United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:19 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Way off their best, players missing and still strolling away to Arsenal.

They'll be the team to beat again
They look the business - they have better players on the bench at almost every position than we have as a starter

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Arsenal to have an absolute Arsenal.
It was just like watching Wenger

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Do people really think that if he had the defenders he wanted that the style would significantly change? A cautious manager will always find a reason to be cautious. Liverpool today had Alexander Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk and Roberston as their back 4, are we going to pretend that is a top class back line?

Leicester conceded 60 league goals last season but Mou would rather sit and manage the game than push on and expose that weakness. He is who he is, and it is the key reason why I never understood those who thought he was the perfect successor to Fergie, his style of play was always going to be divisive.
I think that was more a stature thing than a style thing.

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Can't see us catching City and Liverpool now
I agree.

I think your spurs @#%&!s will be £#%&!ing shit this season

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
excuse me what the £#%&! is this?
Indeed, silly me who actually remembers the LFC era of dominance recalls lots of defending one goal leads by passing back to the keeper. Was that what was actually meant?

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:45 PM
redhegemony

Arsenal were utterly woeful. Good to see they've bought a new defender who is going to be as good as Stepanovs. Ozil was an embarrassment and Ramsay playing up front wtf.

Didn't think City were all that once we get the front 3 firing we will be right in the mix.

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:45 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Anyone with any interest in keeping their sanity would do well to avoid watching the skaus and ciddy matches this season. I don't watch them when they're shite, never mind when they are streets ahead

Unread 12-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

city were like a cat toying with a mouse. easy win for them.

alex scott though

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:05 PM
red in cumbria

Oh, and we won our initial PL fixture 4-0 a year ago. Just saying and everything.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Oh, and we won our initial PL fixture 4-0 a year ago. Just saying and everything.
Grand, I look forward to them being choked up with cynicism and negativity by October then

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We won 3 out of our first 5 fixtures by the same score line. Unfortunately we had neither the personnel or the playing style to maintain such form and it fell off a £#%&!ing cliff in October after the international break.

Then after City beat us in december we had an utter £#%&!ing holocaust of a christmas period which effectively destroyed the whole season.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:17 PM
MagnificentSeven

city and liverpool both looking very good, but is anyone shocked?

forget what they're doing though, it's up to us to be up there. we won the title in 2011 when chelsea started the season off looking unbeatable. we pissed the league in 2013 at the expense of mancini's so called greatest ever premier league team (at the time).

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We won 3 out of our first 5 fixtures by the same score line. Unfortunately we had neither the personnel or the playing style to maintain such form and it fell off a £#%&!ing cliff in October after the international break.

Then after City beat us in december we had an utter £#%&!ing holocaust of a christmas period which effectively destroyed the whole season.
One version of it.

The other is that we lost all momentum when we set up to shit the bed against Liverpool, and were never able to get it back.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Grand, I look forward to them being choked up with cynicism and negativity by October then
That's the spirit

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
One version of it.

The other is that we lost all momentum when we set up to shit the bed against Liverpool, and were never able to get it back.
Correct.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
One version of it.

I think it was a bit of false momentum tbh. They weren't really that convincing 4-0 scorelines were they. We were running in 2-3 goals in the last 10 mins of games and the overall performances weren't reflected.

I think the huddersfield game was the one that truly wrecked us. It was a horrendous performance. Then we had our annual defeat at chelsea and before you know it any chance of the title had all but gone as it coincided with City winning 16 games on the spin.

I think the worst aspect of all of it was just how quickly everything in the camp turned sour and all belief was lost. It doesn't say much for our collective mental strength.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:58 PM
MagnificentSeven

we actually did play some good stuff in those first few games. i'd say stoke away was when it started to unravel and by the time we got round to playing city the title was unlikely. pogba's injury had an impact too.

i still think we did well to finish second to this city side, but we could and should have put in more of a challenge.

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Tbf all those 4-0’s (3 wasn’t it?) resembled Friday night, only difference being Leicester not capitulating in the last 10 minutes to flatter us. You couldn’t really say that of the dippers today.

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
we actually did play some good stuff in those first few games. i'd say stoke away was when it started to unravel
Was their journeyman who scored a brace that day ever heard of again?

Ah well, they can continue being our "deadly rivals" in the Championship

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
One version of it.

Quite right. That was the moment when Mourinho told the team he didn’t trust them not to get trounced. In retrospect we may have gotten trounced if we’d been more adventurous, but how are you ever going to know what you’re capable of? Confidence with momentum are the holy grail in this game. If you never take a chance you’ll never have either.
Closed Thread