slow, tired looking, disinterested. It's engaging.

Shouldn't ever put the shirt on again, whoever the manager is.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:26 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
This is the biggest area of concern I have with EtH. Giving him a start last night, or involving him in any way - what has he actually shown to say he deserves it? Any time he plays or comes on, he's static. He can't trap or control a ball, he's slow, tired looking, disinterested. It's engaging.

Shouldn't ever put the shirt on again, whoever the manager is.
True but I assume ETH felt that Hojlund needed a rest. The real baffling thing, for me, is to allow the club to start the season with only one 20-year old striker in the squad. For all of Martial's unacceptable laziness and attitude, he was always ok with played on the left and it was only when we put in the middle (what 3-4 years old now?) that he turned to utter shite. Those two missed headers last night alone showed that he is never a striker. Neither is Rashford. It is completely unacceptable for the club to have let the squad get into such a mess.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:41 AM
Parlabane

As others have said, I suspect he was told that Greenwood was coming back, hence thinking he could get away with only signing Hojlund - Martial kept incase of dire emergency

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:46 AM
larry

so once again it all comes back to rachel riley

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:51 AM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Martial even playing tonight summed up everything that is now wrong with this club.

Incredibly, even at the start of this season certain people were still waxing lyrical about his "potential"
You made that up didn't you?

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
You made that up didn't you?
He probably meant as a potential match winner rather than future potential and yes, I feel dirty saying that l but he has, in the past shown an ability to conjure up a goal but… I honestly think he’s just a bit £#%&!ing simple. Like Rashford, he’s a cowardly £#%&!er that won’t stand up and be a striker - too much expectation for the @#%&!. He’d rather lessen the expectations and shoot through a packed defence rather than pass to a team mate or in anyway show some connection with other forwards. The @#%&! would rather go for his own glory and run into four defenders than pick out Hojlund begging for a tap in

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:28 AM
wiganste

Not too arsed about going out of the cup. It was the manner of it that pissed me off.

Dalot is the worst right back in the league. It comes as no shock they target him every time and mostly have success against him. But he waves his arms around and fires up the fans. SHITE

The fact that we still have to use Maguire and Lindelof at the back speaks volumes. Casemiro is finished. Martial needs turning into glue.

Rotten from top to bottom

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:43 AM
suedeshoes

Martial last night looked like he'd never played football before and didn't know what to do. He should never play for United again but I've said that every time he's 'played' for the last 5 years.

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:58 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Martial last night looked like he'd never played football before and didn't know what to do. He should never play for United again but I've said that every time he's 'played' for the last 5 years.
His contract is up next summer thank £#%&!ing christ.

Unread 02-11-2023, 11:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not far off being here a decade incredible grifting tbf
Seen off four managers/interims already and has his eye on a fifth.

What a life. getting paid hundreds of thousands a week to do £#%&! all. He's probably as confused as we are when he gets picked for games.

"Me boss? You sure?"

Unread 02-11-2023, 12:08 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
His contract is up next summer thank £#%&!ing christ.
Will probably get an extra year

Unread 02-11-2023, 12:09 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Not too arsed about going out of the cup. It was the manner of it that pissed me off.

Dalot is the worst right back in the league. It comes as no shock they target him every time and mostly have success against him. But he waves his arms around and fires up the fans. SHITE

The fact that we still have to use Maguire and Lindelof at the back speaks volumes. Casemiro is finished. Martial needs turning into glue.

Rotten from top to bottom
Normally wouldn’t be arsed to go out of that but it was the only comp we had a vague chance in.

The season’s now 100% over - the players and fans all know it which is another reason everything around the club feels dead.

Unread 02-11-2023, 12:31 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Not far off being here a decade incredible grifting tbf
He is literally the opposite of imposter syndrome

Might start calling it Martial Syndrome - when you’re convinced you’re great when you’re really shit.

Unread 02-11-2023, 01:56 PM
guerreiro

Normally enjoy a good bit of doom, but this is all getting a bit too much.

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Will probably get an extra year
People will moan he wasn’t treated well.

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:41 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
As others have said, I suspect he was told that Greenwood was coming back, hence thinking he could get away with only signing Hojlund - Martial kept incase of dire emergency
Yeah think that's exactly right

Unread 02-11-2023, 03:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Seen off four managers/interims already and has his eye on a fifth.

What a life. getting paid hundreds of thousands a week to do £#%&! all. He's probably as confused as we are when he gets picked for games.

"Me boss? You sure?"
On the phone to his mum. ‘They’re paying me thousands every week. I can’t get my head around it’