United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
Some biff in front of me kept shouting "manc @#%&!s" at the top of his lungs, was steaming but I'm surprised no one channel him. Some daft @#%&! in a shit suit singing about free scarves as well.

Getting in the ground was a massive ball ache, queues were huge. Plenty of jibbing though which is vg2c.
they've got some cracking tunes tbf

shearer turned ya doon
manchester £#%&! £#%&! £#%&!
fergie's right your fans are shite

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
they've got some cracking tunes tbf

shearer turned ya doon
manchester £#%&! £#%&! £#%&!
fergie's right your fans are shite
Was in the train with too many of them from baker Street...

"We hate Nottingham forest we hate Leicester too we hate Sunderland always but noocastle we " etc ..

Asked a £#%&!ing guy stood up...

"Why do you hate Leicester "

"We don't really it just rhymes "

Met loads of sound Geordie's, but it's either sound or @#%&!, or a really odd late 60's collection....

Anyway, shite fans, went far too hard too early .... Like your cousin at a wedding....

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:33 PM
redhegemony

it looked like there were more of them as everyone wore a shirt...

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:39 PM
Seamus

a proper shambles. Our coach was parked in Harrow but trying to get back there was a disaster as the queues for the tubes reached the full length of Wembley way. I walked up a bit and managed to get a uber back to harrow. I had to send the uber back then to get three of the other lads. My mate gave the driver 100 quid to him to guarantee him coming back.

I think I will drive next time.

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
a proper shambles. Our coach was parked in Harrow but trying to get back there was a disaster as the queues for the tubes reached the full length of Wembley way. I walked up a bit and managed to get a uber back to harrow. I had to send the uber back then to get three of the other lads. My mate gave the driver 100 quid to him to guarantee him coming back.

I think I will drive next time.
It was literally the full length, shoulder to shoulder, chest too back...

Could have gone very wrong

Parked at Tufnell Park tube suburbs, free till 08:30 today....

Picked it up at 9 drive back in zero traffic....

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:57 PM
jaffo

I got chattting to a few of them on the tube there and back. They were all really sound lads tbf, I ended up thinking they were alright really.

Hegers is right as well, it just looks like there's more of them as they all wear replica kits (as well as scarves, jester hats, flags etc). Odd bunch but they seemed ok to me, better than a load of moody wannabe Chelsea fans or something

Unread 27-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Fat Al

When we went to the NFL at Wembley, always used to park up at Canons Park tube. A quid or 2 for all day parking on a Sunday.

After the game, we'd stay in our seats til the ground had emptied then wander downstairs & sit on the seats by arch. My youngest would always end up chucking a ball around with random folk walking by & that killed time.
Then a stroll up Wembley Way to the tube. We'd always hit the queues but pretty much the last queue before being let into the station. Bit of a scrum getting into the station but as we were heading north & most would be going south into London, once we got to the platform that was it.

Obv y'day wouldn't be the same but I think we got it pretty well sorted.

Stadium still should have been built at the NEC site mind.

Unread 27-02-2023, 05:33 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It was literally the full length, shoulder to shoulder, chest too back...

Could have gone very wrong

Parked at Tufnell Park tube suburbs, free till 08:30 today....

Picked it up at 9 drive back in zero traffic....
Wasn't that bad when we got to Wembley Central, took about 20 minutes to get from outside to the platform. We left just after they lifted the trophy so might have just been lucky with timings.

Unread 27-02-2023, 06:54 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I got chattting to a few of them on the tube there and back. They were all really sound lads tbf, I ended up thinking they were alright really.

Hegers is right as well, it just looks like there's more of them as they all wear replica kits (as well as scarves, jester hats, flags etc). Odd bunch but they seemed ok to me, better than a load of moody wannabe Chelsea fans or something
I know wearing replicas is frowned up but having spent some time up in that region I found that those wearing football shirts were among the better dressed
Closed Thread